Does it bother you ach. noise, log on noise, and sending messages are all the same?

III Royal III

lol it throws me off and excites me unnecessarily sometimes. haha i look for Achievement Unlocked, when instead XXX Send you blah or is online.

:(

I thought about disabling all of those notifications except achievements but then if someone wanted to play they wouldnt ever get to me unless i start checking every minute or so which then would also be annoying.

The other day something funny happened to me. I was trying to get one of the weapon achievements for Mass Effect. Ok, so I was killing geth and I hear the noise so I was like really happy xD but it was just a friend =( after that, like a minute later I hear the noise again and I thought that this time it was the achievement but it was another friend loging on. After that I got pissed off and I just kept playing and I heard the sound again but this time I thought it was a friend so didn't pay attention to it. But since I saw that is was quite a large name for a friend I decided to check xD and it was the achievement xD

it's not a really funny story i know...

I remember I was going for the 100 games won in GoW, I was so frustrated because it was taking me a long time to get it and one day I finished a game and I hear a *Bloop* sound,so I start jumping around yelling FINALLY!!!!! Only to realize my friend logged in. Yes I removed him after that.

LOL

Sometimes when a friend is playing guitar hero (or any other game) online and i know he's going for some achievements I just keep on sending messages so he gets pissed and logs out of xbox live.

The sound annoys me when i'm playing an online race game or Guitar Hero so i lose my concentration and fu©k up my flawless run. It's time for an update that allows custom sounds, the victory fanfare of Final Fantasy would fit with getting an achievement.

[ame=http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=6aja18HgTTs]YouTube - FF Victory FanFares[/ame]

I have the same problem. I remember i just finished a match in def jam, and was expecting a really hard achievement, and a friend signed on. I ended up getting nothing and i was really pissed off lol.

They should have like master chiefs voice say "achievement unlocked" lol. Or have like that guy that does the movies say it.

yes it does bug me but only when trying to get an ach i've been trying to get for the longest like get one million in hexic every time someone signed on i think i got but no.

@ the guy who was the first to reply, if this thread is pointless you shouldn't waste your time posting.

LOL

Sometimes when a friend is playing guitar hero (or any other game) online and i know he's going for some achievements I just keep on sending messages so he gets pissed and logs out of xbox live.

The sound annoys me when i'm playing an online race game or Guitar Hero so i lose my concentration and fu©k up my flawless run. It's time for an update that allows custom sounds, the victory fanfare of Final Fantasy would fit with getting an achievement.

YouTube - FF Victory FanFares

That would kick so much ass, so hard!

It does get annoying like when youre playing games that take complete concentration to get the achievements and you think you got it but insted someone on your friends list is logging on. Otherwise it doesnt really matter to me. Overall, though, it would be nice to have a different ding for each thing. Besides, its not like it would be that hard for microsoft to do.

I have the same problem. I remember i just finished a match in def jam, and was expecting a really hard achievement, and a friend signed on. I ended up getting nothing and i was really pissed off lol.

They should have like master chiefs voice say "achievement unlocked" lol. Or have like that guy that does the movies say it.

Thats a bloody good idea and cant believe i didnt think of it, you should be able to recrd your own achievement unlocked sound, i would have Achievement Mother Fucker. In mr T vioce.

Excellent idea i hope they do it.