PDA

View Full Version : LIVE Friends List?

Sanction
12-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Could it be possible for this site to show ours LIVE friends? Like B.net does, it shows messages and friends. Just curious since right now both sides of the screen are just green, vertical, bar that take up a bit of unused space.

Personally, I like my idea (but who doesn't like their own ideas?)

If this has been discussed before, I apologize, it's just been an itch I've been meaning to scratch and I finally did. ;)

Vista
12-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Just curious since right now both sides of the screen are just green, vertical, bar that take up a bit of unused space.

Turn on x360a WIDE format, lol just kidding. It would be a good idea, since I am always going from Xbox.com to here... Not sure how easy it would be though.

Adam Miller
12-15-2007, 08:41 PM
If it could be done it would be handy...we could eliminate xbox.com forever. :)

n1n3t33nd3lta
12-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Like an XBL ticker? Shows who's online and who's playing what. That'd be a good idea. Except just YOUR friends list, have it where it displays the members of the site and their info. Sorry to whore the thread, I figured why make two posts about the same thing.

Bodangles
12-16-2007, 09:56 AM
it is a great idea as far as ideas gp, but messing with the green space will completely throw off the page's display chemistry. i think if in USERCP or another tab we had our account info that would be sick. but this is only if Routine drinks his GodJuice.

RoutineX
12-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately at the time it's not possible because the users would have to enter their Microsoft Passport / Live ID username and password. All sites that isn't directly connected with Microsoft in such a way where it would be normal to ask for that information (like Bungie -> Halo) is not allowed to ask for it.

If Microsoft on the other hand released a "friend list feed" in the near future, it's something that can be arranged.

jackanape
12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Damn, now we'll never know which of our friends are playing Party Animals when they should be meeting up for a 'manly' game of...........cricket, or something.

I'll just leave quietly shall I?

Still that would have been a nice addition.

KiLL CraZy
12-17-2007, 01:01 AM
i agree, that would be sick if we could do that

RedstaR
12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately at the time it's not possible because the users would have to enter their Microsoft Passport / Live ID username and password.

:whs, That's basically how it would work, and Microsoft wouldn't allow it because they don't want ANYONE to possibly steal another person's password... but I'm sure if Microsoft & the x360a staff talked.. there could be a way to arrange it but... too much trouble just for a friends list if you ask me :\

mig029
12-21-2007, 03:25 AM
if this site showed ur friends list, it would be amazing. The Community would grow immensely, and the network that is x360a we become its own experience.

Ingles
12-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Unfortunately at the time it's not possible because the users would have to enter their Microsoft Passport / Live ID username and password. All sites that isn't directly connected with Microsoft in such a way where it would be normal to ask for that information (like Bungie -> Halo) is not allowed to ask for it.

If Microsoft on the other hand released a "friend list feed" in the near future, it's something that can be arranged.

The thing to pay attention to here is... if Microsoft released a "friends list feed". I'd like to see such a thing happen but I for one don't think that Microsoft will ever be up for such an idea because that would only direct traffic away from Xbox.com. I don't see Microsoft making such a move.

Sanction
12-23-2007, 01:21 AM

What if it was setup so we could enter our friends list? Like how MGC has leaderboards you can put people on. We could simply enter each of our friends in...I realize it would take a while to add all mine [62], but it would be worth it...

...could that be done?

CaptainMayhem88
12-23-2007, 09:00 PM
that woulda been a cool idea though.

Pez
12-23-2007, 09:56 PM
I think we should lean more towards what Mygamercard.net does.

If you've seen, they have something called a LIVETracker, which shows the status of all the members of Mygamercard.net!

If you've never seen it before, here's a preview: Link (http://www.mygamercard.net/tracker.php)

~SS

Birky
12-23-2007, 09:59 PM
I think we should lean more towards what Mygamercard.net does.

If you've seen, they have something called a LIVETracker, which shows the status of all the members of Mygamercard.net!

If you've never seen it before, here's a preview: Link (http://www.mygamercard.net/tracker.php)

~SS

O man... that is sweet. It would be awesome if we got that here.

narcolepticshee
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
yeh - i say give it a go! (I know it's easier said then done though haha) I'd be up for using it

Peace

XboxFreak36
12-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Yea try it!! It sounds gd maybe it will come :) u never know!