PDA

View Full Version : Online Boosting Doesn't Work

zI HURRIC4N3 Iz
12-31-2007, 11:08 AM
So, I tried to boost with someone off this website to get all the online achievements. We went into the superstar lobby; ranked games. He quit out 19 times, So I thought we play this one legit & i'll get them all, course we play it & NOTHING HAPPENS, NO ACHIEVEMENTS POP-UP. Even though in achievment guide it says you CAN do this. Did we do anything wrong?!?!?!

Xterm1n8or
12-31-2007, 10:56 PM
So, I tried to boost with someone off this website to get all the online achievements. We went into the superstar lobby; ranked games. He quit out 19 times, So I thought we play this one legit & i'll get them all, course we play it & NOTHING HAPPENS, NO ACHIEVEMENTS POP-UP. Even though in achievment guide it says you CAN do this. Did we do anything wrong?!?!?!

Yeah me and HURRIC4N3 were boosting. What we did exactly was:

1) We both went into superstar lobby 4.
2) I challenged him.
3) We skipped through any cinematicsat the start of the game using the a button.
4) At the tip off i won the ball and then quit.
5) When he was asked would he let me quit he said no (it says if you click no and the other person quits then you get a win)
6) When it asked me if i would like to forfeit i clicked yes.
7) We rinsed and repeated.

On the 20th game we played the full 20 minute game with him winning, yet he only got the win 1 ranked match achievement.

Did we do ANYTHING wrong?

The weird thing is since i started playing this game i haven't recieved ANY updates, so im pretty sure this way of trading should still workand hasn't been patched.

Please please please, somebody tell us how they did it! Thanks

UDGuy
01-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Yeah, didn't work for me and my friend as well. We sorta figured it out when it didn't give us the first achievement. We played a few games legit and that does give achievements. I assume that there was a patch released to cause this. Anyone have any insight?

Leb23ron
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah, didn't work for me and my friend as well. We sorta figured it out when it didn't give us the first achievement. We played a few games legit and that does give achievements. I assume that there was a patch released to cause this. Anyone have any insight?

It might have something to do with them being on your friends list, because they're in green.

The Pants Party
01-07-2008, 04:56 AM
Kind of confused as well. I took my friend off my friends list just in case. He quit 19 matches and then we played one. All I got was 3 win streak and 1 online win...

UDGuy
01-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Will be testing out the 'remove-friend' theory soon and will post results here. Strange that you would get the 3 win streak and not the 5 win streak etc.

UDGuy
01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Okay, managed to get these achievements by removing my friend from my friends list and then playing the needed achievement game legitmately. We quit a few (>5) then played one legit and I got the first 3 achievements. Quit 15 more times, played one more legit, and got the last couple. Thanks for your help.

The Pants Party
01-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Alright, I think I figured what I did wrong, and this might be what other people did as well. For most of our games that were quit, we were using "Hall of Fame (Long)" -- Even though it says this is ranked, I don't think they count for achievements. So:

1. Take your friend off your friends list.
2. Use Superstar 3 (press to the right on the Superstar lobby)
3. Quit 19, then play one.

Should be good to go like that.

MajinFro
01-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Alright, I think I figured what I did wrong, and this might be what other people did as well. For most of our games that were quit, we were using "Hall of Fame (Long)" -- Even though it says this is ranked, I don't think they count for achievements. So:

1. Take your friend off your friends list.
2. Use Superstar 3 (press to the right on the Superstar lobby)
3. Quit 19, then play one.

Should be good to go like that.

ran into the same issue but we were using superstar long. Will try again in a couple days in just regular superstar.

The Pants Party
01-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking both "Long" lobbies are not counted. Avoid them to be safe. I didn't realize there were more lobbies for the normal length games if you pressed to the right while they are highlighted. The third one only ever has like two people, so it is easy to find each other.

Xterm1n8or
01-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks very much for all the replies guys, hopefully me and Hurricane will be able to do this now. Thanks again! :woop:

Sh420e
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
my lil bro bought this game, i'll be lookjing to boost soon

MajinFro
01-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking both "Long" lobbies are not counted. Avoid them to be safe. I didn't realize there were more lobbies for the normal length games if you pressed to the right while they are highlighted. The third one only ever has like two people, so it is easy to find each other.

Ok I can confirm that the long rooms are the screwy ones. Just fnished up getting the achievements for me and my partner.

We went to Superstar (the 2nd lobby in the list) and moved over to the 3rd one. Good luck to the rest of you.

Semp Pi
01-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Ok I can confirm that the long rooms are the screwy ones. Just fnished up getting the achievements for me and my partner.

We went to Superstar (the 2nd lobby in the list) and moved over to the 3rd one. Good luck to the rest of you.

A partner and I just got the achievements in superstar lobby #5. Just chiming in to agree with you that the 'long' lobbies seem to cause the problems.

iRKOu
01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
so its confirmed that if you go to Superstar Lobby 3 or 5 and do the boost will get you the achievements?

D e 5 t R u C t
02-04-2008, 04:59 AM
good thing i saw this i was going to do this with my friend... good thing i know to delete him first before we boost:woop::woop::woop::woop:

Stumpy25
02-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I just got 6 achievements at once by taking my buddy off my friends list, going into the third superstar (not long) room and quitting 19 times and playing the 20th game. Thanks for the posts!

iDecrpyt
02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Anyone still looking to boost the 20 online wins, just msg me. GT: BAMB918

KILLING5PR33
02-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Anyone still looking to boost the 20 online wins, just msg me. GT: BAMB918

sent u a friend request hit me up if ur interested..........

Slim Pizza Boy
03-31-2008, 01:13 AM
I think this should be worked into the guide or somthing

Prius Owner
03-31-2008, 05:16 AM
I was hoping to see in this thread some kind of fix by 2k to force people to actually win 20 games. I think it'd be great if sports games found more ways to make people actually earn the achievements instead of just adjusting sliders, taking turns quitting, etc.

I know I'm in the minority here, but boosting is on par with gamesaving IMO. Is it really fun or satisfying to take turns quitting each other for an hour?

Flame Away

x41KNIGHT14x
04-01-2008, 12:00 AM
my buddy quit 19 and then i won the 20th and i only got 5 game win streak and win 5
:uzi:boosting gone wrong