PDA

View Full Version : GH and Rock Band

Khaos
12-28-2007, 03:45 AM
I don't have either one, but I plan on getting both eventually. I want to get Rock Band first, that way I can buy the bundle, then save a little money by only having to buy the guitar hero game, as I'll already have the guitar. Whereas if I bought GH hero first, I'd still have to buy the Rock Band bundle b/c I would need the drums and Mic. This leads me to my question.

Am I correct in my assumption that I will be able to play guitar hero with the Rock Band guitar, or is the order here just wasting my time b/c I'll have to buy both bundles anyways cause they're not compatible.

Thanks in advance :)

Nick G 42390
12-28-2007, 03:48 AM
You can't use the Rock Band guitar to play Guitar Hero, but, you can use the Guitar Hero guitar to play Rock Band.

Gun-Nut
12-28-2007, 03:48 AM
Rock Band guitars can not be used with Guitar Hero unfortuantly! :( But both Guitar Hero controllers will work on Rock Band from my understanding.

fuzzy510
12-28-2007, 06:22 AM
In fact, you're going to probably want to pick up both bundles at some point. I haven't used the Stratocaster that comes with Rock Band, but I have used the Les Paul that comes with GH3, and it's a fantastic controller. The Strat, however, is apparently not as great.

Combine with that the fact that you can use the Les Paul on Rock Band, you'll probably want to have the option. If nothing else, your bassist will be able to use it if you get a four-player band going.

Khaos
12-29-2007, 01:38 AM
So is the guitar from GH2 different from that in GH3?

Nick G 42390
12-29-2007, 01:40 AM

Yes it is, but, you can still use it for Rock Band I believe.

Vista
12-29-2007, 01:43 AM

GH3 is wireless, compared to GH2 is wired. The Rock Band guitar sucks, it breaks very easily. I would buy Rock Band first, then GH III bundle. Then if you have some extra cash the GH II disc is like 20-30 bucks used. IMO GH II has a better setlist than GH III. But rock Band is a must if you like gaming with friends.

HoodMod
12-29-2007, 01:44 AM
The Strat, however, is apparently not as great.

I love the Strat! It actually looks like a real guitar, more then GH anyway.

razzleson
12-29-2007, 02:02 AM
I love the Strat! It actually looks like a real guitar, more then GH anyway.
Looks yes, it looks better hands down.

But when you pick it up it feels like it may break if you simply blow on it. It's so cheaply made, the mass-produced toys given away in kid's meals at McDonalds look of better material.

iiznoodles
12-31-2007, 08:56 AM
if your gonna get both anyway start with GH than go with rockband so you have an extra guitar to play with