Pay for maps, or wait until they are free?

B Rad8908

I was just reading about the new Halo 3 maps that are coming out. While they are 800 Microsoft points, aka $10, it also mentions that they will be available for free in spring 2008.

I bought the new maps for Gears of War, only to find out less than a month later they would be free to all. (I bought my Xbox 360 in June)

So I was just wondering what everyone thinks about the subject.

I just think it sucks that we have to pay for stuff they are going to eventually make free.

I would no pay because no map pack is worth $10 if it only includes 3 maps. Especially if its for Gaylo. Just wait a few months they'll be free when they start releasing all of the other map packs.

Oh yes you can rest assure there will be more failed attempts at making this games playability longer.

Gaylo!?!??!

Burnnnnnnnnnn

way old, and kinda kiddish for me, But I like halo 3 but I think its stupid how they make us pay for the game and try to sell stuff like this. take guitar hero 3, how you pay like 100 some thing and you have to pay for extra songs if you want them... I think I will wait tell spring to get the maps

I like that they announced when they would be free. I think for any game for the most part the content already available online is enough and don't see the need to fork over more then $5 extra for more content. If it becomes free then I'm more then happy to download it but I don't see the need to pay so much extra money (it builds up if you're buying new content for multiple games) for simple stuff such as levels.

Only buy them if you love Halo 3. Personally i am going to wait until they become free, i like Halo 3 but i haven't played it in weeks, it just doesn't have that drawback factor for me... But if you play it all the time these maps are a sure bet, if not a little too expensive.

On a side note completely unrelated to this the return of Road America on Forza 2 is great! Now that was a well worth 100MS points spent for me. :)

I'll do this with every single game: I'll pay for the extra content ONLY if it comes with achievements.

im pretty much right there with you bud...there are only 3 maps....and they are all in one new playlist, so until they put them into actual matchmaking your essentially paying 10 dollars to play a new halo 3 beta...if there were already new achievements then that would be a different story....but we all know its to early for that....but for 10 bones there should be at least 5 maps.

i hear the maps in the spring time are gonna be amazing though .

It all depends on the player.

For gears, it was 4 maps and I think 4 months before they were free. Sure, one of the maps is terrible, but I used to play gears a lot and still do every now and then. So in retrospect, I'd probably pay for them again.

Halo I almost never play anymore. I was dragged into one game I think in the past month or so. By the third round everyone was complaining about how bad the game is etc. Not sure why we were playing it, but anyways..

If you live and breathe halo, go for it. Although this business about the new maps only being available in a certain playlists is rather lame sounding too.

what i noticed with alot of downloadable maps, especially gears of war - they were popular when they cost the 800 points. nowadays you'll be lucky to find one of the new maps per round duration. the problem with the gears maps was that the kills on the new maps "allegedly" didn't apply for seriously.

The new maps are a waste of money if you ask me. Just as bad as all the other maps in Halo 3. Which is my main reason for hating Halo 3 so much is the map and online play quality. I just can't get into 'em. So I recommend to everyone to just wait. Especially for $10, the maps are just terrible in my opinion.