PDA

View Full Version : 3 New DLC for Xbox already!

MsBehavin
07-12-2013, 12:51 PM
It's been posted on the official Facebook page that 3 lots of DLC arrive on Xbox tonight at 11pm BST!
They are giving away a code for each throughout the day. Keep an eye on twitter @666pkgame and https://www.facebook.com/PainkillerGame?ref=ts&fref=ts

cheevo360
07-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Yeah there new achievements but Xbox.com isn't yet updated it. So if you earn achievement right now before xbox.com update then you and other will have recover the gamertag. So better wait until Xbox.com update those DLC achievements. Thank you for let us know about DLCs. My friend told me there new achievements so he have wait so do I we have wait until Xbox.com update them. I will buy DLCs once achievements is update is complete in xbox.com. :)

Nevander
07-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Looks like it's three and not just one! I wonder how many total there will be? Either way, looks like I'll be spending quite a bit of money here pretty soon.

MsBehavin
07-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah there new achievements but Xbox.com isn't yet updated it. So if you earn achievement right now before xbox.com update then you and other will have recover the gamertag. So better wait until Xbox.com update those DLC achievements. Thank you for let us know about DLCs. My friend told me there new achievements so he have wait so do I we have wait until Xbox.com update them. I will buy DLCs once achievements is update is complete in xbox.com. :)

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean? Which Xbox site are you refering to? They will not be on the official microsoft Xbox.com, which is for the US, or any other country where the game has not been released. We have our own Xbox URL in the UK and they were available as of 11pm BST in the UK and the European countries that have the game, tonight. I won't be playing Xbox until the heat goes down in here anyway. :(
It's Full Metal Rocket, The Clock Strikes Meat Night and Medieval Horror. I was lucky enough to get one of the 3 codes they gave away today, :) but I'm waiting to receive it to find out which of the DLC it is for.

deluxnugs
07-12-2013, 11:28 PM
they are updayed on xbox.com because im seeing people complete the dlc packs on TA. i thought this game had not been released yet.

deluxnugs
07-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Looks like it's three and not just one! I wonder how many total there will be? Either way, looks like I'll be spending quite a bit of money here pretty soon.
game stop has the game listed for 8/30/13 for $29 US. sounds pretty good and cheap for ths gs.

xxJUSTINxx
07-12-2013, 11:52 PM
they are updayed on xbox.com because im seeing people complete the dlc packs on TA. i thought this game had not been released yet.
It got release in Europe June 28th, America gets it way later.

Azrael008uk
07-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Of the 3 DLC's the Meatnight Pack is the one that interests me and that I bought.

It rewarded me with 50 gamerscore just for completing the new level.

Fun game.

Az

MsBehavin
07-13-2013, 01:50 PM
That's the one I'm hoping the code I got picked for, is for. I think it will be Monday before I get the code as it was late on, last night when i checked and they had asked earlier for me to message them, and the social media accounts for it never seem to be active on weekends. So it will be Monday before I have any of the DLC, as I need to see which they've given me.

As far as release goes, the UK and SOME European countries got it on 28th of June. There has been/are different individual release dates throughout European countries too. The official date given by Nordic games for the US release is 30th August. Which I've only seen via comments they have posted on their Facebook page. I've not seen anything big anywhere to state that.

KriugerisLT
07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
DLC sucks.

Should have been packed with the full game. Or added as a free DLC.

Now it feels like a cheap way to make some quick cash.

Paladin
07-14-2013, 05:55 PM
DLC sucks.

Should have been packed with the full game. Or added as a free DLC.

Now it feels like a cheap way to make some quick cash.

Now I see why the game was released at a budget price. Already we're spending 1200 points for DLC that has no reason not to be on disk. What sucks is the game is fantastic, but Nordic's handling of it is downright awful.

Nevander
07-14-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm still going to buy all the DLCs because I want to help Nordic Games and Farm 51 since they were able to bring PK back period. A lot of people failed with than since BooH came out. Not only did they make a good PK, they also got it to consoles! Well, at least to Europe so far. :(

MsBehavin
07-15-2013, 01:27 PM
The price was the same as Doom 3 when it was released in HD, because it's not an entirely new game. The DLC was not included with the steam version either.
I got my code today and it was for Medieval Horror. :)

KriugerisLT
07-15-2013, 03:03 PM
The price was the same as Doom 3 when it was released in HD, because it's not an entirely new game. The DLC was not included with the steam version either.
I got my code today and it was for Medieval Horror. :)

At least they didn't cut Doom 3 in HALF and serve the rest as DLC.

Hell, when buying the Doom 3 HD collection, you would get Doom 3, Resurrection of Evil, Doom 1 and 2. And the extra "deleted" mission from Doom 3.

I'd say that's a lot of value for a reduced price.

Oh, and no day 1 DLC. Not to mention, that the game is still a whole month and two weeks away from reaching US.

Kick a consumer too hard in the groin, and he will eventually start to vote with his wallet.

FaSCoRP
07-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Doom II HD was not truly HD. The engine was not revamped, easy to see with the ugly heads model (that was terrible). Also if you installed the game, and tried to play Doom I or II from the menu it apologizes to "play it from disc".
And the worse, the 3D features were abysmal. There was no way to configure 3D without having a headache.
The collection was not good, just someone there said "hey, let's pack these games together and bring them with a menu". The new "campaign" from D3 does not justify it even

Nevander
07-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Doom II HD was not truly HD. The engine was not revamped, easy to see with the ugly heads model (that was terrible). Also if you installed the game, and tried to play Doom I or II from the menu it apologizes to "play it from disc".
And the worse, the 3D features were abysmal. There was no way to configure 3D without having a headache.
The collection was not good, just someone there said "hey, let's pack these games together and bring them with a menu". The new "campaign" from D3 does not justify it even

No offense, but these are some pretty weak points.

They never said it was Doom II HD. I wish it was, but it was just old school Doom II built and being run under a different system. It was ported from PC by Nerve, so it will probably look better than PC does by a hair, but not as good as it could through mods (which I can vouch for).

Having to play from the dashboard could be a bit of an annoyance, but why would you go into Doom 3 to play Doom I anyway if you *had* found out that they are launched from the games list? It actually takes away a step.

As for 3D, I've never bothered with it and never will. I don't even have a 3D TV nor care for it. Sure, the experience might be something amazing, but only if you have the proper setup and if the 3D in the game is done right. If it wasn't, then there is clearly no use bothering with it and just sticking to the basic game.

This collection certainly was good. It could have been better (by including Final Doom IMO), but I'm just thankful that we got this. Sometimes people can be so ungrateful to even get a collection like this. I commend id Software for going back to Doom 3 to make this for us.

Do you know how hard it must be for them to use their resources and time to revisit an OLD game that might not make them much money compared to a brand new IP?

TheMarkOfPower
07-21-2013, 06:49 AM
i think we can expect perhaps 3 more dlc releases, there is 3 empty slots in the dlc column of tarot cards.

Paladin
07-21-2013, 06:40 PM
i think we can expect perhaps 3 more dlc releases, there is 3 empty slots in the dlc column of tarot cards.

I wouldn't be surprised. By the time everything is released, we'll be paying the same, if not more, as a full priced game. Which begs the question, what was being done in the past eight months? Why not just have released the full game at a standard price point? The only people buying the game are fans anyway...