PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with Drums

willcrazyiii
12-18-2007, 11:11 PM
How in the world is it possible to beat "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on Expert? I can not slam down on the foot pedal as fast as it wants me to, and I'm almost certain if I keep trying and failing this song it will break the pedal. This is just ridiculous that they would put something like this on here, it is impossible.

Any tips? I'm about to give up. It seemed so easy until this song.

willcrazyiii
12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Good god

Just beat it

All I can say is this song is ridiculous... Harmonix did not think through Drums well... I realize its Expert, but if there's my songs like this my pedal is going to snap in half

Ios Matthew
12-18-2007, 11:17 PM
I tried this out of random, but just try to do the gh (gutiar hero) thing, Just take a controller and the green drum is the A button, the red pedal is the B button, the yellow pedel is the y button, and the blue pedel is the x button, im srry but i dont know the the pedel is but ill tell you what it is when i find it out.:)

willcrazyiii
12-18-2007, 11:25 PM
There is no pedal button that's the problem!

willcrazyiii
12-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Well drum pedal just cracked.

Fun while it lasted.

Goddamn Harmonix needs to not make Expert so insane... I knew it was going to happen and it did. Any help on how to get a new pedal without a great deal of hassle?

zdarko43
12-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Goddamn Harmonix needs to not make Expert so insane... I knew it was going to happen and it did. Any help on how to get a new pedal without a great deal of hassle?

only way to exchange it is sending it in, filing the crap. it's such a hassle. you'll probably not see a new pedal until sometime in jan.

as far as the song goes, i dont know, i can barely even play the game on hard, let alone expert. and only at 3-4 songs at a time, my arthiritis in my ankles really gets going and its too painful to continue. :-/ maybe i'll have to try the controller thing after all. :(

Caleb Goessling
12-18-2007, 11:55 PM
It took them three days to send me a new pedal. Not that bad. Also: I've seen reinforcing pedal plates on eBay. I hope to snag one after Christmas.

DFILL450
12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Stop double posting DAMNIT!! :eek: lol Theres an edit button for a reason.

Whats the fun of playing with the controller? It wouldn't even help since you have to hit red so fast on most of the expert songs.

soldat329x
12-19-2007, 03:29 AM
Whats the fun of playing with the controller? It wouldn't even help since you have to hit red so fast on most of the expert songs.

First off.. You can't. The controller is reserved for vocals ONLY.

*Moving away from the quote**
Second, EA is doing there best to provide adequate customer service. I got my guitar replaced in 2 days and my pedal in 2 days. Maps is not that ridiculous. The pedal has a steady rhythm. You want ridiculous, go play blackened.

HoodMod
12-19-2007, 03:35 AM
I actually think I could hell of ace this game if it weren't sold out everywhere. I actually play the drums, so I wish I could play it...

soldat329x
12-19-2007, 03:46 AM
I actually think I could hell of ace this game if it weren't sold out everywhere. I actually play the drums, so I wish I could play it...

I will bow to your whim if you can 5 star Blackened WITHOUT a double bass pedal...

n1n3t33nd3lta
12-19-2007, 04:51 AM
haha, I would <3 harmonix if there was a double bass pedal for this game. It'd make songs like blackend and justice a lot easier.

HoodMod
12-19-2007, 05:27 AM
I will bow to your whim if you can 5 star Blackened WITHOUT a double bass pedal...

Lol, I've never played the game, so I have no real basis to brag. But I have a double base in real life - be there any way to cheat the system?

n1n3t33nd3lta
12-19-2007, 05:55 AM
well, you can get a friend to press the pedal for you so you only have to worry about the red, yellow, blue, and green pads. makes it tons easier if you're playing on expert.

I N64 I StarFox
12-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Like someone else said, Maps is just a steady bass rhythm the whole time. If you have any leg muscle at all you shouldn't have to struggle to do this song. The hard songs are the ones where the rhythm changes up or it goes to 16th or even 32nd notes. I've broken one pedal, took it back to best buy and got a whole new rock band. Now my green pad isn't working and something is going wrong with the guitar. This game is really not worth all the money. The shit just breaks.

HoodMod
12-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Like someone else said, Maps is just a steady bass rhythm the whole time. If you have any leg muscle at all you shouldn't have to struggle to do this song. The hard songs are the ones where the rhythm changes up or it goes to 16th or even 32nd notes. I've broken one pedal, took it back to best buy and got a whole new rock band. Now my green pad isn't working and something is going wrong with the guitar. This game is really not worth all the money. The shit just breaks.

I've been considering buying it and have basically abandoned it because it's sold out everywhere, which pisses me off. Reminds me of when the Wii came out, and they had so few consoles shipped out. It's ridiculous. When something is getting hype, you should make LOTS. I know it went Platinum or whatever in pre-orders too, but still...

But is it really the game that's wrong with it, or the shitty peripherals? You could always use the GH guitar.

I N64 I StarFox
12-19-2007, 05:50 PM
I've been considering buying it and have basically abandoned it because it's sold out everywhere, which pisses me off. Reminds me of when the Wii came out, and they had so few consoles shipped out. It's ridiculous. When something is getting hype, you should make LOTS. I know it went Platinum or whatever in pre-orders too, but still...

But is it really the game that's wrong with it, or the shitty peripherals? You could always use the GH guitar.

Thats what I thought when I bought the game, but then I started using the Guitar Hero 3 controller, and then its starts to mess up. Sometimes the orange and red buttons just die for no reason. So far, for me, the only guitar hero or rock band instrument that hasn't messes up is the Guitar Hero 2 guitar and the microphone.

The Chosen 0ne
12-20-2007, 04:45 PM
All I have to say is try and don't give up, you might get lucky.
Im still on medium-hard on drums so yeah. =D