PDA

View Full Version : Advice for new player?

KingGotenW
12-22-2007, 01:37 AM
I plan on renting this game in about 2-3 days. i was just wondering if there was any tips like what i should/shouldnt do. things to avoid that might screw me over? battle tips?

stuff like that.

Michigan boy
12-22-2007, 11:18 PM
well Always make sure you have a good stock of Cookies. I suggest Using Polka or Viola, or both as healers in your party. Oh and IMO Don't use Beat unless you have to, he sucks.

Ceryino63
12-23-2007, 12:05 AM
My personal favorite combo... Jazz, Viola, and March.. thats some pain in a group right there :-)

Another tip, search, everywhere and everything to find score pieces and items.

Zef
12-23-2007, 12:23 AM
I'd say if you want the full 1000 forget renting it and buy it instead. It is a strange game in that most of the gamerscore is from playing through the second time, so unless you just want to enjoy the story it will be a big time investment.

Game wise you will want to find a party you find easy to use, halfway through the game you will have most if not all of the characters at your disposal so you can just pick and mix or stick with three and boost their levels a lot. Take the time to level up during the chapters instead of rushing and getting stuck later on, keeping a fairly high level makes the bosses pretty easy.

And make sure to use the guide first time around so you have an easier time on the encore =)

drno
12-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Do the extra secret dungeon on your first play-through. Going through during hard mode is hell. Ignore collecting the EZI pieces during your 1st playthrough. Level your characters if you're having trouble on a boss fight.

KingGotenW
12-24-2007, 12:10 AM
I'd say if you want the full 1000 forget renting it and buy it instead. It is a strange game in that most of the gamerscore is from playing through the second time, so unless you just want to enjoy the story it will be a big time investment.

Game wise you will want to find a party you find easy to use, halfway through the game you will have most if not all of the characters at your disposal so you can just pick and mix or stick with three and boost their levels a lot. Take the time to level up during the chapters instead of rushing and getting stuck later on, keeping a fairly high level makes the bosses pretty easy.

And make sure to use the guide first time around so you have an easier time on the encore =)

why would i pick people that are hard to use?my friend told me something about the controls getting harder as the game progresses, is that true?

also ZEF why is your name blue?

Michigan boy
12-24-2007, 12:48 AM
The controls don't get Harder. Later you can do counterattacks and if you get Party Level 6 then the buttons will switch if you use Harmony Chains. Oh and the action Gauge goes down faster at Higher party levels also.

Zef
12-24-2007, 12:20 PM
why would i pick people that are hard to use?my friend told me something about the controls getting harder as the game progresses, is that true?

also ZEF why is your name blue?

I didn't say to use hard characters...weirdo =P

And my name is blue because some silly people have been messing around with staffliness, hence why I have a crappy new award that I want to get rid of. I'd put it on eBay but the winning bid would be lower than the listing charges.

mchannon37
01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
I like using Viola, Jaxx and Retto...but as far as advice for a new player, I would say to make sure that you have items in your "ready thing" or whatever that crap is called, that way you don't accidentally have a huge inventory and forget to let yourself use them in battle. Also, early in the game, take a ton of pictures, they are worth a goodly amount of gold so you can stock up on items. After a little bit though Beat is fricking useless, so drop him like a bad habit.