PDA

View Full Version : clans

narcolepticshee
01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't know if this has already been done because i couldn't find anything on it through searching -

Is it possible to have a thread/sub-topic for clans where members from different clans can organise games? I know under the 'x360a clans' topic, you're not allowed other clans, but i think this site would be a really good place to get clan matches together for clans that aren't in the x360a clan?

Peace

The Pants Party
01-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Now, you're going to get all pissy with me here for shooting down your suggestion, but... that is not what we are here for. We are an achievement site, not a clan meeting place. That's why it says so right in the x360a clans section.

narcolepticshee
01-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Nah, that's no probs at all - i don't mind you shooting down people's suggestions at all, just sometimes the way you say (/type) it seems a bit abrupt that's all :)

But, in reply to your statement. There are a LOT of things on this site that have nothing to do with achievements -
e.g. SOTF
Media Forum
Tech Centre
Game Reviews

to name just a few. So are there any other reasons or is it just not suitable for the site? (which i will completely understand and accept if it isn't)

Peace

legendslam x
01-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't, in my opinion, like to see a clan zone for this site. You have gamebattles to solve all of your clan needs. I like your suggestion about it, but its nice to keep this place almost strictly to Achievements. And those other off-topic threads won't get flamed with overposts and complaints. I'm not trying to criticize, but I'm okay with gamebattles right now...

narcolepticshee
01-01-2008, 09:47 PM
safe - i hadn't even heard of/checked out gamebattles so i'll go give it a try now

Peace

Zef
01-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Serious clans could just organise things on their own set of forums, most folks who want to be taken seriously or want to have more of a community create their own websites/forums so they could just chat on there instead.

If you have a clan and want to organise games against people on here then just post in the 'Looking for online matches?' thread (if there is one) or in the Achievement Trading thread for the specific games.

narcolepticshee
01-01-2008, 10:18 PM
If you have a clan and want to organise games against people on here then just post in the 'Looking for online matches?' thread (if there is one) or in the Achievement Trading thread for the specific games.

That is a very good idea! Never even thought of that - cheers boss

Peace