PDA

View Full Version : plz need help with battle of yi ling

catpayne
06-17-2006, 06:56 AM
it says play as Wu or Shu, i only found a wu as a lan right next to chang sha, but never a shu neither like land nor man, who or what is shu? i did the wu thing any way, i take the wu land next to chang sha, ally withh cao cao, and take the down free province then i waite liu bei to take shang sha, i invaded him take over shang sha but when im back at the menu the message about yi ling participate simply doesnt apear, any help will be apreciated,,,tnks:bow:

doadea
06-20-2006, 02:19 AM
I am having the same problem, I only have a land called wu (right next to chang sha) and I have no shu anywhere on my map. I have played the land wu, and waited until liebu envaded and took chang sha, then I took it, but I got nothing. Where is shu?

doadea
06-20-2006, 03:22 PM
OK I was finally able to do this and get the battle of Yi Ling achievement. I chose to play the left most red province inside Sun Quan's area and right next to Chang Sha. I took this area and then did nothing except pass my turn. When Liu Bei invaded and took Chang Sha, I invaded him and took it from him. Then I got the option to participate in the Battle of Yi Ling achievement.

One thing to note is that you do not have to win the Battle of Yi Ling to get the achievement. I consider myself good at this game, but I got my arse handed to me during the battle of Yi Ling. It was my first and only loss of the entire game. The opposing team had twice the amount of officers I did. My character did fine, but all the others on my team were captured and then they took my home base before I could get back to it. I lost, but then when i saved afterwards I still got the achievement.

R3d Nemesis
07-05-2006, 11:30 AM
This one is pretty random i think, i sellected the red province then took the bottom free province then made an alliance with cao cao and just kept skipping battle dont defend let your bottom aera get taken back and just keep skipping battle and eventually it comes up, i think it has to be after 210AD mine came up at 212AD

PhilpotMusic
07-07-2006, 11:58 PM
doadea, Thanks alot for the help i've been wanting that achievement for awhile and after reading your post it only took about 10 min. very much appreciated!

PhilpotMusic

Psycence
07-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Do you know if you can retreat but still get the achievement?

Lonsta DaMonsta
07-13-2006, 05:31 AM
Huge thanks to Doadea, I was having problems with this one too.

Also Psycence, it only takes 10 minutes or so win/lose, but you can try retreating if you please.

Psycence
07-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Huge thanks to Doadea, I was having problems with this one too.

Also Psycence, it only takes 10 minutes or so win/lose, but you can try retreating if you please.

I tryied it out on another battle as I still cant get this one to trigger but retreating does get you the achievement.

This is the last achievement for me and it just will not trigger!

Ive tried everything on here and in the achievements guide.

Tommy Gun 81
08-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I had a hard time to, I chose the region next to Chang Sha and invaded it, then I just skipped it and Liu Bei didn't even attemptet to invade me, in spring 210 I was asked to take part in the battle of Yi Ling and i won it in about 3 minutes!

spunyun
01-25-2009, 03:09 AM
I started with Sun Quan (red) and took over the bottom land and just keep skipping battles until Liu Bei finally took over Chang Sha then I invaded Chang Sha and after taking it over I was prompted to do the Battle of Yi Fing.

Very simple just gotta make sure you play as the red and wait for Lui Bei to take over Chang Sha.

kurtm204
09-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Omg you guys are all a bunch of dynasty warriors noob fuck you guys are embarrasing

stubmeighster
12-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I got the invite to the battle right away. heres how

I chose the Red to the left, accidently hit procede before i got an allience or anything, and it invited me to the special battle right away....

Captain Ashton
01-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Wu is Sun Quan's forces. Shu is Liu Bei's forces. You have to play as one of these 2 forces to play the level. Also, whichever force you choose, the other force must not have been eliminated, so don't wipe them out until after you've done the battle. It will take a fair number of turns for the event to be triggered, but as long as you play as one of the 2 forces and don't destroy the second force, the event should occur fairly soon.

zaku bluez
10-30-2010, 04:54 AM
I just got this a min ago just play as the red make a long alliance with the top blue and cap the bottom empty. then get the brown, the empty one next to it the yellow and the one beside it. Make an alliance with the light blue on the left or white if they got cap'ed then just wait shold get the mission right after caping all of the bottom except the green leave them alone but keep the safe.

Fluzi
11-20-2010, 12:43 AM
well... i finally got it too... just like spunyun wrote... i took red and invaded Chang Sha... then just skipped a few times and the battle started^^

L4D II JoK3r
05-19-2012, 09:30 PM
I started with Sun Quan (red) and took over the bottom land and just keep skipping battles until Liu Bei finally took over Chang Sha then I invaded Chang Sha and after taking it over I was prompted to do the Battle of Yi Fing.

Very simple just gotta make sure you play as the red and wait for Lui Bei to take over Chang Sha.

This is the only way that I got it to work, thank you so much! :locked