Can't Read Discs?

ToyzNTheHood

Does it happen on all games? If its does your fucked my friend, well your fucked anyway. Your motherboard is screwed happen to me about a month or to ago, Id ring microsoft tomorrow and get it sent out before christmas if i was you. I had to wait a month for mine, starts with a few games only and ends up doing all games.

I thought it was the disc tray and disc reader but it was the motherboard appartently.

See you in a month dude laters.

CONGRATULATIONS !!! Your disk drive is broken. Same happened to me back in June. Everytime i put a disk in it said unreadable, just like yours. The laser that read my disks crashed. But i don't know about you, it shouldn't just suddenly die.

You'll have to send it off if its still under warrenty, but some people are just saying buy a new one. Its up to you

You bought a new box ? Why not just wait for m$ to fix your other box :S

I called them and got some dozy twit who doesnt know his ass from his mouth. Their no help, Sod M$. I refuse to send my stuff to morons... Even though i bought 2 of their consoles. I even managed to get live setup again :woop:.

Anyways, I didnt 'buy' it... I used credit notes/store credit from a while back when i traded in like over 100 ps2 games. Go me.

This crap's happened to me 3 times now. My last box was manufactured Aug. 26th 2007, and the disc drive died around the end of September. I just said screw it and sold my 360 to gamestop for $150. Not even gonna bother buying a new box until MS fixes their shit.

The PS3's looking better every day.

I called them and got some dozy twit who doesnt know his ass from his mouth. Their no help, Sod M$. I refuse to send my stuff to morons... Even though i bought 2 of their consoles. I even managed to get live setup again :woop:.

Anyways, I didnt 'buy' it... I used credit notes/store credit from a while back when i traded in like over 100 ps2 games. Go me.

Would have traded in the other box and got the elite.

Don't Bother just buy the arcade set...

Next time mine breaks I am doing that. I feel I cost the season to my GSL team because of my RRoD, plus I am missing out on all of the great games I have got and am getting for the holidays: Skate, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, Scene It, Rock Band (probably) and NFS: Prostreet. All of those games I haven't gotten a chance to play yet.

Anyway similar situation for my friend. He had an elite FOR LESS THAN A WEEK, and his disc drive didn't read anything!

The PS3's looking better every day.

NO!!!! DONT GO TOWARD THE LIGHT BLUNTMAN!!

Anyway PS3 has like 2 good PS3 exclusive games; Heavenly sword (which gets repetitive) and resistance which is nothing compared to Gears, Halo and Call of Duty. The new falcon chipset doesn't overheat, and it is found in the new arcade console. Xbox 360 has way better games and live to waste, don't buy a PS3, please!