PDA

View Full Version : Do you try to help people from the community?

liontamer
12-28-2007, 05:20 AM
Hey guys,

quick question....

I helped two somewhat random strangers from here tonight, and they offered help in return.

1st, we are all achievement whores....so that being said, do you help others (from the community here or friends) get achievements before or after they have helped you?

I met two strangers, who are now a little closer in the online world, and 1 also offered to send me free cars in FM2. :woop:

So lets here it!

Sanction
12-28-2007, 05:24 AM
I try to help people, and sometimes fail miserably. :p

Webb
12-28-2007, 05:31 AM
God, I help people all the time, even if it's for nothing back in return. That's why this community rocks ;)

I remember leaving my 360 on while I went out for a drink while Xtermin8tor boosted on Prey against me :biglaugh

fuzzy510
12-28-2007, 06:23 AM
I haven't boosted very many times, but the only time I did, I helped someone in GH3 boost first.

In fact, I still haven't gotten back with him to boost myself. Hmmmmm......
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES (http://accesoriesipad.com/)

xRogue 5x
12-28-2007, 06:24 AM
I am always up for helping those that need it. Especially those from the site.

KINGxSAINT
12-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Always help people especially with title defenses on SvR 2008

Kazdan
12-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes. I help people on this site. I've helped many people. Boosting achivements in Halo 3, WWE SVR 2007, giving free cars in Forza 2, helping people to get "Best Blueprint" in NFS ProStreet, and I even made an achievement guide for ProStreet.

Bax x360a
12-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Yep I try to help when possible, like many others, and thats why this website owns above all gaming sites. By the way Webb, why were you on at 5.30am :eek:

Steelhead
12-28-2007, 12:44 PM
I remember leaving my 360 on while I went out for a drink while Xtermin8tor boosted on Prey against me :biglaugh
I went to bed and left mine on one night for a member to get his Stranglehold achievements.

There is one thing that needs to become commonplace and that's sending messages saying that you're from here along with the invite or FR. If I get a random FR, I delete it. If it included x360a in the text, I'd gladly accept. I never accept invites or FR's from anyone I don't know unless I know which site they're coming from.

Mirksta
12-28-2007, 01:00 PM
I'll help people for help in return. Nothing to do with being greedy, it just doesn't make sense to help people I don't know for nothing :o

Pez
12-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I went to bed and left mine on one night for a member to get his Stranglehold achievements.

There is one thing that needs to become commonplace and that's sending messages saying that you're from here along with the invite or FR. If I get a random FR, I delete it. If it included x360a in the text, I'd gladly accept. I never accept invites or FR's from anyone I don't know unless I know which site they're coming from.

Yeah I've had about 4 random friend requests over the last week, and had to delete them due to not knowing who they were.

For all I know, they could've been a member of this site, which I would've happily accepted if they stated that, but sadly they didn't state anything... :(

Anyways, I'll help people when they ask, just how this website works. :)

~SS

Bluntman428
12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
I help people to a certain extent. I don't believe in boosting so I ignore those requests, but if someone wants legitimate help, I'm down.

Likkel
12-28-2007, 01:09 PM
I never turned down help so far, haven't gotten many chances to give help either, so that could explain it ;) I do really try to help out where I can, if I see a question on a messageboard and I know the answer then I will always reply so people can get on with their game. Online I always help if someone asks (if they're polite though), stranger or not.

Webb
12-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Yep I try to help when possible, like many others, and thats why this website owns above all gaming sites. By the way Webb, why were you on at 5.30am :eek:

The website never sleeps... So I can't... Well, not till it's convenient :p

Slarak
12-28-2007, 02:17 PM
I've usually helped out with online achievements with some arcade hits like Heavy Weapon and Aegis. Then theres the long grueling effort to help some peeps out with that 200.6% Castlevania achievement...never again. All in all if someone PM's on here or live I'm always up for helpin a fellow gamer.

xGodDogx
12-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Ive been able to help with some games such as Strangle hold as he just started he dident want to go threw it. I like the online play so i decided to help even after i had alll the multi player achievements.

Vista
12-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I am always up for some boosting or some friendly games... As I always aay If you ever need any help, EVER, PM me over the site or over XBL. IT could be for a nice game of halo or CoD, or soe boosting, or to talk about something... anything, just PM me!

Ryot Control
12-28-2007, 06:10 PM
I've noticed that I've been getting alot more firend requests ever since I joined this site. usually when they state x360a then at least I know where they're coming from. But hey it's not a bad thing, it helped me make online achievements a bit less frusturating.

knockton55
12-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, i try to help everyone. Not only here but other places, for example i post suggestions to people's problems, and help my real freinds if i have any spare 48 trial's etc..

DoM cAbAn
12-28-2007, 08:21 PM
I'll gladly help anyone from x360a who needs an Achievement here and there. The other day someone asked me to give them the "Beat a Developer" Achievement in Tony Hawk's Project 8. I got off of Assassin's Creed, popped in the Tony Hawk disc, and let them get the Achievement.

As for Friend Requests, I get a lot of them from Gamertags that I've never seen. This is because some of the members from this site have their forum names different from their Gamertag. I'll usually go through the Members List and look for the person who sent me the Friend Request.

I'll help anyone, and I don't mind if I get nothing in return; it doesn't bother me at all. If anyone needs any help, just send me a Friend Request. ;)

Jdm
12-29-2007, 12:57 AM
You guys know me...I love helping the Community.

Just like Dan said, I help whether I get something back in return or not. It's my nature.;)

prowlerdante
12-29-2007, 01:31 AM

Ha, I went to have supper while someone boosted Stranglehold achievements, and when I came back we were still on the same map.

Then again, this whole community (as said thousands of times before) is about helping fellow gamerscore whores (like myself) get achievements. Hell, this site inspired me to get a 360. Sort of.

J O 12 D
12-29-2007, 01:32 AM
Ive helped someone from the site on Def Jam Icon with boosting and made another friend from here through boosting although we never boosted I still have him added :p

razzleson
12-29-2007, 02:04 AM
I haven't in ages. Besides guides/achievement help on the site, I think the last thing I did online was either boosting in Burnourt Revenge or Viva Pinata.

I'm a horrible mod :(

Nick G 42390
12-29-2007, 02:21 AM
I've helped a few people from here get some achievements in a few games and they also helped me. Haven't in awhile because I no longer have a 360 and I stopped caring about achievements so much so it's not a big deal to me.

Jdm
12-29-2007, 02:28 AM
I haven't in ages. Besides guides/achievement help on the site, I think the last thing I did online was either boosting in Burnourt Revenge or Viva Pinata.

I'm a horrible mod :(

^^^You might be a "Horrible Mod", but I'm the "NoOb Mod" and together...we're UNSTOPPABLE!;)

Helping around the site is just as helpful as Boosting. Either way, the Achievements will Unlock.

infradude
12-29-2007, 04:27 AM
I've never helped anyone on this site. Everyone in the x360a community hates me so I try to stay away as much as possible.

liontamer
12-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I totally agree with the FR with no rhyme or reason. Since joining the site and posting, I do get at least 4 a week, some with and some without any messages.

I can't help try to stress that enough.

Some have been great, as to saying they are from here and need/can help on game X.

Keep the community strong. I love it.

Jdm
12-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I totally agree with the FR with no rhyme or reason. Since joining the site and posting, I do get at least 4 a week, some with and some without any messages.

I can't help try to stress that enough.

^^^That my friend is what we call a "Blind FR".

I have received a TON of FR over Live from the past 2 months. 90% of the FR have no Messages, so I have no clue who they are or where I've met them from.:confused: I have a 2nd account and I'll usually direct them there. My main account is almost FULL of Friends. Sorry guys.

Either way, if I have the time and that certain game, I'll help out a member of the site.;)

Clipse 2
12-29-2007, 06:31 PM
^^^That my friend is what we call a "Blind FR".

I have received a TON of FR over Live from the past 2 months. 90% of the FR have no Messages, so I have no clue who they are or where I've met them from.:confused: I have a 2nd account and I'll usually direct them there. My main account is almost FULL of Friends. Sorry guys.

Either way, if I have the time and that certain game, I'll help out a member of the site.;)

I've been getting a lot of blind FR's lately myself, usually followed by a question about a game I've completed or the quality of a game. Some just the FR and there's no communication which is discouraging and normally I end up deleting them after so long. What's more interesting is when people is when people add me to their MSN list so I'm getting an authorization request for someone to put me on their MSN list and I don't have a flipping clue as to who they are. I'm totally find with that though and encourage people to message me if they think I can help in anyway. ;)

JDM is always sending me messages on XBL seeking help and advice on games cause he's a n00b. :p

n1n3t33nd3lta
12-29-2007, 06:51 PM
I love helping anyone in anyway that I can. It's a good feeling you get, and to know they'd do the same in return. On the topic of FR's, I think I've got maybe 3 friends from this site added on xbl.

xBoricua Killax
12-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Im AM up for helping people.... I am not going to say no... even if I have the achievements they are trying to get I will still help... I don't need something in return but I dont think it is nice if they were to help me in return but im not going to get mad...

Bullet2theface
12-30-2007, 02:38 AM
As members of this site, we should always help each other. There are some "bad eggs" that lurk these forums(see sig), but this is a great site.

Xterm1n8or
12-30-2007, 01:09 PM
God, I help people all the time, even if it's for nothing back in return. That's why this community rocks ;)

Yeah i remember that! Thanks for that mate i know a lot of people wouldn't have been prepared to leave their beloved 360 on unattended for that long :)

On topic, i can remember helping absolutely loads of people in Crackdown doing road races for them, and i must have gone through all co-op at least 10 times for nothing in return with random people, but Crackdown is an enjoyable game so it was hardly a chore.

Most of the time if i help someone out they return the favour somehow, but its not a necessity.. If anyone ever wants help in a game and feels they can help me with something in return, , feel free to message me on xbox live :).

I definitely agree the helpfulness in this community means it rocks.

run ita charlie
12-31-2007, 03:02 AM
i will always try to help those in need on this site :D however, every time i attempt to help someone boost, it always backfires on me. Damn my shit internet connection.

VI JimJam
12-31-2007, 12:44 PM
I do try and help if I can, however being that I'm a bit of a noob, but nevertheless I do try :D

oO Hippie Oo
02-29-2008, 01:41 AM
I help everyone that asks that I'm able to help