PDA

View Full Version : Sig Request Idea (Please)

RokBXx
01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I was thinking that we have one "board" under the "Media Forum" that is purely for Signature Request and Signature Pickup. It could work like so:

Say if I would want a signature made by a skilled artist, I would go to the "Signature Request Board" and post my request with the guidelines given which would be the following:

Sig Size (pixels):
Pictures (links):
Matching Avatar (Yes/No):
Other (Colours/ fonts/ text positioning):

When the artist sees my request they will want to accept it and under the request the artist will just type the words "REQUEST TAKEN". After a few hard working hours (lol) the artist will post the finished signature/avatar/large piece under the "Signature Pickup Board" with guidelines such as these:

Signature for (Name goes here):
(Signature goes here)
(Link for signature goes here)
(Avatar goes here/ if any)
(Avatar link goes here/ if any)

Please take my idea into consideration, hey it might work.

Shinobi273
01-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Don't we already have a sig request thread? http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37641

Cold Rival
01-04-2008, 09:31 PM
That's such a good idea, that we already have one. ;)

AJMac
01-04-2008, 09:41 PM
We don't have a board. We merely have a thread. He means a sub-board (I think). I think this would be a great addition. That way, requests done will be easier to recognize and easier to delete.

Cold Rival
01-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Ahh, I see. So each member creates a new thread with their request in?

But wouldn't that clog up the servers with new threads being created left, right and centre? And the method we have right now works too. (Sure, it needs cleaning up every once in a while, but it get's the job done. ;))

Shinobi273
01-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Ahh, I see. So each member creates a new thread with their request in?

But wouldn't that clog up the servers with new threads being created left, right and centre? And the method we have right now works too. (Sure, it needs cleaning up every once in a while, but it get's the job done. ;))

I agree, the system in place works and works well. It's not like we have a ton of artists fighting to do free sig work. If there was a board, it would probably be full of single posts or worse, constant thread bumping. Why havne't you voted no yet Cold Rival?

Sanction
01-04-2008, 10:11 PM
It seems like you just looked down the forum and saw it, lmao.

Cold Rival
01-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Why havne't you voted no yet Cold Rival?

I didn't think it was needed... but....

Happy? :p

Wriggy
01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Which brings me to the classic saying: Don't fix what ain't broke...

Vista
01-04-2008, 11:35 PM
It would be a good idea if a mod or member (like ash3n) could moderate the sub forum and delete threads. This is actually a good idea because a lot of requests (like the one I made not even two days ago) go ignored because a lot of people post in that thread...

Good idea!

RokBXx
01-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Eek... I should have posted it with alot more detail lol. Well now that you guys know what I mean lol.

The Pants Party
01-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah, the threads are good enough. No reason to create more boards when a single thread can take care of everything.

AJMac
01-05-2008, 03:31 PM
I think the thread is quite hard to read. Also, if the thread is maintained properly, you have to flick between the two threads to see what has been done.

J O 12 D
01-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I voted no...its fine how it is.

Minty
01-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Not creating a specific forum for signatures- its the main focus of the media board which is fine.

flipx
01-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Gah I hate these forums for this sorta thing.. I like it when people notice a decent sig and just PM that member requesting one.

With a sig request forum or whatever, it ends up getting so cluttered, un-organised, chaotic and so on.

RokBXx
01-05-2008, 05:45 PM
I think NO over rules the YES so good game everyone you win. I will co-op with the two threads. Plus what Minty says, goes lol.

Ill be hanging around media forums if you need me :D

~RokBXx / Aereon18