PDA

View Full Version : Way to Track Your Career Points

Wreckon Dracgon
06-13-2006, 06:21 PM
During your career if you go to your stats page and look at your ranking it tells you your current "world" rank and your number of points. This helps in knowing how far you are way from getting the number one ranking. However if you move to the other tab the "race" tab it will show you the number of career points you've earned so far (just for that season). I'm currently working on year four, ended year three with like 850 points, I'm up to Wimbledon on year four and already have like 350 points. Since career point don't go down I might sim my way through year five until I start losing as I must end with the number one ranking or what the hell was the point in obtaining it.

On a side note the damn AI sucks, Lindsey Davenport is a joke as the number one, so is Venus at number two. I can play through each round never losing a game, that is until I play Amelie Mareusmo. God I hate that DO WHAT. She gets to shots that she shouldn't be able to, she rushes the net, yet recovers in time for lobs. Each first set with her usually goes to a tie breaker, then her fat lazy ass gets tired and the next one is usually a 3-1, 3-0 breeze, but damn I hate that woman.

Also anyone having problems here is an easy way to beat the dumb as puter.

If serving hit the ball all the way to the sideline using A. If they return to your right blast it back to your left using B, they will then return to your left, again use B and blast it to your right this time and they almost never catch up to it. If the dumb ass computer hits it back to your left on your serve, use B and blast it all the way to your right, same result.

If they are serving return the ball directly at them using X (that why you can get into position where ever they return), then blast there return shot to the opposite direction using B again.

It takes awhile to get the timing down on using B (the Top Spin Shot) but if your Precision is high this should be easy.

Sorry if I'm posting something everyone knows. I finally started playing Top Spin.

Sarge McLarge
06-13-2006, 07:42 PM
I don't recommend simming much in season five as if you end up losing a Slam it could ruin your chances at the 1000 career points since losing a tournament you've won the season before WILL cause your points to drop (drastically if its a Slam).

Wreckon Dracgon
06-14-2006, 01:55 AM
Your career points don't go down once you have 1,000 you will always have that number. Those are your race points, your world points are what go down and determine your world ranking. Once you have 1,000 career points you can sim as much as you like they don't go down.

Sarge McLarge
06-14-2006, 02:19 AM
I was under the impression that they did go down as I started season five with about 1800 points so I skipped a couple of Slams and Masters. Towards the end of season five my points were down to 1100 so I played the rest of the tournaments to keep it safe.

Rore
06-19-2006, 04:42 AM
I was under the impression that they did go down as I started season five with about 1800 points so I skipped a couple of Slams and Masters. Towards the end of season five my points were down to 1100 so I played the rest of the tournaments to keep it safe.

same here.. i was above 1000 points and i start simming.. at the end of season 5 i got only 800 points left :(

so i restart al the way from te beginning..

Minty
06-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Your race points are not your career points.

And once you have your 1000 career points (when it tells you at the end of a season), then they dont go down

ScottEvil30
06-19-2006, 08:58 AM
so world ranking points = not career points and RACE points = career points?

I am about halfway to the 1000 in RACE points and am only about midway through season 2.

Don't want to sim to the end then find out i've cocked it up.

Minty
06-19-2006, 09:20 AM
NEITHER RACE POINTS OR WORLD RANKING POINTS ARE CAREER POINTS

I cannot say it much easier than that. The only way you find out your career points is at the end of the season.

ScottEvil30
06-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Well tbh that just really poorly designed. I shouldn't only be able to see my career points 5 times in my entire career. Unless I'm just missing an option to go see it whenever I want.