PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band Drums SOTW

soccerplaya13cj
01-02-2008, 10:00 PM
1. It will be run from Sunday to Saturday. This means that you will have one week to get your high score. The winners will be announced Sunday as early as possible and a new song will be picked. I will also post results on Sunday.

2. The screenshot that has your score must be of the screen after the song for me to accept it. It will have your score, stars, and % of notes hit.

3. You can compete in vocals, drums, or guitar. The score is the stat that matters. You can compete in medium, hard, or expert for each category. There are 9 categories in all, 1 for each instrument, each difficulty.

4. Once you win in one category, you cannot compete in it the the week after.Say you win drums medium in week 3. In week 4 you can do any other instrument on any difficulty, and drums on hard or expert. This applies for any instrument. Once you win on expert, you have to stay on expert until you lose. Thanks CJ14 for the grounds on this rule.

5. The pick a song. You can pick the next weeks song if you win an award for each instrument in the same week, no matter the difficulty.

6. Any suggestions or complaints you can PM me.

This is the trial run. Thanks to Birky for giving me the idea for the competition. I want to see how this goes. I may do other things like make a hard/expert star club, highest % hit award, etc. For the trial run, I will give you until Sunday the 6th. It's a short week to see hiow things go.

Song for week 1 is Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones.

I am also looking for a graphics guy/co-runner of this. Just PM me if interested.

Birky
01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
This is the trial run. Thanks to Birky for lending me most of his rules. I want to see how this goes. I may do other things like make a hard/expert star club, highest % hit award, etc. For the trial run, I will give you until Sunday the 6th.

You mean you copied them word for word? You didn't even take the time to read them and see that Tibatron is mentioned as being the provider of graphics for me and then you say you need one. You should probably delete the part where I thank him. Also you might want to think up your own special little way of doing some other things, you really did copy and paste the entire thing (except number 5...). Also you started this on Wednesday... that totally contradicts rule number one...

EDIT: I may sound like a cranky bitch but I really am not. I just think you should try to make it a little original, scratch those rules, and make your own new rules. Maybe even have vocals and guitar for each song? I don't care, just try to make the contest original and unique.

OldWIKI TIK
01-03-2008, 12:30 AM
You mean you copied them word for word? You didn't even take the time to read them and see that Tibatron is mentioned as being the provider of graphics for me and then you say you need one. You should probably delete the part where I thank him. Also you might want to think up your own special little way of doing some other things, you really did copy and paste the entire thing (except number 5...). Also you started this on Wednesday... that totally contradicts rule number one...

EDIT: I may sound like a cranky bitch but I really am not. I just think you should try to make it a little original, scratch those rules, and make your own new rules. Maybe even have vocals and guitar for each song? I don't care, just try to make the contest original and unique.

I agree, i compete in GH3 SOTW and for one, i really think Rock Band NEEDS different rules as it is a completely different game. It is definately doable but more thought like Birky said. Get it all straightned out and i could do the graphics probably. I did weeks one two and three for GH3. However, thats a TON of badges every week.

soccerplaya13cj
01-03-2008, 01:03 AM
I changed it and depending on how this goes, I'll change some stuff. Birky said in a PM I could use his rules to test anyways. Old WikiTiki, if you have photoshop I know an easy way to do it.

Fire Mage
01-03-2008, 03:41 AM
4. You can only compete in a different category the week after you win one. Say you win drums medium in week 3. In week 4 you can do any other instrument on any difficulty, and drums on medium or hard. This applies for any instrument. Once you win on expert, you have to stay on expert until you lose.
You can only compete in a different category the week after you win one? Can you phrase that better, because it sounds like once you choose an instrument you're stuck with it until you win.

Also, how can you play Drums on Medium two weeks in a row. The rules don't follow what they say.

And finally, if you can play any other instrument on any difficulty, that means you can go: Drums (Medium), then Guitar (Medium), then back to Drums (Medium)? That doesn't seem too fair. And where you say "Once you win on Expert, you stay on it" or whatever, that doesn't comply with the "any other instrument on any difficulty" sentence.

Sorry for attacking that rule, but you gotta clear it up.

HoodMod
01-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Do we post our results here?

CJ14
01-03-2008, 04:43 AM
hey, when my rules get copied from another competition I want credit for it!! Haha, at least Birky mentions me in the rules creation. If you are dedicated and will stick to the deadlines and such It'd be nice to have a Rock Band SOTW

Krueger
01-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Make it more original like for the whole band not just one instrument.

OldWIKI TIK
01-03-2008, 05:37 AM
playing rockband now eh CJ? If the whole band thing is done we need to be real specific how the difficulties are dealt with. Like scorehero it seems like you can enter whomever is on the highest diff. Which I dont mind because my son could play with me then, hed be proud.

Birky
01-03-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't know about any instruments but guitar when I say this but... I suggest you try picking harder songs in the future. People are better then you think and (at least on Guitar) this is a VERY easy song to 100%. Just a suggestion...

soccerplaya13cj
01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I might do whole bad, but this is just one of ym test runs, I need to see interest before I implement tons of stuff. Everything has been fixed, thanks for all the constructive criticism guys.

Hood mod: Yes, post your results here.

CJ14
01-03-2008, 06:22 PM
playing rockband now eh CJ? yea man im hooked, haha, i havent even touched GH since i got it

OldWIKI TIK
01-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Ya, i am too, have to say. Its singing hero now. LOL. This SOTW could be band scores, its easy to quick play a song online with a friend to get your scores or team up with another x360a member, i dunno.

Oh ya, need tag opinions.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/RockbandSOTWtest.jpg

Birky
01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Ya, i am too, have to say. Its singing hero now. LOL. This SOTW could be band scores, its easy to quick play a song online with a friend to get your scores or team up with another x360a member, i dunno.

You sing?! We could have a band... CJ on guitar, Birky on bass, and WIKI singing the tune! Now all we need is a drummer and we will win every week!!

soccerplaya13cj
01-03-2008, 08:58 PM
I can play on medium drums =[

HoodMod
01-03-2008, 09:31 PM
You sing?! We could have a band... CJ on guitar, Birky on bass, and WIKI singing the tune! Now all we need is a drummer and we will win every week!!

I can play pretty good drums I'm going thru expert right now.

DFILL450
01-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I can play pretty good drums I'm going thru expert right now.
Same here. All I have is the last two tiers to go through, and then I'm done with drums on expert.

Edit: I'll probably be entering for drums.

OldWIKI TIK
01-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Yes Birky, i sing. I guess all those drunken karoke nights have finally paid off, unless you count the women too.;)

HoodMod
01-04-2008, 12:26 AM
...All I have is the last two tiers...

Me too. Seven more songs, currently stuck on Don't Fear The Reaper. Have you passed that?

OldWIKI TIK
01-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Well, ill post the first score i suppose......just a mess around try not my highest but will do for now.1214

hXc ShotS
01-04-2008, 06:28 AM
can i ask how you got that screenshot?

you obv. didnt use a plain camera i mean its perfect picture.

OldWIKI TIK
01-04-2008, 06:30 AM
Contractor by day, semi-pro photographer in spare time. Its a canon 5d DSLR.

hXc ShotS
01-04-2008, 06:31 AM
jeez nvm then, lol

Birky
01-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Only tried this once, it is a pretty boring song. Missed one note near the end of the solo... I just got kind of bored.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/curlyguy11/IMG_1424.jpg

DFILL450
01-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Me too. Seven more songs, currently stuck on Don't Fear The Reaper. Have you passed that?
Nope :) I always fail around 59%. The farthest I got was 62%.

I'm also stuck on Foreplay/Long Time (I think thats what its called). I can't even get past the intro on that song. Damn drum set.

Edit: I took a picture of the Gimme Shelter on Expert drums with my phone, but I have no idea how to put it on the forums. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I got 182850

OldWIKI TIK
01-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Nevermind my hard score, ill enter the expert bracket for this one. Alot of streak breakers with strongs.1219

If someone wants to go for band scores instead, hit me up.

ASTROBL4ACK
01-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Nevermind my hard score, ill enter the expert bracket for this one. Alot of streak breakers with strongs.1219

If someone wants to go for band scores instead, hit me up.

Yeah man, I for one would like to do band scores. It would give me and my friends something to work for other than playing "Welcome Home" over and over...

HoodMod
01-04-2008, 11:03 PM
As soon as I can transfer the pic onto my computer, I will post my GIMME SHELTER SCORE here. I'll post a new one, probably only if I see somebody beat this.

HoodMod (aka RockMod)

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/inkybowl/P1040025.jpg

Vista
01-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah man, I for one would like to do band scores. It would give me and my friends something to work for other than playing "Welcome Home" over and over...

I will be stating that SOTW soon, I figured it would be more fun with a band, just a question, should I make the rule 3 man or 4 man band?

OldWIKI TIK
01-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Tried doing guitar and vocal at the same time and stunk it up, even had to save myself.http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/IMG_6657.jpg

soccerplaya13cj
01-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Glad to see people entered. I will introduce bands if you want me to, but I don't know if I will unless more people enter this.

russell1190
01-05-2008, 01:11 AM
i would definitley do this especially if you made it band scores not individual instruments

Feel My Rage
01-05-2008, 01:12 AM
I'd like to see band sotws.....and I would enter,but i dont have a camera....So....sorry.My camera is at another house,lol

HoodMod
01-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Or you could just break it up into individual instruments, and each one is like a different category. For me, assembling a good band would be hard.

OldWIKI TIK
01-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Or you could just break it up into individual instruments, and each one is like a different category. For me, assembling a good band would be hard.
Why would it be hard? You just 99%'d expert drums. Shouldnt be that hard to find people to play with if your that good.

HoodMod
01-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Why would it be hard? You just 99%'d expert drums. Shouldnt be that hard to find people to play with if your that good.

I mean hard to find people who could score like that with me on expert.

DFILL450
01-05-2008, 03:56 AM
Heres my score for Expert drums
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/DFILL450/gimmeshelterdrumsexpert002.jpg

Sora27
01-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Well here's my entry for Guitar on Hard:

The attached image will have the actual pic of my score. Sorry, I'm not sure exactly how to embed it without getting a webpage for it.

And also I wanted to say that I really like the idea behind this and I think more people will participate, but only if you make the rules a little clearer. I can see that you've worked on them since their orignal versions, but I think you can be more precise, and add more to it.

That's why I'm asking if you would let me co-moderate the weekly tournament. I know I'm pretty new to the forums, but I think I could be pretty good at taking everyone's critcisms and making it a better tournament.

I hope you'll consider it, because I have some ideas to improve on what's already here, and hopefully we can get it big enough to maybe get stickied.

So PM me if you're interested in my help, and thanks for listening

Vista
01-05-2008, 03:31 PM
i would definitley do this especially if you made it band scores not individual instruments
I'd like to see band sotws.....and I would enter,but i dont have a camera....So....sorry.My camera is at another house,lol

It seems I will be making it the... Give me w week to straighten things out and develop the rukes, and it will be underway... Thanks in advance for support guys!

Feel My Rage
01-05-2008, 05:33 PM
It seems I will be making it the... Give me w week to straighten things out and develop the rukes, and it will be underway... Thanks in advance for support guys! You've got it Mr. Vista!

lol,finally a real reason to gather up all my RB friends instead of just for fun...:drunk(which is a good reason as well)

DFILL450
01-05-2008, 06:41 PM
You've got it Mr. Vista!

lol,finally a real reason to gather up all my RB friends instead of just for fun...:drunk(which is a good reason as well)
Or for achievements :p

Wait so your saying I just beat hoodmod's score for no reason :(

Birky
01-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Well if Blista is making a fun and dandy band sotw I will definitely be entering every week. If anyone wants to be in the band with me just tell me. I have five stared all of expert on guitar and can pretty much 100% most bass songs. Looking for a singer and/or (depending on if it is a 3 or 4 man band) drummer and another guitarist or bassist. If he is down for it I would like Wiki to be screaming his lungs out for us. Also... Mike, CJ? Guitar? + a good drummer. Anyone just PM me or post in here I guess if you want to be in the band. O ya, and I plan on winning every week :D

OldWIKI TIK
01-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Well if Blista is making a fun and dandy band sotw I will definitely be entering every week. If anyone wants to be in the band with me just tell me. I have five stared all of expert on guitar and can pretty much 100% most bass songs. Looking for a singer and/or (depending on if it is a 3 or 4 man band) drummer and another guitarist or bassist. If he is down for it I would like Wiki to be screaming his lungs out for us. Also... Mike, CJ? Guitar? + a good drummer. Anyone just PM me or post in here I guess if you want to be in the band. O ya, and I plan on winning every week :D
Sure, i will belt out some sweet tones for ya!

HoodMod
01-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Or for achievements :p

Wait so your saying I just beat hoodmod's score for no reason :(

At least maybe now I don't have to beat your score.

Feel My Rage
01-05-2008, 11:17 PM
I can drum!Kinda....lol

I'm able to play a decent bit up to hard and "Say it aint so" on expert....
Well,here's to getting even better!:drunk

OldWIKI TIK
01-06-2008, 05:02 AM
better badge? i dunno if someone else is doing them or not.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/Rockbandbandbadgesample.jpg

DFILL450
01-06-2008, 06:08 AM
At least maybe now I don't have to beat your score.
Haha. Yeah thats true. Oh well. It only took me a couple tries to beat your score anyways :p

I agree that it should be a full band. But how would that work. Would there be like a winner for 2 people, 3 people, and 4 people?

ASTROBL4ACK
01-06-2008, 06:16 AM

I'll play Guitar or Bass dude, if you want to get something going.

OldWIKI TIK
01-06-2008, 06:38 AM
It seems I will be making it the... Give me w week to straighten things out and develop the rukes, and it will be underway... Thanks in advance for support guys!
Need a header? I was fooling around a bit ago and came up with this.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/SOTWtrytwo.jpg

ASTROBL4ACK
01-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Need a header? I was fooling around a bit ago and came up with this.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4/PaulP1976/SOTWtrytwo.jpg

Looks good to me :)

Mike255
01-06-2008, 07:32 AM
I wouldnt mind being in your band Birky. Heres my score if you wanna see how good i am. 5* all expert songs except 2 and i can beat blackened. lol

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/581/cimg2300wl3.jpg

ASTROBL4ACK
01-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I wouldnt mind being in your band Birky. Heres my score if you wanna see how good i am. 5* all expert songs except 2 and i can beat blackened. lol

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/581/cimg2300wl3.jpg

So it's set than.

Birky - Guitar/Bass
Astro - Guitar/Bass
Mike - Drums
Wiki - Vocals

Sounds pretty good to me if you guys are down.

Feel My Rage
01-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Aw.....

Oh well,my best friend and my friends over live can still do this.....even if we are garunteed to lose.....

Birky
01-06-2008, 05:48 PM
So it's set than.

Birky - Guitar/Bass
Astro - Guitar/Bass
Mike - Drums
Wiki - Vocals

Sounds pretty good to me if you guys are down.

We will NEVER lose.

soccerplaya13cj
01-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Winners are
Old Wiki Tiki - Expert vocals.
Birky - Expert Guitar
Mike - Expert Drums
Sora - Hard Guitar

Rule changes for next week:
Will be taking medium out of the competition because most people can do hard or expert. If anyone feels this is unjust just PM me.

Coming up: Me and Blackvsta are going to run a band one also, so be looking for that.

ASTROBL4ACK
01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
We will NEVER lose.

Yeah, it'll be cool to see some of the monsters scores we could put up.