Can I be banned?

Altimus

As we all know some of the earlier 360 games had a bad achievement control system.

Back in April/May of last year I was played a game with my friend on his Xbox. I recovered my profile over there. After one level I got a bunch of achievements that he unlocked since we were using his game save. He unlocked them way before but I unlocked them because of that level we played. I think it was around 500GS. I'm not proud of it and there is no way to reverse it.

But it essence doesn't that make it a game save? Can I be banned for that?

I just don't want to lose all my work for a dumb mistake like that.

No, not really. I don't think I can see a problem with you recovering your file on your friends 360 and playing along side him. It's not like you had him do all the work while you were pumping weights at the gym or whatever it is that you do.

Thats not what he meant..

He is talking about loading a game from his friends xbox and getting achievements without doing any work at all...

I had this happen to an offline account, I received a lot of the Dead or Alive points, without playing the game..

Thanks for the responses guys. I figured the same thing but wasn't sure.

Just curious to see how MS will be able to tell between game saving at not. Even time stamps aren't accurate enough, as even sometimes it may glitch.

I assume they only ban people with modded firmware and what not.

They obviously do not care about gamesaving, as the entire Gamerscore Leaderboards are full of gamesaving whores.

Are you talking about the sites leaderboard or MGC leaderboards? Our leaderboards are clean of gamesavers, unless they sneaked on and no one noticed yet. If they are noticed, they are removed. If you are talking about MGC, yes. All but about 11-12 people in the top 100 are gemesavers/account traders.

Thats not what he meant..

He is talking about loading a game from his friends xbox and getting achievements without doing any work at all...

I had this happen to an offline account, I received a lot of the Dead or Alive points, without playing the game..

I know. They played along side each other though. He was playing with his friend on his XBOX and they finished the first level together.

Regardless, this isn't unintentional gamesaving or anything of that nature. People use that MUA way by loading up their checkpoint on hard, bring their friend into the game, and beat it on hard with them. It's not like he downloaded the save, had his friend do it all while he wasn't there right beside him, had his friend do it for him, etc.

I was actually thinking about restarting my GS. Creating a new account and everything.

I don't like this game overshadowing my account and I'm not proud of online game boosting either that I have done. A lot of work lost... anyone else restart?

I've got a mate who restarted for some reason like he didn't like his GT and didn't want to dish out 800 points for a name change. He only have 10K and that really annoyed him. You've got nearly 50K. You would be mad to restart because of a small 500. You didn't do it on purpose, you didn't know it would happen, you shouldn't let it get to you. But whatever you do, don't restart. Forget about it and get some more gaming in this winter. :)

I know there was a glitch for Kameo where you could load up a save on a profile with all the achievements, log out and sign in with another GT and that GT will unlock the achievements. They just won't be in order.

I think MS knows about such games and doesn't really check them. Like someone else said, they're probably much more interested in the people earning Seriousely in GoW with a Silver account and no dates next to their achievements.

I've got a mate who restarted for some reason like he didn't like his GT and didn't want to dish out 800 points for a name change. He only have 10K and that really annoyed him. You've got nearly 50K. You would be mad to restart because of a small 500. You didn't do it on purpose, you didn't know it would happen, you shouldn't let it get to you. But whatever you do, don't restart. Forget about it and get some more gaming in this winter. :)

Thats what I was thinking... just don't want to be labeled a cheater if I ever reach the big 100k club. I'll probably continue though, don't really see myself doing some of those achievements all over again. Like the Mile High Club.

As we all know some of the earlier 360 games had a bad achievement control system.

Back in April/May of last year I was played a game with my friend on his Xbox. I recovered my profile over there. After one level I got a bunch of achievements that he unlocked since we were using his game save. He unlocked them way before but I unlocked them because of that level we played. I think it was around 500GS. I'm not proud of it and there is no way to reverse it.

But it essence doesn't that make it a game save? Can I be banned for that?

I just don't want to lose all my work for a dumb mistake like that.

What game was it? Some friends I know at college did something like what you described with marvel ultimate alliance. They said something about 'leaching his save'. But they didn't glitch or anything.

Sometimes I just dont bother to turn on the Internet while playing X360. Does this make those achievements less valid?

Depends. If you have the full 1000 offline on a game that's widely known to be gamesaved, and is difficult, then there will be suspicion. But if say, like me, you got the full 1000 in King Kong offline, which is generally considered to be one of the easiest retails ever, no one will suspect you. Just try to get a majority online. If I know I'm about to get an achievement of a higher difficulty, I plug in Live.

What game was it? Some friends I know at college did something like what you described with marvel ultimate alliance. They said something about 'leaching his save'. But they didn't glitch or anything.

Full Auto. It glitched whole lot of them, I think I got only about 10 achievements myself in that game. To makes matter worse it glitched as acquired even though we were online. We both loaded our profiles, finished a game and boom... achievements unlocked.

Even though its one game, others might assume I game saved... which I didn't if you look at my other games.

I will probably just stay with this account since I've been getting achievements since launch but it just bugs me a little bit. Maybe one day MS will allow us to remove games from our profile although I doubt it.