Are 100+ hour achievements worth your time?

ThirdeYe

I recently purchased a Play & Charge kit just so that I'd be able to leave my wireless controller on to be able to get some of these ridiculous achievements in games like Beautiful Katamari and Wartech where you need to have 100 hours played to unlock the achievements. Usually they're worth 80-100 points, but do any of you actually bother with any of these? Leaving the console on for 100 hours probably wouldn't hurt it, but I was still curious as to what others think, are 100 hour achievements worth it to you?

I personally think that 100 hr+ achievements are a waste of time. But if you havent got anything else to do, then I might as well do them.

Hahahaha roflcopter...

I think the best thing to do when you have an achievement that i splay the game for X amount of time is to ignore it. You should first get all the other achievements and play the game as much as you want, than tape that joystick and take a nap.

Leaving the console on for 100 hours probably wouldn't hurt it, but I was still curious as to what others think, are 100 hour achievements worth it to you?

In mother Russia, Xbox plays you!

I did it for DOA 4 and Wartch. I go to work, but leave it on, plug and play. That's 8 hours of making money and getting things done. It's time efficent!

I don't think I've unlocked an Achievement that's taken over 20 hours. :p If I were to go for an Achievement that takes 100+ hours of playing, it would have to be a really good game. Either that or a nice amount of Gamerscore for getting the Achievement. Sometimes just playing the game will get you pretty close to where you need to be for playing "X" amount of hours.

I was surprised when I got the "Too Many To Count" Achievement on Guitar Hero 3 for hitting 250,000 Notes. I wasn't expecting it at all, and that must've taken a good amount of time.

look you you can play and when you go to sleep just leave it on... that is quite a few hours donw right there i mean for me it would be like 12 a night.... but than again when you wake up you might want to play ur 360... that would not be good to leave you 360 on that many hours...

It would be a shame if your 360 messes up with out you playing it... i mean just letting it sit there is not worth having it over heat....

i hate achievements like that unless they are worth alot of points, but i also think achievements over 150G are normally just silly amount of points anyway for one thing. But on most games you can complete in say Viva Pinata if you know what your doing can finish the game and get 980G in 12 hours, but you have to elave it on for 50 hours to get the last achievement.

Aren't the time achievements usually with bad games?

I know if I was a developer and putting out a game like COD or GeOW I wouldn't be putting a dumb time achievements. Something fun and challenging.

Um hello, Viva Pinata owns and it has a 50 hr achievement. I think in some cases, it's a good idea, as long as you don't get too excessive with the amount of time needed to unlock it. They should've thrown something like that into COD4 to make more people check out the MP after finishing the game.

Well for me it just depends. If i like the game i know i will play for longer then the time required to get the achievment so i just play but sometimes you have to keep your controller on if you dont like the game or you have a time before it has to go back before you have to give it back to the rental store. But this can cause problem keeping it on may overheat the system and can cause some serious problems if kept on long enough.

Even with boosting that would still take hours and hours and hours, I mean, 1000 matches?!

I have that achievement and it 'only' took about 30 hours to get it. Then I just left my console on the menus while I was at work, watching TV, cleaning etc and the time built up pretty quickly.

I wouldn't recommend Wartech for an easy 1000 that's for sure, ha ha!

I think achievements like this are only useful if they are linked to the amount of time it takes to play/complete the other achievements. If you can do EVERYTHING else in a game and still need 50+ hours towards an achievement then that's sloppy planning by the developers.