PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

Crazy Cabbie
12-11-2007, 09:24 PM
the achievement says won 5 times in a drag event useing clutch. i don't understand, i have pressed the rb button then shifted but i haven't gotten the achievement. what am i doing wrong? nevermind, i figured it out.

Jarr0d Nz
12-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Go out to the main menu, then options, then mode options, and turn clutch on for drags

Frizzed
12-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Yea and the clutch should LB on the default controls

Molneze3
12-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Just in case anyone was confused about this achievement... it says "won 5 times in a drag event" "using clutch". Once you get the clutch turned on from the options menu... you need to actually WIN 5 Drag Events. Not just come in first place on one of the three races in a particular drag event, 5 times. This confused me at first... but mine did pop off after i won the 5th different drag event.

If you are having trouble getting down the timing of the clutch... i suggest buying a tier two car (i bought the Lancer) and buying the quick upgrade pack (power packages). This was plenty! Then go to the first set of races... in Battle Machine and pick the drag events. Once again, if you are having trouble with the timing or shifting with the clutch, i suggest doing this because you should blow away the competion without having an over powered car that sends you flying out of control every time you shift. This will allow you to concentrate on just shifting, instead of keeping your car straight, the wheels on the ground and shifting two fast. All you have to do is, when you are about to shift, hold LB for just a split second before you shift. Kind of like a quick 1,2 button sequence.

Just win the event, go pick a new one (you might be able to do the same one over and over, but i didn't try that) and do that 5 times. Achievement!

Rhys
12-15-2007, 11:59 PM
5 events or racedays

Rhys
12-16-2007, 12:55 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/367/-AD8RQ==.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Rhys/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg15G

Won 5 times in a Drag event using Clutch.file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Rhys/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Xerofox
12-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Just go to a race day, go to options -> drag -> clutch -> on.
Pick a drag race and win it 5 times. Easy as that.

Musquito
12-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Damn I didn't know you had to switch the option on. That explains why it wasn't working. I'll try it again.