How many people are playing <old game> online?

henchmanc

Is there a website or something where you can see what games are currently being played online and how many people are playing it? I would like to buy some older games I had played (rentals) before I had XBOX LIVE! and revisit them online and maybe flesh out my gamerscore, but I'm not feeling like purchasing them and finding out when I log on that no one is there to play with and I just threw out X ammount of money, even if it is only 10-20 bucks. Say for instance Splinter Cell: Double Agent or Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare. Older games whose Campaigns were fun, but are completed now and would only buy them for the multiplayer achievement aspect of them. I really think there should be a service like this out there if there isn't already. It would probably get more people interested in buying older games and taking them online.

I still play COD3 online a lot. It isn't really that old, but everyone now plays COD4. Not many people are on live playing COD3.

Yeah, CoD3 is what I had out when my XBOX died, so I returned it. I was thinking of picking it up with some holiday money, but wasn't sure if anyone would be playing online, that's one of the reasons I thought of this topic.

If there were a service like this, it could be anonymous. Not giving the names of people playing what game, just a number of how many people are playing. But m$ probably is the only one that would have those numbers. Then again, I know nothing about programming, so I could be wrong.

360voice.com has something like what you are looking for, it only tracks members of course, but the site has over 100,000 members so it's a decent cross section of the XBL community. For each game there is a chart showing how many people have been playing that particular game while online.

360voice.com has something like what you are looking for, it only tracks members of course, but the site has over 100,000 members so it's a decent cross section of the XBL community. For each game there is a chart showing how many people have been playing that particular game while online.

Does it have a date range of how recently? I was kind of thinking more along the lines of a real time tracking system, but if it has a log of at least the last week or 2, that would be acceptable. Can you provide a link to the page you are referring to?

Does it have a date range of how recently? I was kind of thinking more along the lines of a real time tracking system, but if it has a log of at least the last week or 2, that would be acceptable. Can you provide a link to the page you are referring to?

http://www.360voice.com/game.asp?game=Call+Of+Duty+3

There is the page for CoD3, it shows the breakdown day by day for the last month.