PDA

View Full Version : Game List Organisation

Ingles
12-19-2007, 08:18 PM
First of all, I tried looking and looking and looking for a thread that was open to ideas, both new and old, that could be used to help make the website better. I didn't find such a thread and so I thought I'd start one. If there is one, I'm terribly sorry but as I mentioned, I was unable to find it.

One idea that I'd like to suggest regards the organization of the retail games section of the website (could also apply to other game sections of website). I'm sure that this has been brought up at one time, but I'd just like to mention it in case it was an idea that may have been stored away and forgotten about. I would suggest organizing the retail games into alphabetical categories, so that if you wanted to view all games whose title started with a "B" then, you could click on 'B' and be taken to the list of all games whose title starts with a 'B'.

An example would be:
---------------------

|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|...

Battlefield 2: MC
Battlestations: Midway
etc...

I know this is possible and with the ever growing library of Xbox 360 titles that are being released, this has become a necessary improvement update for the site. Not only would if keep a person from scrolling down through the website forever, but also it'd make that/those section(s) of the site look more professional and better organized. If anyone has any other ideas for updating and improving the website, please feel free to post your ideas regarding such content.

Again if there is a thread already for website ideas, etc... I do apologize, but would recommend that something like that be stickied in the future if it isn't already so that it's easier to find in the forums. Thanks.

Zef
12-19-2007, 11:08 PM
It has indeed come up before, I don't remember what happened to the idea because it is quite a good one. With the growing library of games, splitting the lists up will make browsing much easier even if it is just one of those features that instantly scrolls down for you instead of loading a new page for each letter/numbers.

Cyrex
12-19-2007, 11:25 PM
our new games are in order from A-Z so are you suggesting what Zef said because if it is not then we already have it?

Ingles
12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
our new games are in order from A-Z so are you suggesting what Zef said because if it is not then we already have it?

Actually it could be set up either way. I realize that they are already in alphabetical order. It could be set up to where it automatically scrolls down so you wouldn't have to make seperate pages for each letter, or it could be set up to have separate pages for each letter. Either way would work really good. I just think that with the growing library of Xbox 360 games/titles, that this is a much needed update for the website as a whole to make finding games that it's users are looking up information regarding easier for them.

I think that making it to where they would automatically scroll would be easier but then again, I think that if you make the separate pages it would be more professional looking. Either way it would look real good and more importantly work affectively. We could always do a survey and see what people think and get their input regarding why they chose the way they did.

Zef
12-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Well one previous idea was to have the list as it is but each letter block of games is seperated by a header of some sort, so there is still one list only there is a gap between a-b etc. with a little image to show you are going into a new letter. Then you could auto scroll to each of the headers using a set of buttons at the top of the page or back to the top using a 'top' button on each header.

Ingles
12-22-2007, 02:40 AM
Well one previous idea was to have the list as it is but each letter block of games is seperated by a header of some sort, so there is still one list only there is a gap between a-b etc. with a little image to show you are going into a new letter. Then you could auto scroll to each of the headers using a set of buttons at the top of the page or back to the top using a 'top' button on each header.

That would definitely work as well. Of course it'll depend on whose doing the code for the website as to what finally happens. It'll be easier to navigate and much more efficient when that does get implemented.