HD-DVD Offer

Zef

The selection really isn't that bad. Its not as bad as the 5 free blu ray movies they offered with PS3.

If i had to pick out of the selection it would be Tokyo Drift, The Pretige, and World Trade Center.

I'm still not getting it though. My PS3 does me fine for playing hi def movies. However, the only reason i would ever buy one would be for the bourne ultimatum.

This deal sucks compared to the one Best Buy had like a month ago.

HD-DVD Drive Bundled w/ King Kong

+2 HD-DVDs of your choice (I got Planet Earth and Heroes Season 1)

+5 HD-DVDs they are offering you as a rebate that are listed here (Many people say it takes about 3 months to get theirs)

Stuff rang up for like 600$ I walked out paying 200$. I wouldn't get this deal though seeing as blu-ray is going to win in the long run, I did it cause of the awesome deal.

I'm holding off. Who knows if HD will be around for a while with the success of blu-ray. MS made a mistake in my book by not incorporating the HD player with the 360. I feel HD would be more popular if they did. I also hate how certain movie studios are "choosing sides." I just want to build my highdef movies library knowing I made the right choice, so I'll wait till a winner is decided.

I'm holding off. Who knows if HD will be around for a while with the success of blu-ray. MS made a mistake in my book by not incorporating the HD player with the 360. I feel HD would be more popular if they did. I also hate how certain movie studios are "choosing sides." I just want to build my highdef movies library knowing I made the right choice, so I'll wait till a winner is decided.

Seriously. They need to just choose one damn format and move on with life. This is getting ridiculous.

And i completely agree. The only reason blu ray is outselling hd dvd is because 4 million people have a PS3. If M$ would have included an hd dvd drive with their console, then 11 million people would have an hd dvd player. Therefore increasing the sales significantly.

This deal sucks compared to the one Best Buy had like a month ago.

HD-DVD Drive Bundled w/ King Kong

+2 HD-DVDs of your choice (I got Planet Earth and Heroes Season 1)

+5 HD-DVDs they are offering you as a rebate that are listed here (Many people say it takes about 3 months to get theirs)

Stuff rang up for like 600$ I walked out paying 200$. I wouldn't get this deal though seeing as blu-ray is going to win in the long run, I did it cause of the awesome deal.

If we had this offer in Europe I would have bought the HD-DVD! But this kind of great offers are only for you guys in the US! :(

I would get the Heroes Season 1 for sure! :)

The offer in the first post is UK/Europe only.

They might be mostly crap films but you can always flog them off or give them away as Xmas pressies =D

I know that this offer is for Europe but what I'm saying is that it is not as good as the offer from BestBuy! ;)

It's still a good offer (5 movies for free :eek:) even though the movies are not the best beside some exceptions.

I own an Elite and have it pluged in to my HDTV via HDMI, but what I'm curious about is if there is a signifigant difference from the normal format. I mean is it that much of an improvement for me to purchase this attachment?

^^^My opinion will always be that any High Def format will be better compared to Standard DVD. Even if the Standard DVD is being upscaled, it still does not compare to High Def.