PDA

View Full Version : red room ?

LeiChat
12-30-2007, 01:58 PM
or did I lose my membership ?

CovertDog
12-30-2007, 02:37 PM
There was some problems with it and was scrapped for the meantime. Was talk of revamping it, but not sure on the status. So no it wasn't anything personal, everyone got dropped.

LeiChat
12-30-2007, 03:17 PM
ah, thanks.
do you know if the threads / posts still exists?

would like to get hold of one conversation about "achievement trading"

CovertDog
12-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Everything was whipped. Sorry.

Vista
12-30-2007, 03:50 PM
What exactly was the red room? Did you need certain requirements, like post count or a certain amount of time here? Was there a secret forum, or any special thing you received?

Minty
12-30-2007, 03:58 PM
What exactly are you after, should be able to track it down for ya?

Adam Miller
12-30-2007, 04:47 PM
What exactly was the red room? Did you need certain requirements, like post count or a certain amount of time here? Was there a secret forum, or any special thing you received?

It is a secret forum, with no specific requirements only certain people are aloud in and me and you are not lol.

This guy was in and wants to look at a thread i think that was in there but now isn't.

So is there no more red room? How did you get in?

Webb
12-30-2007, 04:53 PM
It was something from the early days of x360a which became increasingly hard to keep on top of when we reached 40 something thousand members :p

It was a victim of our own success. Irony's a bitch!

Vista
12-30-2007, 04:54 PM
I heard you had to be "a good member." A lot of veteran members used to be in there, I guess they could talk there without noobs butting into their achievement trading and their coversations.

NyteRayne
12-30-2007, 05:01 PM
I heard you had to be "a good member." A lot of veteran members used to be in there, I guess they could talk there without noobs butting into their achievement trading and their coversations.

So much hostility towards us 'noobs' :p Actually, it is a great idea to have a separate forum for those who prove themselves, but it would get hard to manage with the popularity that this site has seen. Also, once word leaks out (and it always does), then it would inevitably lead to hurt feelings for those that weren't invited...

Anywho...back to my lurking...sorry, just bored at work :)

LeiChat
12-30-2007, 05:23 PM
oops, can of worms...

I'm not sure what the thread title would have been I'm afraid, but the conversation ended up talking about the "achievement trading" threads and if there was a way to create an application around it.
I said I'd be interested in having a go if the heroes behind x360a weren't already on it.
I don't recall any replies, so as I've finally got a bit of spare hands on my time I've been putting something together.
I've asked people on my friends list to volunteer achievements they consider that require "trading" / "boosting" to be included in the initial launch.

As always, I'd prefer to work alongside established sites such as x360a rather than compete with them.
There's always bitching in the game forums about achievement trading and I'm hoping that what I'm working on will make things a little easier and perhaps reduce some of the crazy posting on x360a (that's a good thing assuming they conside it a problem, lol)

back to the topic at hand... I wanted to get in touch with those in that thread that had expressed an interest re their ideas and most wanted achievement list.