PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Kazooie Franchise possible on XBLA?

infradude
12-24-2007, 10:48 PM
With so many gamers crying out for the Banjo franchise on the Nintendo Wii Virtual Console, some gamers are now starting to cry out for the Banjo franchise on the Xbox Live Arcade. In the last edition of the Rare Scribes (where gamers send in questions to Rare and they provide answers), one question asks Rare of the possibility of Banjo on the Xbox Live Arcade

Story (http://www.xboxcircle.com/xbox360/2007/12/24/rare-banjo-franchise-possible-on-xbox-live-arcade/)

Although they do sign kind of negitive with the response this could be a future project for XBLA.

Vista
12-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Why? They are making Banjo Threeie for the 360 as a retail, why would they do it for XBLA?

blackmagic16
12-25-2007, 02:03 AM
Well, they could put them out on the XBLA and then for 3 they come out with a collecters addition that comes with codes for the ones on XBLA

mcnichoj
12-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Why? They are making Banjo Threeie for the 360 as a retail, why would they do it for XBLA? No, re-release one and two on the XBLA so they can play those on the 360 and maybe possibly get achievements. Rare has full ownership of Banjo and so they could re-release them on XBox if they wanted to.

R Rated Love
12-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Would be some pretty legnthy arcade games... I remember beating both on my N64, took a good deal of time.

Krazie
12-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Wonder how big of a download that would be. Either way, I would DEFINITELY play some old school Banjo, no questions asked. One of my favorite games as a kid..

KingBroly
12-27-2007, 02:58 PM
They would be fewer than 32mb if straight ports, but since it'd support achievements and probably smoother graphics (at least a bit), maybe 40-50mb each.

However, I thought Nintendo had the rights to these games. Or at least that's what I remember Rare saying. I might be wrong though.

infradude
12-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Nope. Microsoft bought rare if you havent heard. And they are already creating a Banjo Threeie for the Xbox 360. Nintendo has rights to games like Donkey Kong 64 but not Banjo Kazooie.

Who128
12-28-2007, 02:40 AM
Banjo-Kazooie series = One of the greatest platform game ever. I can't wait until Banjo Threeie or whatever they are calling it.

ZiM1021
12-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Wonder how big of a download that would be. Either way, I would DEFINITELY play some old school Banjo, no questions asked. One of my favorite games as a kid..

Same.

I loved those games. If they came out on XBLA, It'd be a must buy for me.

Bax x360a
12-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Not a chance in hell of the Banjo games coming out on XBLA. The games are firstly way too big, and the graphics surpass anything seen on the arcade. I would love nothing more to see it though. Bring on Banjo Threeie :woop:

StingX2
12-28-2007, 12:36 PM
how are n64 titles too big if xbox originals aren't...thats some terrible logic utdalan

antilucid
12-28-2007, 01:56 PM
All right, the size of the cartridges the original two games came on were 128 megabit and 256 megabit. Now, some of you might not be aware of the difference between a megabit and a megabyte. 8 megabits = 1 megabyte. So there for, the first game's max size was 16 megabytes and the second games max possible size was 32 megabytes. XBLA allows games to be up to 50 megabytes. This should end the argument about the game's size.

Cartridge size info was courtesy of Wikipedia.

StingX2
12-28-2007, 04:33 PM
thank you antilucid :)

thieflordgamer
12-28-2007, 06:39 PM
These were hands down my favorite games on the N64. I can't wait for the third installment and I hope they don't stray from the style that has worked so well.

Anyway, I would gladly collect every Jiggie and Cheato Page and Jinjo once more for achievement points. I wish I could replay these games all the time, but my N64 sadly broke recently.

gatorbait
12-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure if it would work as a XBLA game but I think it would be cool if they re-released these games maybe as a package either with or without updated visuals. And then have the traditional 1000 points and I think they'd have a lot of happy customers. I would love to replay these games on 360 and with the 360 controller, going back and playing the N64 controller just doesn't feel right some times. Whether they are ever released on XBLA or as a retail package or bonuses with the third one I would be sure to pick it up.

botafogo007
12-30-2007, 04:36 AM
I can think of a ton of games published by Rare I'd like to see (Battletoads, anyone?). I'd also really like to see bigger games come with 500 achievement points or so and more than 12 achievements. Both Castlevania: SOTN and Puzzle Quest could have benefitted from more achievements IMO.

Clipse 2
12-30-2007, 04:50 AM
I can think of a ton of games published by Rare I'd like to see (Battletoads, anyone?). I'd also really like to see bigger games come with 500 achievement points or so and more than 12 achievements. Both Castlevania: SOTN and Puzzle Quest could have benefitted from more achievements IMO.
Well you're partly right, the games are Rare's but they were only developed by Rare, not published by them. This is where it gets sticky as far as Banjo-Kazooie goes, it was developed by Rare but published by Nintendo. Now Rare owns the rights to the franchise so you could see Banjo-Threeie sometime this year developed by Rare and published by Microsoft Game Studios. Since Nintendo owns the publishing rights to the original, MS would either need to purchase those rights or make an agreement with Nintendo to give them a cut. It's a possibility but somewhat of a long shot.

PS. Battletoads was published by Tradewest so it might be more possible than Banjo-Kazooie.

SegaSaturnSNK
12-30-2007, 05:08 AM
Don't see this coming on XBLA. Maybe they'll add it to Banjo Theeiee or whatever the hell but for XBLA? Highly doubt it.

nosher
03-26-2008, 05:02 PM
banjo kazooie 3 is coming out as a retail