PDA

View Full Version : Pre-owned

sam49
12-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Do you buy pre-owned games? I dont but I am thinking of buying pre-owned because of easy achievements points for low, low prices. (Fifa 06: Road to world cup from GAME for 5).

Slarak
12-28-2007, 05:04 PM
1st of all yes buy pre-owned is usually always a better idea because you can save a good bit of change

2nd of all dont BUY games simply for the reason to score achievements titles like TMNT, King Kong, and Avatar have only a good 6-8 hrs of gameplay and just about no replayability.

This is why the almight Jebus created Hollywood Video's and rental sites like gamefly. But hey if you've got money to burn go for it.

Otisbum
12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Yep, every now and then, my most recent was Fable.

I don't really buy games all that often, I usually just get newer games when they come out, or play what I have.

xGodDogx
12-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I only buy used games by accident. I go to EB Games adn you must know they have 2 sections for the 360 but ones for new others used but of course they take off the wrapper so you never know which is used and which is new. So then you buy a game hopping its new and there its used. Then you complain why the game has a little scratch on it and they said it was used then your like WTF. They say it was color coded. NOW WHAT?

This is the only way i buy a used game..

fuzzy510
12-28-2007, 06:33 PM
I've always had great success with pre-owned games, but like Slarek said, I wouldn't do it just for the points. It's more worth your while to pick up games you actually want to own.
________
New Jersey Medical Marijuana Dispensary (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

Sanction
12-28-2007, 06:34 PM
I always buy new games.

The only time I'll buy used is on eBay and the games are in like new / mint condition.

StingX2
12-28-2007, 06:49 PM
I usually buy used. Though with no hollywood video and my parents having the only credit/debit cards (never bothered to get one as i'm not steadily employed due to college) Gamefly is out, and screw blockbuster :/. *sees self sadly in the future buying tmnt, avatar, etc ;-;*

oneandonlytommo
12-28-2007, 06:53 PM
i only tend to buy new games. i only get pre- owned ones like the sports ones and easy movie games when they are cheap. the problem i find with pre owned games you go to trade them in and the places dont take them because they are scratched , marked etc.

RTyPE9
12-28-2007, 07:32 PM
I do buy pre-owned games....

In fact, EB Games and GameStop are currently having a Buy 2 Used, Get 1 Free deal going on right now....

Here's the deal breaker though, that the store employees won't tell you. You have 7 days to do whatever you want with them....beat it just to beat, score easy achievement points...then after the seven days are up you can return them for either your money back or full purchase credit towards something else....

so you might wanna keep that in mind

Mr G85X
12-28-2007, 07:42 PM
i used to be horribly against buying preowned games, but now unless i buy the game new on release i'll buy it preowned if its been out a while... but i'll still dig about for the one in the best condition

as long as they work its not that bad eh

Slarak
12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I still gotta say buying used off of gamefly is still the cheapest. I picked up Crackdown for $10 and Blue Dragon for $30. They were in pretty good shape also.

Nick G 42390
12-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I always buy new unless it's an old game that's cheap. Never buy a game that was just released used from GameStop. They only drop the price $5 and it's not worth. They are the biggest rip offs of all time.

cruel jules
12-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Granted, I don't own that many games, but I got them all pre-owned off ebay. Except for my limited edition Mass Effect and CoD4, which I got on special offer.

Being in the UK and without a permanent job means I really can't afford games full price. Unless I really really want them (Mass Effect)!

Cavaliers07
12-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I buy preowned as you can get more games for your money and most the the time the preowned ones are just as good as buying it new

sam49
12-28-2007, 11:12 PM
One of the reason that I dont buy pre-owned is because they might mess up your 360. Can anyone tell me if that can even happen?

Kwyjibo3637
12-28-2007, 11:56 PM
the majority of my 360 collection is used..I buy the bigger titles new..unless I get behind and they are out for a while and drop in price alot..

I King Pin 0
12-29-2007, 12:15 AM
I was a sucker and bought all of the 2k7 and 07 sports games off of Gamefly when they reached $10. There was nothing wrong with any of them and they all came in the original case and instruction manual. Buying used is a good way to go if you are really interested in giving your gamerscore a boost.

Jdm
12-29-2007, 12:54 AM
New or Used...it doesn't matter as long as it's COMPLETE with the Casing, Artwork, and Manual.

eBay, Amazon.com, and FYE are main places for Used Games in particular.

she haunts me
12-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Being a member of Gamefly, I sometimes keep games I have out. I get a 10% discount so it gets pretty cheap. I don't buy many games, but when I do it's through Gamefly or I go to EB if they got good deals going on.

PerpetualHeaven
12-29-2007, 01:03 AM
Yeah I get pre-owned games. I just gave away my copy of Gears to my sisters boyfriend for Limited Edition Halo 3, then I went to buy a used copy of Gears LE. There was some sticky residue from the tape before and the top had a little dent but I didn't care.

Anyways, 5 pounds isn't too shabby. I would only buy a game that cheap if I would play it more often. Some cheap game I bought are Table Tennis or Tetris Evolution.

Sanction
12-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Do the Gamefly cases / manuals come in good shape?

Vista
12-29-2007, 01:32 AM
New or Used...it doesn't matter as long as it's COMPLETE with the Casing, Artwork, and Manual.

eBay, Amazon.com, and FYE are main places for Used Games in particular.

Same here, if there is a $5 dollar difference though I will get the new one. You save a lot of dough buying used. I usually buy used since there are a lot of new games that get used copies fast....

I have been buying new lately, since I have the extra money and I like LE and CE...

Slarak
12-29-2007, 02:26 AM
Do the Gamefly cases / manuals come in good shape?

They come in with the sticker seals still on them.

Armstrong x360a
12-29-2007, 03:39 AM
I love ebay for 360 games. I usually pick one up used for cheap beat it than put it back up and make more than Gamestop would ever give me. Usually ends up costing less than a rental and I get to keep it as long as I want.

JohnTheGamer
12-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I primarily buy used gamesjust way cheaper plus discounts every now and then. I buy new games only it's something that just came out and I really want it. Don't buy new games that often now that I think about it.

UnHoLy DeFeAt
12-30-2007, 08:11 AM
if it works and easy i would.

Legoman1326
12-30-2007, 08:18 AM

Same here, unless it's a N64 game since they never have the manual for them

gatorbait
12-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I've always been into getting games pre-owned or looking for deals on games. Why spend the extra money? I also like to look on ebay a lot to see what some of the newer games are going for and after a game has been out for a month or two the prices on ebay are usually already $10-15 cheaper.

I also agree with having the case and manual. Definitely the case and the manual is still important for me to have but if there's a pre-owned game that I'm looking for and happens to not have the manual then I still probably get it.

narcolepticshee
12-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Buy from gamestation and then take back within 10 days and get full money back - no need to pay any money at all. (definitely buy pre-owned btw from gamestation because they always disc clean them now so its a new game for less :))

Peace

knockton55
12-30-2007, 03:25 PM
The only new games i ever get are pre-orders and christmas presents for people or that are given to me.

benbam87
12-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I do it all the time and never had a problem with any of them

gamergirl11
12-30-2007, 04:07 PM
I always buy new games.

The only time I'll buy used is on eBay and the games are in like new / mint condition.

Same goes for me. I don't really trust used games...but that is just because I have this problem called OCD :P

xRogue 5x
12-30-2007, 04:10 PM
I buy used any chance I can get. Because I play so much anything that will save me some cash that I can use towards other games is good in my book. I am not in the least bit picky. Hell, I could find a game on the street with dog crap on it and If i haven't played it yet and it would work I would use it.

artvandel4y
12-31-2007, 03:16 AM
I am a cheap skate. I buy used games. I just bought the rock band disc for 15 bucks below new at retail. I buy used games through craigslist and gamefly. I like gamefly because you can try the disc beforehand and they always have the case and manual. It is perfect condition there. No bad experiences with used discs here, only missing stuff.
But no, I never buy games just for the achievements if they have no merit. I paid 20$ for Fight Night 3, but that is actually a good game on top of being an easy 1000. It being an easy 1000 helped the decision, but wasn't the determining factor.
Sell your old games on craigslist and to friends. You make about twice as much by cutting the middleman out.

KTC
12-31-2007, 05:59 AM
nah i rent games instead

www.swapgame.com

pretty good website ;)

JesusBread
12-31-2007, 06:25 AM
I only buy used if the game, case and manual are in good condition. Other than that, I won't. Either way, I get most of my games through prize sites. Recently though, I bought Gears of War used for $40. Gona return it in a week. Who says GameStop doesn't rent games? XD I was planning on renting it from Blockbuster, but for some reason our local Blockbuster only has ONE copy of Gears of War and it was out. I was surprised that they only had one...

Razzle Storm
12-31-2007, 07:10 AM
I buy pre-owned sometimes, but usually I buy new. I don't really buy a game unless I know for sure it will be worth re-playing, or will have great online game. I rent a lot of games (not now, but, in the past).

oO Hippie Oo
02-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Buy pre-owned from GS... they always work perfect and you can take them back within 7 days if you "don't like it" translation = if you get 1000 pts.

CLAPSTER
02-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Yes because they work and they're cheaper :D