PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Achievements

DarkDementia
12-22-2007, 09:09 PM
I dont know about anyone else but im sick and tired of achievements that require you to Collect Items. For example, Crackdown, Assasins Creed, Transformers, Bioshock, CoD4 (To a lesser extent). These achievments require little skill, only patience and a guide from the internet. In my opinion they are a cop out, easy achievements for the developer to think of, where more imaginative and definately more fun achievements, could have been used. Does anyone feel the same about this new trend?

Sanction
12-22-2007, 10:00 PM
You're the first person to bring this up...today.

Armstrong x360a
12-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, personally I have to disagree. First of all, collecting achievements are anything but a new trend, seeing as they first showed up very prevalently in Condemned, a release title. Secondly, I think that they have a place too, they force you to discover the game world more fully rather than just running through it without ever looking around. Just my two cents.

gravest_jimmy
12-22-2007, 10:03 PM
get a guide and sum decent music, and just GET ON WITH IT IF YOU'RE SO BOTHERED BY IT no offense but people moan to much about it being to arduous, if u want the achievements just do it and don't moan to other people

sorry about the rant, just seen this topic too many times b4

Pez
12-22-2007, 10:03 PM
It's just the developers lazy method of squaring it upto 1000, be prepared for it for as long as gamerscore exists. :p

~SS

Darth Heyburt
12-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Well... this is looking like a Lock!

Remember kids the search function be there for a reason.

Lol.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49255&highlight=Collecting+Achievements

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48960&highlight=Collecting+Achievements

Two threads here mentioning it...

Both still active.

antnie
12-23-2007, 12:24 AM
The thing that i hate is finding all of the gaps in tony hawk games.

Vista
12-23-2007, 12:35 AM
You're the first person to bring this up...today.

Haha, yea, I think EVERYBODY hates these achievements! They are no fun, yet you find yourself looking for them for the stupid achievement.

she haunts me
12-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Just don't get those particular achievements and stop whining.

razzleson
12-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Hell the hell are these achievements about developers being lazy?

Placing 100+ items in each level, in specific places is a LOT more work than just having an achievement unlock after 100 combos or something.

These types of achievements are way more work for developers than you guys are making it out to be.

BUT, as there are already a bajillion topics on the same subject, I'm going to give this the ol' lockdown.