PDA

View Full Version : another one bites the dust!

soldat329x
12-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Yeah, pedal cracked today. Pedal went down, half came up >.<.

Question for anyone who recieved their replacements, are they designed differently? This just seems like a never ending process if they aren't....

Jdm
12-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Are they really that easy to break?

My friend told me he broke his as well and the Downward Strum on the Guitar is also broken.

I purchased this as a X-mas gift for my bros, but I don't want it to break down on them.

Do you guys get the replacement parts from EA/Harmonix or do you guys have some sort of Replacement Plan/Warranty from the Retailers?

DFILL450
12-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Do you guys get the replacement parts from EA/Harmonix or do you guys have some sort of Replacement Plan/Warranty from the Retailers?
You have to get the replacements directly from EA. You can't take it back to the store if something breaks.

Jdm
12-15-2007, 01:44 AM
You have to get the replacements directly from EA. You can't take it back to the store if something breaks.

So what would happen if you purchased a Replacement Plan/Warranty on Rock Band?

Best Buy offers a Replacement Plan on Rock Band, but I'm not sure how that would work out.

she haunts me
12-15-2007, 01:45 AM
My buddy made a "no shoes" rule on his drums. Won't let anyone drum with shoes on ever since he broke his first one. EA replaced his kit. He hasn't had any problems with the kit since the "no shoes" rule. If you got a store warranty from the place you purchased, then they should replace it.

DFILL450
12-15-2007, 02:04 AM
So what would happen if you purchased a Replacement Plan/Warranty on Rock Band?

Best Buy offers a Replacement Plan on Rock Band, but I'm not sure how that would work out.
Are they really? I wonder if they do replace the whole bundle then if it breaks.

I was reading on the gamespot forums about how some kid got ripped off by best buy. He went to go get his 360 replaced (he had the product replacement plan) because he got the RROD. They said that they don't replace the consoles but only "fix" them. So who knows.
Read it here: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26097294&tag=recent_topics;title;0

Fire Mage
12-15-2007, 04:52 AM
I never use shoes on the pedal. I'm always in my socks and as best as I can I try not to put overly too much force. But I don't know, sometimes I have to when going fast.

Nothing broke yet on it. Although my guitar down strum did, I'm just waiting for the new guitar.

soldat329x
12-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Going back to my question, is the replacement designed differently as to avoid the stress between the spring and the joint?

ASTROBL4ACK
12-15-2007, 05:26 PM
I should be getting my replacement this week, so I'll know by then.

DeadBbyMlkShake
12-17-2007, 06:44 PM
i havent really had any problems with my drum kit just sometimes the yellow doesnt register no biggy. the thing thats got me pissed is im about 2 send back the guitar that i JUST got back from replaced becouse ea cant fix a simple strum bar

Ceryino63
12-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah, i'm on my 3rd guitar already... and it feels like its about to bite the dust =\

TOMY703
12-18-2007, 03:41 PM
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2223
a mod that might help your pedal

Feel My Rage
12-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Quick queston for you Soldat,since you are doin teh drums right now...

How do you activate the overdrive?From what i've seen in vids its the wierd custom thing or whatever that ends in a big glowing green note....

soldat329x
12-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Yeah, when you get enough overdrive to activate it, these things called "fills" show up where you basically just bang around like a retard and you hit this glowing green note at the end and BAM! overdrive.

REBEL BOY OO9
03-05-2008, 12:28 AM
The new ones are the same as the old ones, to not let it break put metal ont it

OldWIKI TIK
03-05-2008, 01:22 AM
The new ones are the same as the old ones, to not let it break put metal ont it
Hey! Is it just me or did minty delete your earlier posts because you don't post anything useful at all and keep bringing up dead threads. You suck, took me 2 threads to figure it out. Please knock it off.