PDA

View Full Version : General Movie Discussion Thread?

Nick G 42390
12-29-2007, 02:05 AM
I was just thinking that maybe in the entertainment section there should be a thread called General Movie Discussion because, in almost every thread about a movie, it always gets off topic about another movie or something along those lines. And I mean for older movies. Not newer ones because that would just get way to cluttered and big. I mean maybe if someone just saw an older flick or wants to see one, they can post in there to ask for others opinions or to submit their own. Just thinking this could be a good idea to keep other threads from going off topic and to maybe keep the useless movie threads that only get 1 or 2 post, or sometimes none from being made and cluttering the forum.

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

The Pants Party
12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
That would be impossible to follow. 45,000 people discussing any movie they want in the same thread? No thanks.

Nick G 42390
12-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I highly doubt all 45,000 people post on here. Most people only join for the achievement trading and the guides. Not that many people post in all the other section. I pretty much see the same names all the time. Wouldn't this be better then a bunch of people making brand new threads just to ask if the movies good and they should see it? They get one response and the thread is done. Just my thought but I guess it wouldn't work...

Marx0r
12-29-2007, 07:48 PM
To me it seems like a thread wouldn't be enough, and a subforum would be too much. It would be good to have all the movie discussions separated, but I don't know how that would work out.

narcolepticshee
12-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeh i reckon a sub-form would be good. I know I'd probaly use it (as most people would) AND it would cut down on forum clutter

And pants, you seriously need to think about how you talk to people. Ive seen it so many times when you've been short and abrupt with people for no reason. Nick G is trying to suggest something so don't dismiss it automatically, try and think of a solution or another way round it.

Peace

The Pants Party
12-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Why do people get so offended when I shoot down a suggestion? I'm sorry, but not everything people come up with is actually a good idea or something that would benefit this site. If something is a good idea, I'll say so and I'll do everything I can to see it happen, but just like this and the last one, it is not feasible. Having a single thread for all movie discussion is ridiculous and won't work, so that's what I said.

Narc, you've complained about me numerous times. Frankly, you need to come to terms with my personality and get used to how I interact with people. I may be a bit short about things, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm really not trying to be mean, I just don't feel the need to sugar-coat things and coddle people when their ideas won't work. Nick's a cool guy, I definitely think he's a good member of this site, but this particular idea wasn't good and won't work. Sorry.

narcolepticshee
12-30-2007, 07:15 AM
ok no probs :) I don't get offended, i just think it sucks when people are trying to suggest stuff and their ideas get shot down, without any compromise or anything, just with a single phrase like 'it won't work' etc.

PEace