PDA

View Full Version : Improving the printed achievement lists

Abstract Class
12-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Hi -

First, I just want to say thanks to those who run this site. It's a great place and I'm hoping to be a part of the community. I've started donating so that I'm contributing some of the upkeep for something that I'm using.

I like the forums and the fact that generally, most people are really friendly - I can't stand forums full of kids who are just bickering, but the X360A forums seem great :D

Anyway, one thing I would like to see improved are the printed achievement lists, which you can use to print a hard copy and tick off the achievements as you earn them. Being honest, a competitor site has a better layout and I was wondering if the X360A ones could be changed?

I understand it would be a lot of work to change existing lists, perhaps the style could be changed for future lists?

Thanks,

AC

narcolepticshee
12-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey,

This might be a good idea. I haven't personally printed one off yet (because my computer is right next to my xbox). But if enough people feel the same way then i think it should be something that needs to be sorted out to make this the best site possible

Peace

Abstract Class
12-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the effort that has gone into the achievement lists.

Also, having the ability to "tick off" achievements online and then having the printed list reflect that is a fantastic feature. I just think it would be nice/it's a shame that the printed lists are so "bare bones".

It's not important, the main thing is that the information is available - just thought it might be nice ;)

CovertDog
12-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Well I know the reason the list is "bare bones" is so someone does have to use alot of ink. What type of improves are you suggesting? You say it should be improved, but don't give any ideas. We can't change anything unless we know what people want.:)

Abstract Class
12-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Well I know the reason the list is "bare bones" is so someone does have to use alot of ink. What type of improves are you suggesting? You say it should be improved, but don't give any ideas. We can't change anything unless we know what people want.:)

Hi -

Absolutely, obviously the more elaborate the print version, the more ink that would be used. I guess for every one person who would like to see a more elaborate version, you'll get someone saying that they prefer the basic version :)

I was comparing to the ACH360POINTS versions, where the list is tabulated with the associated graphic for each achievement, textual description and box to tick when the achievement is earned.

Just a matter of preference really and probably not worth changing unless lots of people feel the same.

PerpetualHeaven
12-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi -

Absolutely, obviously the more elaborate the print version, the more ink that would be used. I guess for every one person who would like to see a more elaborate version, you'll get someone saying that they prefer the basic version :)

I was comparing to the ACH360POINTS versions, where the list is tabulated with the associated graphic for each achievement, textual description and box to tick when the achievement is earned.

Just a matter of preference really and probably not worth changing unless lots of people feel the same.

We're talking about printable achievement list right?

The only thing I saw you suggest that we don't have is the graphics for the achievement. Frankly, I don't want that. We have the check boxes, the achievement descriptions, how much the achievement is worth, and prints the check if you have it checked already.

I don't think I would need the picture for it. Less space taken up and especially easy to look through if there a ton of achievements. Imagine printing off Orange Box with all the graphics. I wouldn't like it and that's the only thing I can see you want that we don't have on our printable achievement lists.

You've printed off our printable achievement list before right?

I King Pin 0
12-29-2007, 04:27 AM
If you really do want the graphics of the achievements all you have to do is select all the achievements (by holding and dragging the left clicker), right click, then go to print or print preview. That is how I print off all my lists and you can put check marks in the margin to keep track of what you have completed. That way there really is no need to change the layout, simply select what you want to print.

Abstract Class
12-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Good suggestion King Pin, sounds like an alternative without adding work for others :)

I'll probably end up coming round to the "save ink and paper" mentality, I guess the X360A printable lists just look different and are not what I am used to ;)

PH - I've not actually printed them, just followed the "print link" and seen what it would like in preview.

PerpetualHeaven
12-29-2007, 02:42 PM
I see I see. Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with them per say. It's all fairly adequate. I just checked out the other sites, and they only opted for a larger check mark box and graphics. I can't say there's much of a difference other then layout, which then comes down to visual preference.

SuperSouter
12-29-2007, 02:47 PM
I have had problems printing off achievement guides and lists from this site too, what usually happens to me is that it misses pages out and just sends blank ones. No idea why it does it but it does :P
Perhaps releasing simple text versions like a .txt version.