PDA

View Full Version : Forget what you know about the past.

link31793
12-22-2007, 02:47 AM
I was thinking today, but this thought was awesome, this thought was mind-numbing, this thought was more mind blowing than a stick of dynomite in your mouth. What would you do if the power to change history was in your hands? What would happen if some amazing producer made a stunningly beautiful game in which you took control of a character, and you could help whoever, the seemingly bad guys, the good guys, or yourself, and change the course of the textbooks forever. What would you do if you could change the course of the Trojan War, World War 2, World War 1, the take over of American by the whites, the Alamo, stop Alexander the Great, or keep his ideals and conquer the world? How would you change it? What choices would you make? Would you create your own army and kingdom and intervene, helping one side, or fighting against both and conquering them, but with much hardship, for this game would be conscious of what you do, enemies would band together. Say you chose the Greco-Persian Wars, the armies might band together and fight YOU instead of each other. Your choices could follow history, or choose the course of a new age.

Thoughts?
BTW, is there a game like this already?
Or being made?
What eras would you have in it?

Any addition would be nice.

run ita charlie
12-22-2007, 03:28 AM
if a game like that was ever created........ I think i would fall in love with it because of all the things i could do, such as:

world war 2 - screw the axis and screw the allies, i'll create my own alliance and own them both and conquer the world MUHAHAHAHA

gulf war - i'll defeat both the U.N forces and Iraq's forces and then take the Kuwait oil fields for myself :D

ah, the things i would do....

Sanction
12-22-2007, 03:50 AM
That's like an uber-RPG...changing everything, almost like the butterfly effect.

I like this idea, you should pitch it to a developer, or MS [if it hasn't been brought up before :p]

run ita charlie
12-22-2007, 03:55 AM
That's like an uber-RPG...changing everything, almost like the butterfly effect.

I like this idea, you should pitch it to a developer, or MS [if it hasn't been brought up before :p]

lol, imagine ALL of the time and effort that would go into making this uber rpg? i think we would all love that, but the time and effort that it will take to make this game would be too tremendous :(

Tatanko
12-22-2007, 04:14 AM
That sounds like an awesome game idea. Probably insanely hard and time consuming to make, though.

Bodangles
12-22-2007, 04:35 AM
sounds to me like a real-life fable. the only problem(s) would be the length and span of the game. i love the idea but i don't think it is a reality yet. although it would be fun to see evolution in a couple hours :)

Darth Odan
12-22-2007, 04:50 AM
I was thinking today, but this thought was awesome, this thought was mind-numbing, this thought was more mind blowing than a stick of dynomite in your mouth. What would you do if the power to change history was in your hands? What would happen if some amazing producer made a stunningly beautiful game in which you took control of a character, and you could help whoever, the seemingly bad guys, the good guys, or yourself, and change the course of the textbooks forever. What would you do if you could change the course of the Trojan War, World War 2, World War 1, the take over of American by the whites, the Alamo, stop Alexander the Great, or keep his ideals and conquer the world? How would you change it? What choices would you make? Would you create your own army and kingdom and intervene, helping one side, or fighting against both and conquering them, but with much hardship, for this game would be conscious of what you do, enemies would band together. Say you chose the Greco-Persian Wars, the armies might band together and fight YOU instead of each other. Your choices could follow history, or choose the course of a new age.

Thoughts?
BTW, is there a game like this already?
Or being made?
What eras would you have in it?

Any addition would be nice.

That idea would lead to a paradox which I forgot its name. Basically two things will happen:

A. You change the past and then you disappear, learning that maybe, just maybe killing Hitler screwed things up so bad that there were no jet fighters and the time traveling machine you have is destroyed or never created. Or better yet: The end result is you killed your great great ancestor before he/she mated, which means you're dead :D

B. The second one appears in Red vs Blue. Church travels in time, trying to fix things. And then he finds an army of clones of himself trying to do the same thing over and over. He then learns that everything that has happened, was because someone in the future transported back into the past and screwed up. I think it was in the third season, near the end.

link31793
12-22-2007, 04:50 AM
It wouldnt have to be one game. It could be broken down into a series, or have expansion packs like Oblivion did.

AlphaDog Deluxe
12-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Crackdown 2 Should Be This Game

run ita charlie
12-22-2007, 06:18 AM
That idea would lead to a paradox which I forgot its name. Basically two things will happen:

A. You change the past and then you disappear, learning that maybe, just maybe killing Hitler screwed things up so bad that there were no jet fighters and the time traveling machine you have is destroyed or never created. Or better yet: The end result is you killed your great great ancestor before he/she mated, which means you're dead :D

B. The second one appears in Red vs Blue. Church travels in time, trying to fix things. And then he finds an army of clones of himself trying to do the same thing over and over. He then learns that everything that has happened, was because someone in the future transported back into the past and screwed up. I think it was in the third season, near the end.

A would be called the "grandfather paradox"
B would be called the "morphail effect" i think? i don't remember exactly cause i read all this in a book too long ago :$

n1n3t33nd3lta
12-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Sort of like the Terminator Trilogy? I've given this a lot of thought as well. Most of it was foolish and I thought it up when I was younger, and it seems so stupid now, though. What if Kennedy hadn't been assassinated? What if you could stop that. Shit like that would be cool.

link31793
12-22-2007, 01:00 PM

It doesnt have to be time travel, it could kinda be like Assassins Creed, for those that know what Im talking about. Or your character could just actually be from that era, and each era would have a character associated that you made.

JoeCool7835
12-22-2007, 03:35 PM
This idea was already used for one of the greatest RPGs of all time, Chrono Trigger. It released for the Super Nintendo, but it's also part of Final Fantasy Chronicles on the PS1. Check it out!

LethalRope
12-22-2007, 03:45 PM
It would be to big to make into a game but it sounds amazing :)

DFILL450
12-22-2007, 03:49 PM
This would have to be like an Xbox 720 game. Imagine all the time and effort it would take to make this game. I doubt it would ever happen but it would be amazing if it did.

AlexUplinked
12-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Well seeing as it would take 150 years to make a "average" game by yourself...I would say If you were to attempt this if some company like M$ wouldn't take you....about 500-ish :P

[Alex]

The Langsta
12-22-2007, 05:18 PM
I think my brain imploded when I read that...:omg

Darth Heyburt
12-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Fable FTW! - Good or Evil...

Nowhere near on this scale though....

I've been thinking alot recently how good it would be to implement that sort of system into a GTA style game...You make the gang, you obtain the allies, you do what you want when you want to and complete a series of vague goals outlayed via the achievements.

I.e.

"Do you wanna be in my gang...my gang.." -Start a Gang...10g"

"Warriors...come out and playyyyyy" -Your gang is 25 strong...25g"

etc.

There would be a very vague story to complete also...like a total take over of an area or a certain amount of money to amass or a status to reach.

....and then imagine turning that into a MMOGTA.

she haunts me
12-23-2007, 12:39 AM
I don't think creating a game like this would be possible. Well it would be possible, but it would just be too big. Exactly what era's would it cover? It's a great idea, just probably won't happen. That would be cool to assassinate some presidents and the like though!

J eVeRy DaY 514
12-23-2007, 08:43 AM
great idea, but a game like that would have to be so well thought up, so well developed, and be appreciated as well. you cannot make a game that exemplifies complete free choice, therefore, there would only be only a couple "paths" you could take in the game. but it still could be a great game, don't get me wrong.

Siege Is Like
12-23-2007, 09:33 AM
good premise, but would take tons of work and then it would probably have to be constricted, because if you leave some things like that open...you could in theory contradict everything, like break up the USSR - but then nuke in the cold war....how does that work?

oO Hippie Oo
02-29-2008, 02:45 AM
There would be no war, no violence, and no crime... except on video games... and xbox 360's would work!!!!