PDA

View Full Version : WTF Moment?

ToyzNTheHood
12-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I tried the Close Quarter Combatant achievement and i didnt use 'nades or fire a weapon. Didn't get the achievement. Anyone know why before i trade in this waste they call a game? I'm not saying that cause of the achievement either...

Shinobi273
12-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I unlocked this perfectly fine. Give it another try.

Spades12321
12-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Make sure you dont do it on level 1, because the basic training forces you to shoot the helmets, therefore making you unable to get the achievement. Try it on level 2 or 3, as they are quite easy to do it on.

ToyzNTheHood
12-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I did do but i never shot no one, Its hard not to shoot...

Strato Streak
12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey I got the game and achievement today, got quite far actually! To ty and help, I got my close quarter achievement on the level where you start off by entering a sort of castle and then fighting your way to a town separated by a river which you later have to paddle across with the right stick. It was very very easy on the easy difficulty, and grenades seriously help when clearing buildings!

The only problem was at the end where you have to defend the guy whos arming or disarming the bombs in the crate (my copy of COD3 is in french for some reason!!) and when he gets to the last bomb, you're supposed to man the MG but you can't if you're getting the achievement. Took him about 15 mins to disarm/arm as i threw smoke and normal grenades but I got it in the end.

Might help if you told us what mission you tried doing it on - don't know if a lvl where you have to man a gun or do some shooting from a tank counts.

Soldier 4 I AM
02-11-2008, 06:50 AM
When I Got the achievement I think I did it on the second level. Its where you start off on a bridge then the blow a whistle. I know I through a lot of grenades and I got the achievement.