PDA

View Full Version : Better online play?

puckup
12-28-2007, 01:20 PM
so COD4 and Halo both have there ups and downs but which do think has the better online play

Pez
12-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I feel COD4. I can't really pin-point it down as to why, but I just find COD4 more enjoyable. :)

~SS

Slarak
12-28-2007, 02:19 PM
I say CoD4 its quicker and I like the interface a whole lot better. Halo's "unique" methods of finding games just seems to take longer.

AlexUplinked
12-28-2007, 02:42 PM
COD. Its a lot better then Halo just because - Halo is just Halo again...There is no real change to it. While as Cod is a lot more fast past etc.

[Alex]

benbam87
12-28-2007, 02:43 PM
COD4 has it won I think. Look at the fact that there is no online achievements for it yet it has so many people playing 'for the fun of it'

Steelhead
12-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Halo for me. I loved the COD campaign but not so much the MP.

COD4 has it won I think. Look at the fact that there is no online achievements for it yet it has so many people playing 'for the fun of it'
There are no achievements in Halo mp except for the Lone Wolves playlist, so everybody playing every other playlist is obviously "playing just for fun". According to Major Nelsons XBL activity reports, Halo has topped COD every week so far and will most likely continue to do so.

Slarak
12-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Halo for me. I loved the COD campaign but not so much the MP.

There are no achievements in Halo mp except for the Lone Wolves playlist, so everybody playing every other playlist is obviously "playing just for fun". According to Major Nelsons XBL activity reports, Halo has topped COD every week so far and will most likely continue to do so.

See I've been playing FPS for YEARS and thats why I can never figure out how Halo is such a success. Its really not any different from a run of the mills FPS. Atleast with CoD you can actually score a high kill streak with Halo it just seems its a constant right when you kill someone another player just melee's you in the back of the head. Bah I better hush up before I turn this into a Halo smash fest.

Vista
12-28-2007, 04:23 PM
It really depends. If you like casual gaming and playing with friends and fooling around Halo is the way to go.

If you like some hardcore gaming, and nail biting action, along with unlockables and a wide selection for customization Call of Duty is for you. One thing Halo has that Call of Duty doesn't have is Forge (Map editor) and the ability to play built maps, and trust me these maps are amazing.

Overall- Call of Duty 4

xRogue 5x
12-28-2007, 04:25 PM
I think for me Cod4 is the way to go. It tops halo in my opinion because there are way less annoying little kids and dildoes in Cod.

Slarak
12-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I think for me Cod4 is the way to go. It tops halo in my opinion because there are way less annoying little kids and dildoes in Cod.

Couldn't agree more with you. I can't even count how many times I've been cussed out by some little 12 yr old on Halo. It will always sound wierd to me to have somthing that sounds like Alvin & the Chipmunks talking smack on Live. CoD4 FTW:uzi:

Bax x360a
12-28-2007, 04:44 PM
COD4 without a doubt, the play is much more intense, better graphics, and the challenges and perks give you achievements to earn within the game.

sam49
12-28-2007, 04:50 PM
For me it is Halo 3. For some reason I just like it.

Mr G85X
12-30-2007, 01:24 AM
COD4 i reckon

Halo online suffers Unreal Syndrom, its all Jump-shooting and taking more than enough shots to kill

Honkymagoo
12-30-2007, 01:28 AM
COD4 is far superior. FACT.

Bullet2theface
12-30-2007, 02:43 AM
CoD4 is for the more complex minds, with many different options to create your own guy(Perks, Weapon upgrades) CoD4 brings a whole new gameplay to the table. While Halo 3 is not as sophisticated(don't know if I spelled that right), still a very fun hit-n-run kind of game. :p

Mirksta
12-30-2007, 01:20 PM
CoD4 as you might guess if you see other posts by me, I usually reference it to everything.
Halo is good, but is just too annoying. Like someone said, you can empty a clip on someone, then bring out a rocket launcher and fire away, and the person survives on a blinking red health bar. Then you get killed by someone hitting you with a pistol.

However, Shadowrun was the best online play, but its practically dead. RIP Shadowrun :(

SuperSouter
12-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Definately COD4, since I have started playing it I just can't seem to stop. The levelling system is amazing and really makes you want to try harder and try things you wouldn't normally do. Its fun and although there are no achievements for anything online for it, it is still so much fun.
Halo 3 had me bored within a week or so.

Xterm1n8or
12-30-2007, 01:27 PM
For me COD 4 MP is just a litlle bit too intense, i think they went a bit too far. The maps are pretty cramped there is not too much variation. Whereas Halo is totally the opposite. A lot of maps are far larger so it is less intense, which is more enjoyable for me personally.

Halo only just shades it for me though.

VI JimJam
12-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Call of Duty is much better, this due to the fact you actually get rewards for increasing your levels, unlock much stuff, rather than on Halo 3 you are just able to show off a higher level, and fight harder players.
Call of Duty is much more involving whereas Halo 3 is good for gamers who want a challenge.

All-in-all. I'd say.....

Call of Duty 4 - RPG fans (unlocking stuff the higher your level)
Halo 3 - FPS fans (Just shoot the crap out of people)