PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Metal Slug game?

AltruismIsDead
01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
What is your favorite Metal Slug game in the series?

My personal favorite was Metal Slug X for the original PS1. I remember trying it out at Funcoland at the time, at first I really hated it and thought that it was a bad Contra imitation :( My brother bought it a month or so afterwards and then I really warmed up to it. I loved how they had all these mini games in it and the survival mode. Now IMO I think the Metal Slug games are better than the Contra series... except for Metal Slug 6 on the Anthology... something about that one feels unlike a Metal Slug game.

SegaSaturnSNK
01-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Maybe because Metal Slug 6 had KOF characters Ralf and Clark? It does feel like a Metal Slug, it just had new features and etc. which I thought were pretty cool.

As for my fav., I must say the first one. I simply love it. It's easy to play and very enjoyable. I know the levels the back of my head and beat the game countless of times without continuing. Not my fav. because it was easy, just wasn't all god damn frustrating like the other ones which doesn't make it fun to play at all.

matthewmcg360
01-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Mine is still the original metal slug because I have fond memories of emptying all my change into the arcade machines.

Archonfury
01-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I loved all the arcade ones. I remember going after school to play Metal Slug and Marvel Vs Capcom, so awesome.

beef246
01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I liked the first one best as I have memories of using up most my change on it lol , good times :drunk

Crimson Drifter
01-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Thats a tough question as I love them all. But I would have to go with 1 and 2 as the were the first ones I played on those neo-geo arcade machines with pockets of quarters when i was like 11. Ahhh memories...

xENVxGAMERSKREW
05-04-2008, 12:54 AM
I loved all the arcade ones. I remember going after school to play Metal Slug and Marvel Vs Capcom, so awesome. haha yeah me too everytime i went to the movies and it was too early to go in i just play metal slug, mvc 1 & 2, and time crisis (1-3)

Jimmy Hapa
05-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I think the first Metal Slug I played was on the Neo Geo Pocket Color, which was just Metal Slug 1, I believe. So that version is my favorite just for nostalgia. Arcade-wise, I have played all of the Metal Slugs, and 3 is my favorite just because of how ridiculous the last two missions are. But they're all good.

As for 6...aren't the graphics a little different from the other games? I think they're more noticeably redrawn, but I'm not sure anymore.

Pheonix_Assassin
07-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Metal Slug 7 on the DS is an awesome game =)

Its easily my favourite DS game avalible, the weapons in MS7 are truly awesome.

Coorhagon
07-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Metal Slug 4

F Swan
10-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Isn't number 1 meant to be coming to Xbla soon? Its my personal favourite too :)

Gavinio
04-13-2011, 09:32 PM
my is metal slug 3 because the awesome gameplay, awesome way they made the game

Krizalid1985
05-24-2011, 12:29 PM
My Favourite Metal Slug Game Are

Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 5
Metal Slug 3