PDA

View Full Version : Run To The Hills - Hard Drums

Chupathingy13
01-03-2008, 05:57 PM
This is the only song that I have left to finish in the Drums' Hard solo tour. Any pointers?

n1n3t33nd3lta
01-04-2008, 12:41 AM
practice. the first part is sorta easy with the yellow drum roll, foot pedals and the blue. the next part gives me fits.

Deleted FetusXx
01-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Go Practice. A lot, make sure your foot is moving with the pedals and not with your arms.

DFILL450
01-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Heres a video that I used to beat it. (This isn't me)
YouTube - Run to the Hills Playthrough on Hard

Make sure you save your star power until you absolutely need it.

HoodMod
01-04-2008, 03:09 AM
Man, I don't know how I finished this in hard now that I think about it. The beginning is the hardest part I believe. I developed a strategy where I would miss certain notes (they care less when you miss green blue or yellow so I based it around hitting most of the base pedal and red notes. For me right now, practice is the only thing that's gonna get me through 'Don't Fear The Reaper'. I've been practicing over and over, just been relentless about it.

killerharu45
01-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Why do Iron Maiden songs always have triplets? Ex: The Trooper, Run to the Hills (guitar, bass, and drums)

by the way im stuck on this one too

Fire Mage
01-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I've been stuck on this for a while. I can get 3/4 through the song but I fail at the part with the fast constant bass pedal. I can't get it down.

Mrs Cliffton
01-05-2008, 11:08 PM
i respect allt hose who nail this song, but for every rhythm game i always go listen to the song alot and memorize the part im playing if i get stuck, that generally helps

but ps i suck at most rhythm games :P

HoodMod
01-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I respect all those who nail this song, but for every rhythm game I always go listen to the song a lot and memorize the part I'm playing if i get stuck, that generally helps.

but ps i suck at most rhythm games :P

Look at me w/ respect! Only on hard though, haven't tried it on expert yet.

Chupathingy13
01-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Hah, I finally got it, thanks for the help guys. I can finally start on expert now.

scuffdog65
01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
you could always have someone hit the pedal for you, but otherwise practice a lot.

Chupathingy13
01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
you could always have someone hit the pedal for you, but otherwise practice a lot.

The pedal in this song is waaay easy though. After playing through it enough, the pedals came pretty sub-conscious. It's the pads you have to worry about, that damn snare. And I've got the old version of drums, fast hits don't register well, which probably made the song much more harder than it was supposed to be.

Adram
01-08-2008, 04:21 AM
The song isn't really that tricky if you slow it down in Practice and nail the right flow for the red/yellow notes. On Hard, you can actually survive those sections without playing the bass drum at all if it's totally throwing you off.

If it makes you feel better, I actually found it to be easier on Expert than Hard because the second bass hit is added to the verse sections, which made it easier for me to play, at least.

Chupathingy13
01-08-2008, 05:19 AM
If it makes you feel better, I actually found it to be easier on Expert than Hard because the second bass hit is added to the verse sections, which made it easier for me to play, at least.

Tried it out, and agree with you! Sometimes dumbing the track down can have its disvantages, I guess.

If anyone cares, I ended up doing the main "RRR,RRY" pattern with these hits:

left-right-left, left-(bounce left)-right(Y)

I just couldn't nail it with:

left-right-left, right-left-right(Y)

...I ended up saying "screw it," even though (I'm guessing) it would be the proper way to play the pattern. It just took too much thought, you know, to actually think about what hand hits next.

jambell
01-09-2008, 12:09 AM
ugh, this song, man!

I just managed to beat it on Expert and now I'm only The Police and The Who away from AN-I-MAL!! achievement!

I'm pretty stoked, not gonna lie. Run to the Hills was only really difficult because of the fact that it's basically one 4-minute long roll. during the guitar solo I was basically just awkwardly hammering my sticks down on red with no rhythm at all and just hoping to god to make it through, but I finally did.

now time to start practicing The Police's intro, ugh :\

zlionsfan
01-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Why do Iron Maiden songs always have triplets? Ex: The Trooper, Run to the Hills (guitar, bass, and drums)

by the way im stuck on this one too
I'm assuming Number of the Beast does as well. (From the song: I don't remember playing it on GH III very much.) Maybe Steve Harris is a big fan of 3/4 time?

Just something to keep in mind with respect to songs with (for us) unusual rhythm: if we ever get any Zeppelin ...

ASTROBL4ACK
01-10-2008, 01:15 AM
ugh, this song, man!

I just managed to beat it on Expert and now I'm only The Police and The Who away from AN-I-MAL!! achievement!

I'm pretty stoked, not gonna lie. Run to the Hills was only really difficult because of the fact that it's basically one 4-minute long roll. during the guitar solo I was basically just awkwardly hammering my sticks down on red with no rhythm at all and just hoping to god to make it through, but I finally did.

now time to start practicing The Police's intro, ugh :

What I did was got some star power and just paused at every rest I got. I would take a 2 minute break, come back and hammer away till the next break. It took me about 30 minutes, but I passed in on Expert.

killerharu45
01-13-2008, 06:21 AM
I beat it on Hard!!!! I followed tips from the game! :-0!! I hit the drums light and fast and taped down the red drum so its more sensitive. I beat the last section w/o star power too!!!