PDA

View Full Version : need help with 14 blocks

Zang21925
12-16-2007, 07:54 PM
ya so i have every achievement but the 14 blocks culd anybody tell me the best way to get them and then help me out online

Bodangles
12-16-2007, 08:20 PM
i think you meant to post in the 07 thread, but the easiest way to do this is to hold up on the right analog stick. create a monstrous player and just guard the shooter. had you searched the forum, you woud have found numerous other ways :).

Turbo VDuB 44
12-17-2007, 07:56 AM
i think you meant to post in the 07 thread, but the easiest way to do this is to hold up on the right analog stick. create a monstrous player and just guard the shooter. had you searched the forum, you woud have found numerous other ways :).

My bet would be he posted in the correct forum. NCAA MM 08 is already out and the Blocks are the tricky achievement. "Just guarding the shooter" is like saying please steal the Mona Lisa in the midle of the day....it's not happening. Unless you use two controllers but that is still a trick in itself because even if a 7'6" player guarding a 5'4" player, I got 0 blocks in a 10 minute game.

Zang21925
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
ya i did post 4 the right forum me and my friend tried it online with rules off and we only got 2 blocks each in 20 min halfs

I King Pin 0
12-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Are you using the two controller approach? Just curious as to where you were shooting from if you are using the two controllers. Make sure your opponent shoots from inside the arc because this allows them to jump straight upwards instead of a leaning launch type shot that they do if they are outside the 3 point line. Line your player up (the blocker) a bit in front of the shooter and as the shooter (controller 2) jumps up to make a shot, almost to the very top, hit the jump/block button which will cause your player to lean into them to make the block. Rinse and repeat. Good luck!

Turbo VDuB 44
12-20-2007, 07:44 PM
I got it with the same method as 07. Use the second controller and push up on the right stick. Then with the first controller move up as close to the guy as you can and shoot. Instant block and the ball will fall right back ito your hands. You can do it with 2 minute halves. Piece of cake and not as hard as the jumping method.

unclejessie
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
i was having a harder time in 2008 vs 2007 using this method until i used my created player who was 7' 6" against a reduced size team all of 5' 4". also of course it is easier when you turn out of bounds and backcourt violations off so you can just use both controllers and pin the two players in the backcourt and get 14 blocks in about 2 min :)

Parkerktm
02-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Thanks for all the advice, will try this method on the upcoming weekend

gatorbait
04-13-2008, 05:32 AM
I just used the 2 controller method for 07 but for some reason I'm not having the same success in 08. I'll have to try out some of the tips I guess.

midwynter
04-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Are you using the two controller approach? Just curious as to where you were shooting from if you are using the two controllers. Make sure your opponent shoots from inside the arc because this allows them to jump straight upwards instead of a leaning launch type shot that they do if they are outside the 3 point line. Line your player up (the blocker) a bit in front of the shooter and as the shooter (controller 2) jumps up to make a shot, almost to the very top, hit the jump/block button which will cause your player to lean into them to make the block. Rinse and repeat. Good luck!

I got this in a 10 minute game, standing just outside the arc as there were fewer players in the area. The hardest thing you have to watch for is making sure that it's the same guy doing all the blocking as the player match-ups can and will change around. Good advice though and it worked beautifully. Cheers! :)

IMP4C7
05-18-2008, 03:47 PM
You can put a rubber band around your controller to keep your gamertag controller pushing up while you position the shooter. Quicker, easier.

Martin Biron
05-25-2008, 08:56 AM
i was having a harder time in 2008 vs 2007 using this method until i used my created player who was 7' 6" against a reduced size team all of 5' 4". also of course it is easier when you turn out of bounds and backcourt violations off so you can just use both controllers and pin the two players in the backcourt and get 14 blocks in about 2 min :)
wow! worked like a charm. I cant believe i didnt think of this before reading this post lmao. One more achievement for 1000 for me, thanks for the tip ;)

killerharu45
08-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I got it with the same method as 07. Use the second controller and push up on the right stick. Then with the first controller move up as close to the guy as you can and shoot. Instant block and the ball will fall right back ito your hands. You can do it with 2 minute halves. Piece of cake and not as hard as the jumping method.

Great tips. I couldn't get a block to save my life but then I used this method and I got it in 5 minutes. Good job.

BodySnatcher23
10-22-2008, 05:17 PM
all you guys youre going about this the wrong way lol. In 08 theres the new post up feature. if you guess right you get blocks 100% of the time. use 2 controllers and press X on one controller and at the same time press Y on the next controller. I get probly 5+ blocks a game on default settings without tryin to get the achivement. keep doing this and you'll get the achivement EASY.

Trust me, do this and you'll be mad at urself for spending so much time using the other methods.

TheChupacabra10
01-06-2009, 05:30 PM
The pushing up method worked like a charm, first game trying it and I had 16 blocks in the first half, thanks guys for your help