PDA

View Full Version : Separate Section?

Darth Heyburt
12-23-2007, 01:19 AM
How about a separate section for people who want to change their names... much like the top 5's I feel the threads become spam fests and an excuse for people to boost their post count.

Because as well as that I don't feel that they belong in the Games or General Xbox 360 areas?

:)

CovertDog
12-23-2007, 01:23 AM
Personally I think they should just be deleted. It seems like lately it's the in thing and it's starting to get old.

Darth Heyburt
12-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Personally I think they should just be deleted. It seems like lately it's the in thing and it's starting to get old.

Fair enough...seems like a more hassle free option...

Nick G 42390
12-23-2007, 01:25 AM

Agreed. It's also stupid to ask other people if they like your gamer tag. It's you tag, pick what you want. Don't worry about others opinions.

Sanction
12-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Actually it's quite a pain in the ass from an admins standpoint. They have to manually go to your usercp and change your name...for one person it's not a big deal, but when a lot of people start asking...it gets annoying.

Besides, it's a pain to log into the forums each day and see a new topic about someone who wants to change their name.

I changed my GT and I didn't ask. ;)

Krazie
12-23-2007, 01:45 AM
I dont mind people asking for others' opinions, but when 30 people all decide to change their tag and we have 30 different threads, it gets redundant.

I'd say maybe have a particular thread where people could ask for advice on what to change it to, but I'm pretty sure 90% of people would ignore it anyway, lol..

narcolepticshee
01-01-2008, 08:40 PM
i know this thread is 2 weeks old but i had an idea and thought i'd add to this thread rather than start a new thread. I think that you should charge people to change their name - only like $1 or something and see how many would do change it then ;) (also if people really are that desperate to change then it'll bring site income :))

Peace

Bax x360a
01-01-2008, 11:20 PM
i know this thread is 2 weeks old but i had an idea and thought i'd add to this thread rather than start a new thread. I think that you should charge people to change their name - only like $1 or something and see how many would do change it then ;) (also if people really are that desperate to change then it'll bring site income :))

Peace
Pretty good idea actually, nice little way to bring some more money into the site.

Minty
01-02-2008, 02:17 PM
We do name changes for subscribers if they want it- if someone has a donation award then there is more of a chance, but to be honest, in man hours, $1 doesnt nearly cover it :p