PDA

View Full Version : Idiots ruining threads

Waaaaaaaak
06-17-2006, 05:41 PM
So, I had some thoughts on the 'History Channel making games now' thread, since I first read it yesterday.

I log into the site today and read the latest posts in the thread, before submitting mine.

Low and behold, virtually all the posts since I finished reading yesterday have been off topic insults, resulting in the closure of the thread!

Now, personally I don't mind you guys slagging each other off, up to a point! However, the fact that you forced the closure of the thread just pisses me off.

(Suddenly www.xbox360-forums.com looks like a better place to visit)

Carl Showalter
06-17-2006, 05:53 PM
really cause i thought xbox 360 forums looked like a pile of abandoned shite.
P.S. This is my 100th post yay

Waaaaaaaak
06-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Congrats on the 'Senior Member' status.

You're exactly right, that site does look like a piece of crap.

However it may not be filled with retards!!

DaKing240
06-17-2006, 07:12 PM
I personally would have deleted the last 10 posts and kept the thread open. Oh well.

Waaaaaaaak
06-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Hadn't thought of that! Yes that would have been a good course of action.

Mind you, then the mod would have been the recipient of insults for deleting posts - they just can't win.

I think maybe it's time some of these banning threats were acted upon!

Helacool360
06-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Looks like cottoneyekeith is already a member of that site:p

Minty
06-17-2006, 07:27 PM
people involved have been warned repeadly- and bans will be issued if they continue.

if we delete the threads, then we do get stick for it. And the postss just then reappear somewhere else.

If you cant play nicely.....

DaKing240
06-17-2006, 07:46 PM
The mod did the right thing either way. They took action, and I could care less what the people would say to respond to the action taken. Its simple, follow the directions and keep conversation civil and friendly.

The Perfect Gun
06-18-2006, 02:57 AM
I told that one guy to stop posting there, but it kept on doing it. Sorry if I got mad, but I did not start it at all.

Minty
06-18-2006, 08:44 AM
I told that one guy to stop posting there, but it kept on doing it. Sorry if I got mad, but I did not start it at all.

But you used to me the one that started it all. And in a thread every 5 minutes.

And youll still always be the one to react. The number of warnings youve had, you just need to let stuff go.

Your posts about people spamming are just as much spam

snafegeeza
06-18-2006, 10:24 AM
This has been getting slowly worse over the past few months has this problem. To be honest I dont think their is a lot the mods can do about it apart from locking threads, but people have had threads locked before that I was interested in. Me and webbs were talking about joining a new forum the other day but the regular members here are sound. Just wish the spam was cut down. And I think bans are now neccessary for the constant perpatrators to turn this forum around.;)

Minty
06-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Dont worry Snafe, the Iron fist is down.

We are now operating on a shoot ot kill basis :p

snafegeeza
06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Good to hear.

The minority of bozo's are ruining this forum for the majority of decent people on here and no doubt scaring future members away. Hitler-esq was a term that was used about webb, but we could do with a few more adolfs.:nana

Minty
06-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Hitler was a pussy compared to the Minty

Psycence
06-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Aye, round where minty lives its nothing but the master race left for miles around ;)

Waaaaaaaak
06-18-2006, 11:15 AM
LOL!

I'm never coming down south again!