PDA

View Full Version : Veteran

Gatsu
12-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Ok for the grizzled veteran achievement do you need to start a new campaign on veteran or can you use mission select to choose the 1st level in the game on veteran then just use continue to play through to the end?

Cold Rival
12-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Either way, they both have the same result. But if you want to be sure, start a brand new campaign, then you'll be sorted.

Shinobi273
12-11-2007, 11:45 PM
The way to do this is to start a new campaign. I tried jumping around and it didn't work. Essentially, I beat the game twice on veteran. The second time is easier than the first if you're interested...

Bellend124
12-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Yea safest bet would be to do it again on a new play through.thats what i did - i'm almost done and i would rather not have to do it again.

The way to do this is to start a new campaign. I tried jumping around and it didn't work. Essentially, I beat the game twice on veteran. The second time is easier than the first if you're interested...

Rofl, if it got harder on you i would be slightly concerned about your ability to play video games....

Pedle Zelnip
01-15-2008, 08:41 PM
I thought about doing veteran on this one as I actually enjoyed CoD2 veteran for the most part, but this game franky sucks by comparison. It was painful enough just getting through the campaign on easy (not because I kept dying, but because the game is so riddled with technical glitches and stupid AI).

Lord of Fate
01-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Dunno if I even have the patience anymore to attempt this game on Veteran. Treyarch sucks at making CoD IMO and the biggest thing that frustrates me about CoD3 is I keep getting stuck on the slightest thing whenever I try to evade enemy fire in that game. Most of the time I die it's because I get stuck on some microscopic rock that any normal person would be able to step over or whatever.

killerkink
01-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Its indeed very tough and take a lot of patience plus hair pulling on some of the checkpts but most you can breeze thru it using your teammates.

Pedle Zelnip
01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Treyarch sucks at making CoD IMO and the biggest thing that frustrates me about CoD3 is I keep getting stuck on the slightest thing whenever I try to evade enemy fire in that game.

That pretty well sums it up. Horrible disappointment this game was. :(

Crimson Drifter
02-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Yeah veteran is ridiculous. I though I would be able to do it as I usually always go through all my games again on the hard difficulty.

Well after a couple days of being stuck on the same checkpoint I was more than happy to trade it in with 425 points. I never want to play this game again. bleh.:uzi:

Soldier 4 I AM
02-10-2008, 07:20 AM
When I got this achievement I started a whole new campaign. This game can be very stressful at many checkpoints. Let me tell you that once you get the grizzled veteran achievement. It is well worth the trouble of getting it. The achievement is very rewording to get.

L1qu1dRage
03-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Alrighty so i spent about a good week or 2 doing the SP campaign on Vet...I finally finished it about 2 days ago and only got the 80gs for "Winning the War" or something like that....But my Grizzled Veteran Achievement did not show up. So i checked on some websites and saw that while i was beating it I went back and did the CQC (100gs) achievement on Easy for St. Lo. Apparently that messed up my Veteran Progress which is essentially why I didn't get the 150gs for the Vet Achievement.

So early yesterday morning I restarted the game...(not a New Game) but i just started at St. Lo again on Veteran and are moving through the game again.

My Question is:
If i didn't start a new Game but i am going from the beginning to the end of the game on veteran again will i get the achievement?

Thanks,
L1qu1dRage