PDA

View Full Version : Any games like Diablo 2?

richie0331
12-30-2007, 03:13 AM
I used to play the shit outta Diablo 2 on the PC. It is probably one of my favorite games of all time. Just wondering if any one else has played this game or one like it? It's kinda out of date and I would like to find a similar RPG to play online. I'm currently playing Mass Effect on teh 360 but I would like the Diablo-like game to be on teh PC so I can play it more for the online. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Bullet2theface
12-30-2007, 03:17 AM
There is a RPG section you check out and click on which ever game sounds good to you. Then read what people posted about the game and look at the reviews at our site(If we have it for the game).

Clipse 2
12-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Not really, download the demo of Dark Messiah and see what you think about it. I'm an old Diablo 2 player myself and when playing Dark Messah it felt kind of Diablo 2ish. Fear not though, rumors are Diablo 3 will be coming our way in the next 18 months and could possibly be an MMO. I cant wait. :D

Vista
12-30-2007, 03:24 AM
I heard the XBLA game Arkadian Warriors is like Diablo, but it is only an Arcade game...

Clipse 2
12-30-2007, 03:28 AM
I heard the XBLA game Arkadian Warriors is like Diablo, but it is only an Arcade game...
You're right Vista, I totally forgot about this game; maybe because its new. Arkadian Warriors has been mentioned to be a Diablo like game.

Edit -
For just 800 Live points, at least Arkadian Warriors isn't overpriced. And it does bring a Diablo vibe to the 360 that wasn't really there before.
Source: CNET (http://reviews.cnet.com/xbox-360-games/arkadian-warriors-xbox-360/4505-11457_7-32577118.html)

richie0331
12-30-2007, 03:30 AM
Not really, download the demo of Dark Messiah and see what you think about it. I'm an old Diablo 2 player myself and when playing Dark Messah it felt kind of Diablo 2ish. Fear not though, rumors are Diablo 3 will be coming our way in the next 18 months and could possibly be an MMO. I cant wait. :D

Diablo 3? That would be awesome if that came true. I'll check out Dark Messah for sure. I also heard Hellgate London had a Diablo approach to it. Thanks bro.

Gun-Nut
12-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Diablo 3? That would be awesome if that came true. I'll check out Dark Messah for sure. I also heard Hellgate London had a Diablo approach to it. Thanks bro.

Diablo 3 would be awesome! Yeah Hellgate is like a 3D Diablo, is by the same guys who made Diablo 2 they broke off from blizzard I thing, either way became Flagship Studios and made Hellgate :D

Also now I might have to try out Arkadian Warriors :)

Bullet2theface
12-30-2007, 04:21 AM
I feel like a noob because I have not yet to play any of the Diabo series. :(

Armstrong x360a
12-30-2007, 05:39 AM
WHAT? I see you haven't played Oblivion (at least based on your gamercard). It is different in some ways (1st person view, level system more like Dungeon Siege etc.) but as I started playing the first thing I thought was how much it reminded me of Diablo. Hack/slash lots of mobs to complete quests and dungeons while getting better and better loot. I would highly recommend it even if it isn't exactly what you're looking for.

antilucid
12-30-2007, 02:08 PM
I recently read an article in a magazine. that had an interview with Chris Taylor. While discussing the 360 release of Supreme Commander, it was hinted at that we might being seeing more Gas Powered Games on the 360, such as Dungeon Siege.

richie0331
01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
WHAT? I see you haven't played Oblivion (at least based on your gamercard). It is different in some ways (1st person view, level system more like Dungeon Siege etc.) but as I started playing the first thing I thought was how much it reminded me of Diablo. Hack/slash lots of mobs to complete quests and dungeons while getting better and better loot. I would highly recommend it even if it isn't exactly what you're looking for.

actually bro I did play oblivion but it was on the PC :), oblivion was alright but the biggest upside to Diablo was it's great multiplayer...as much as I love my FPSs i really do hope to see some more multiplayer RPGs on the 360

Armstrong x360a
01-02-2008, 01:06 AM
actually bro I did play oblivion but it was on the PC :), oblivion was alright but the biggest upside to Diablo was it's great multiplayer...as much as I love my FPSs i really do hope to see some more multiplayer RPGs on the 360

Ahh, gotcha. I was gonna say... Yea I know what you mean about the MP, that was the best part. Seems like for the time being we'll have to keep waiting for something quite like it.

MarkieJones
01-02-2008, 01:14 AM
diablo 2 lod was so good

PerpetualHeaven
01-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Dark Messiah and Oblivion aren't even 1/10th like Diablo.

Only game that I can think of on a console that's reminiscent of Diablo (that's new), is Baldur's Gate on the PS2. That's pretty old though like 2-3 years ago or something. If you PC game'd, you could always have fun with Neverwinter Nights. :D Such a good game.

There is a game on the 360 that's coming out that's Diablo-esque and that's Sacred 2: Fallen Angel. If you haven't played the first Sacred yet, go try it out on your PC. I'm sure you'll feel some Diablo-esque gameplay in it and you should expect something similar in the sequel for the 360. I'm pretty sure the 360 version won't be point and click though (using the analog stick and a button).

You can always hope the revamped version of Dungeon Explorer would be like Diablo. Other then Sacred 2, there's nothing really that'll be like Diablo. If you're a PC gamer, I'm sure you'll see a wide array of games like it.

BioHazard117
01-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Here you are sir...

http://tinyurl.com/2u46ns (http://tinyurl.com/2u46ns)

Gun-Nut
01-02-2008, 02:17 AM
Here you are sir...

http://tinyurl.com/2u46ns (http://tinyurl.com/2u46ns)

Ah Yes! Titan Quest, that is quite close to Diablo :) Even though I had problems with the Multiplayer, chances are its been fixed by now, really should give it another try!