PDA

View Full Version : Dude Nukem forever trailer out tomorrow

Zee
12-19-2007, 12:29 AM
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/image.php?u=10428&dateline=1198013994

This just in from George Broussard over on the 3D Realms Forums: "Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever. After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.
Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, here is a screen shot taken from the teaser.
Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.
I'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John)."

That's right, it's the end of times. Now translating that from 3D Realms Central Time that means we should be checking out the video around 2 p.m. Mountain, 2027.
Source: http://kotaku.com/335467/duke-nuke-em-forever-trailer-hits-tomorrow

This news crashed 3d realm's forums. The picture of the trailer is in the link.

Edit: The new trailer can be found here
Source : http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=24677
Thanks Gun-Nut

Darth Heyburt
12-19-2007, 12:42 AM
His name is Duke.

Wrong Spelling FTW.

Dunno... spose this might be good.

"I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL!"

HiddenPandas
12-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Duke Nukem "Taking" Forever...

I can't believe it...I can't let myself believe...I'll just be heartbroken again

HiddenPandas
12-19-2007, 12:43 AM
His name is Duke.

Wrong Spelling FTW.

Dunno... spose this might be good.

"I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL!"

LOL...I just noticed he spelt it wrong...

Dude Nukem? Is he related?:p

Zee
12-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Dude nukem is his son... What did you think he did all this time...
Anyway Fixed it :cool:

Tussell
12-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Sounds interesting, I'll definitely need to check this out. Haven't touched a Nukem game since I was about eight.

HiddenPandas
12-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Sounds interesting, I'll definitely need to check this out. Haven't touched a Nukem game since I was about eight.

Same here...I think I was just entering middle school the first time I played on, or perhaps in my last year of elementary school...Now I'm in college :p

Zee
12-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Just for kicks. (http://duke.a-13.net/)

It's a list of things that came out and things that took a shorter amount of time then the development of DNF.

When Duke Nukem Forever was announced, the fastest processor available to consumers was a 233Mhz Pentium. Since then the clock speed of consumer processors has increased over 16 times (32 times counting dual cores), and the fabrication process has decreased from 250nm to 65nm.

Darth Heyburt
12-19-2007, 01:37 AM
YouTube - Duke Nukem Forever - E3 Trailer 2001

Trailer From 2001.

About a week before this game were due to come out.

Zee
12-19-2007, 01:43 AM
I was going to post that too. They said they scraped 98% of the work they did on the game.

HiddenPandas
12-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Is it just me or does that black dude look like Will Smith?

Siege Is Like
12-19-2007, 10:45 AM
lol i thought the whole nukem thing was an ongoing joke they loved to tease people with?

Bajan Elite
12-19-2007, 06:01 PM
If Duke Nukem supposed to be this cool why not release a next-gen version instead of a crappy arcade game, I don't care for the series much but if they revamped the franchise then yeah I would try it out for 360.

Gun-Nut
12-19-2007, 06:17 PM
New Trailer is out and looks much better to that 2001 version that I never even seen before.

Source : http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=24677

Adam Miller
12-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Never played Duke Nukem before, ill probaly check this out.

gravest_jimmy
12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
never played any duke games, looks gd though might be worth a shot

antilucid
12-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Being one of the elder people of the community (age wise, not membership wise), I can tell you Duke Nukem was a lot of fun back in his day. The witty one liners and often hilarious scenery paved the way for a more charismatic approach to a genre of games whose entries at the time were Heretic, Quake, Wolfenstein 3d, and Doom. Another name most people don't ever hear about is Shadow Warrior, also made by the same people. It carried some of the charm and wit but with ninja's. Sadly, this series never went anywhere.

On to Forever. It has been 10 years since I first heard the announcement and I still have my doubts. Until I see actual working gameplay and not just a CG trailer, I refuse to get my hopes up.

Deyankees1
12-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Yea it looks aight not anything that im dying over.

Bajan Elite
12-20-2007, 12:16 AM
o wait its for pc never mind, the pic up top had me thinking it was an arcade release

Zee
12-20-2007, 02:22 AM
On to Forever. It has been 10 years since I first heard the announcement and I still have my doubts. Until I see actual working gameplay and not just a CG trailer, I refuse to get my hopes up.
The site says "the clip includes gameplay footage" and they say they are not changing the engines again. So lets hope they don't for the 12th time.

o wait its for pc never mind, the pic up top had me thinking it was an arcade release
Ha ha, I put that up there for a joke.

Anyway let's just hope it was worth the wait. As small a chance that is.

antilucid
12-20-2007, 02:47 AM
The site says "the clip includes gameplay footage" and they say they are not changing the engines again. So lets hope they don't for the 12th time.
Even if that were actual gameplay, I meant to see the game in a full working build, not just a few seconds tossed in here and there.

Adebisi 187
12-20-2007, 02:53 AM
duke nukem 3d was the first game i played on my computer a long long time ago, and probably the most fun i've ever had playing a game. I can't wait for this to come out if it ever does, and would probably put it over any other game i can think of. Sick of playing so much trash lately just to squeeze out a "higher score".

pongsifu
12-20-2007, 04:41 AM
I'm going to reinstall Duke Nukem 3d Atomic Edition on my computer now and see if it still works (the installation process alone shows how damn old the game is).

TIGERBOOBOO
12-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Geez, i hope this game comes out. DUke Nukem was my favorite PC game years and years ago. It would be great on the 360.

TyloSB
12-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Can't wait to see another teaser in 2018, Duke Nukem Forever! ;)

Honkymagoo
12-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Can't wait to see another teaser in 2018, Duke Nukem Forever! ;)

LOL That game is never coming out. I think that's why it's called Duke Nukem Forever. That's how long it's taking to make it. For fucking ever.

antilucid
12-20-2007, 07:19 PM
LOL That game is never coming out. I think that's why it's called Duke Nukem Forever. That's how long it's taking to make it. For fucking ever. When I am old and senile, I will be sitting in my rocking chair on my porch and one of my grand kids will call me up and tell me about the brand new Duke Nuke Forever Trailer they just saw.

mig029
12-24-2007, 06:46 AM
This game is never going to come out. They only sent out this trailer b/c Jeff Gertsman repeatedly talked trash about it, now that he is out of the media they are throwing the game down his throat. JK, i hope this game comes out, it'll make all the inbred rednecks happy they still have a pc, running Windows 98