Rep and the Star Rating

Mr G85X

This is probably asked a lot, but i searched about and found nothing explaining how it works not even the xbox website helped, and most forums were just people crying about bad rep

So i figured i would ask here, I've always had a 4.75ish star rep and 100% preferred rep since i didn't play on live much and probably didn't get much ratings

But today i received my first negative rating for some reason

but the rating filled my stars to 5

Does the rep percentages effect the stars or do the stars reflect the amount of ratings you receive?

Does anyone understand it?

I don't think even Microsoft understand it. I think the two are related but don't reflect each other, maybe the stars just show whether you have received feedback from people and the numbers show how that feedback is distributed. Or something like that.

Just rest easy knowing that they don't mean a whole bunch since they can easily be changed with a few friendly x360a members.

I don't think even Microsoft understand it. I think the two are related but don't reflect each other, maybe the stars just show whether you have received feedback from people and the numbers show how that feedback is distributed. Or something like that.

Just rest easy knowing that they don't mean a whole bunch since they can easily be changed with a few friendly x360a members.

(Not being mean) but how can Microsoft not know how there own stuff works?

personally i really dont understand he raing system i know how evr youput it you will end up wiht the 5 star ratings. The question i have is if you 100% bad rep will you get banned from xbox love or what happens. Cause i get the stupidest bad reputaion when i have the occasinall time when i lag out and get bad rep for leaving ealier and now im at about 50% and 50% but im scared it could get worse,

It was my understanding that the stars were a sheer representation of how much you play online games with others. I know that mine was stuck at 3 until I started playing GoW a lot. Then, when I took a break from that (4.5 stars), it didn't go up to 5 until I started going to town on Halo 3.

The whole time that was happening, I never got any sort of feedback (well, on GoW that is anyway). Once I started on Halo, though, I got the usual stupid feedback from people that didn't like you beating them 50-21. I actually got a "Quit Early" feedback from that one...

I think that the only thing that MS actually pays attention to is when someone actually files a complaint. I know that I had a couple people with very disturbing names, and others who were blatantly using external hardware... I ALWAYS file complaints on people like this.