PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think that this game is gunna be SWEEEEET??

PuBlic EN3MY 14
01-04-2008, 03:42 PM
like ive been playin the demo for a bit now and i just enjoy the way you crash.. soooo realistic

but it would be good if like wen you crash you see what happens to your guy

then it would stop people racin the streets in real life :)

M85A21
01-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I have 100% every freaking Burnout game ever!!!
I love this series, so I personally can't wait for this game.

LethalRope
01-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Burnout since the ps2 baby, this is going to be awsome i played the demo and can't wait :) give it to me now noooooow.

Derrick DS
01-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I'll probably get it, but I can't stop thinking this game feels more like NFS in the Burnout universe. I played the Burnout series because of its pure arcade feel... and of course, the crashes.

SolvingJunk
01-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I love burnout, I love how realistic the crashes are and how unrealistic that driving is. That what you get when a company doesn't care about using real cars. They can take liberties and make them what they want. Makes it more fun.

vhayste
01-04-2008, 10:26 PM
This is one of my anticipated games for this year :)

Zef
01-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I played the demo and it sealed the deal that they have screwed all the goodness out of the game. Graphically it was pretty good but I couldn't stand anything else, the online free roam thing was ok for two minutes but as soon as you start beating people you get kicked.

Going to traffic lights to start events, stopping then pressing the triggers is too much work to start an event. No proper traffic checking is annoying and the point based event was downright crap.

Burnout is now just another EA bastard-child =(

playmaker2197
01-05-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm torn on this game due to all the points Zef just made. I will probably get it just because I am finding myself completely bored right now with all of my games and have nothing that is intriguing to play at the moment and this game might be a good change of pace until Turok is released.

AliArdcase
01-21-2008, 05:52 PM
can not wait for this game, achievements look sweet aswell, 4 days to go :D

thecrazyguy
01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Strongly considering getting this, but all the points Zef made are just to darn valid to ignore. Not to mention not being able to restart an event instantly, but having to drive all the way back to it if you fail. That's just a detrimental shortcoming in my opinion. I'm not sure who's idea it was to leave that option out, but it was a bad one.

DreadfulCorpse
01-21-2008, 06:23 PM
it looks very gud beta than nfs ,bt im nt really a racing gamer

SuperSouter
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
No not really, its gonna be quite good but not holy or something

Razza-Legend
01-21-2008, 08:58 PM
i love the burnout games and have had this on pre ordered since it announce aso i pretty go damn excited for next week :D:D:D

moomoocowsly
01-22-2008, 01:57 AM
I played the demo and it sealed the deal that they have screwed all the goodness out of the game. Graphically it was pretty good but I couldn't stand anything else, the online free roam thing was ok for two minutes but as soon as you start beating people you get kicked.

This never happened to me. Not once.

Going to traffic lights to start events, stopping then pressing the triggers is too much work to start an event.

Pushing 2 buttons is too much work? There's an event at every single intersection in the game, so it's not like you have to drive around searching for a race.

No proper traffic checking is annoying and the point based event was downright crap.

I always find it funny when people complain that Paradise has no traffic checking, because it's so obvious that those people never played the old Burnout games. Traffic checking was a shitty inclusion to the newer games which I'm glad they've gotten rid of. Being able to plow through traffic took all of the skill out of the game. I remember when playing Burnout 1 and 2 the fun was in driving super fast while avoiding traffic, not slamming into it.

Zef
01-22-2008, 12:37 PM
This never happened to me. Not once.
You probably weren't winning then =)

Pushing 2 buttons is too much work? There's an event at every single intersection in the game, so it's not like you have to drive around searching for a race.
Having to stop so you are perfectly lined up and then hitting two buttons in perfect unison is more work than pressing a button, so yes it is too much work.

I always find it funny when people complain that Paradise has no traffic checking, because it's so obvious that those people never played the old Burnout games. Traffic checking was a shitty inclusion to the newer games which I'm glad they've gotten rid of. Being able to plow through traffic took all of the skill out of the game. I remember when playing Burnout 1 and 2 the fun was in driving super fast while avoiding traffic, not slamming into it.
I've played Burnout since the second game, so I know traffic checking isn't an original feature but it's sure as hell more fun than crashing in a ball of flame when you brush past a Fiat panda. And traffic checking to give you an advantage took skill, randomly checking traffic got you nowhere. Using a car as a missile to takedown an opponent who just overtook you, or making a huge pileup to block other rivals wasn't just random. And in crash events it means you can intiate all kinds of mayhem.

moomoocowsly
01-22-2008, 01:42 PM
You probably weren't winning then =)

I never got kicked even if I had 2 barrel rolls, a 3000ft drift from spinning in circles, 100% power parking, 7 second air time (must have glitched or something),4000ft oncoming and 30+ near misses. Also your point is utterly invalid if you decide to host your own games.

Having to stop so you are perfectly lined up and then hitting two buttons in perfect unison is more work than pressing a button, so yes it is too much work.

Did you really try it? You don't have to be lined up in the slightest, many times I just drove to an intersection at 200mph and did a huge spinning E-brake only to press the triggers in the general area of the event.

I've played Burnout since the second game, so I know traffic checking isn't an original feature but it's sure as hell more fun than crashing in a ball of flame when you brush past a Fiat panda. And traffic checking to give you an advantage took skill, randomly checking traffic got you nowhere. Using a car as a missile to takedown an opponent who just overtook you, or making a huge pileup to block other rivals wasn't just random. And in crash events it means you can intiate all kinds of mayhem.

You can scrape and bump cars without wrecking, you just can't slam into them anymore and have to actually pay attention to dodging. If you really can't watch where you're driving then turn traffic checking on in the menu.

Not being able to restart failed events was an issue for me, until I realised that there's an event on every single road and you aren't limited to "do 4 of these 5 races" to continue. It's easier to do a race and if you lose, just slam on the E-brake and chances are you're right next to another race already. I'm a big fan of steep learning curves in games recently. Fumbling around in a new city without knowing where to go is perfect for me because I know that after a few days I'll know enough of the layout to really make the most of shortcuts and such during races, and this kind of personal improvement definitely makes the game much more rewarding.

Zef
01-22-2008, 02:14 PM
I never got kicked even if I had 2 barrel rolls, a 3000ft drift from spinning in circles, 100% power parking, 7 second air time (must have glitched or something),4000ft oncoming and 30+ near misses. Also your point is utterly invalid if you decide to host your own games.
True, you can host your own games. But it is much quicker to join an existing lobby with people in it than wait ages for your own to slowly fill up. And you must have found a rare sporting person online.

Did you really try it? You don't have to be lined up in the slightest, many times I just drove to an intersection at 200mph and did a huge spinning E-brake only to press the triggers in the general area of the event.
Yes I tried it, I shouldn't have needed to though. Having a menu with the events available is easier than having to go all around the map to find them, and if you didn't need to line up then obviously the demos are exactly consistent.

And you are avoiding the whole taking out of aftertouch I see =) That made crash junctions worthwhile, plus if you got bored you could always see where you could get your car lodged.

moomoocowsly
01-22-2008, 02:54 PM
And you are avoiding the whole taking out of aftertouch I see =) That made crash junctions worthwhile, plus if you got bored you could always see where you could get your car lodged.

I never liked aftertouch, though Showtime mode in paradise fulfills your need to control your car as it flies through the air crashing into people.

Zef
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM
If you didn't like aftertouch then you have never lived =( The pure realism of making your car change direction after it flies through the air after blowing up the twentieth petrol tanker that decided to plow straight into a pile of smouldering wreckage can make grown men weep.

Xterm1n8or
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM

Nice stats!

I love the demo so much and online freeburn is amazing! I can't wait to get the game on friday!

My best demo stats so far:

2 barrel rolls
20,000 yard oncoming
100% parking
14.7 second airtime
1115 yard drift (legit)
47 near misses
621 degree flatspin

I love it when people moan online because they are getting absolutely thrashed. :)

I like the direction the Burnout games are going in, personally speaking.

FreaKyDeaKy
01-23-2008, 06:26 PM
it is sweetttt

Shawn Lesane
01-23-2008, 10:50 PM
This Game Fu**`in rocks !!!!!!!!! Go buy it ;)

Razza-Legend
01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
omg, this gets released tommorow in the uk, and im off to buy it in the afternoon, but im toooo excited, it looks F***ing awsome!!