PDA

View Full Version : GS Not Updating

HoodMod
01-05-2008, 02:44 AM
Last night, I played Dead Rising (offline) and got two achievements, and neither of them have updated yet onto my gamercard anywhere, not even on xbox.com, which is usually immediate with these things. I played another game offline today and got a few achievements which have updated onto xbox.com. Are those two Dead Rising achievements just never gonna show? When I boot my 360 it says I have 40 more points then will show here. Would this be related to XBL troubles?

Jdm
01-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Did you boot up Dead Rising again while on Live? Sometimes booting up the game on Live will update your Gamerscore.

On the other hand, it could be related to the Xbox Live "plague" we've all been experiencing. If your other Achievements from other games have updated onto your score, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Sanction
01-05-2008, 03:00 AM
This happened to me when I got all of em in Avatar, yes I'm ashamed, but whatever. It will update eventually, LIVE is really messed up so that might have something to do with it.

HoodMod
01-05-2008, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the responses, I'll try booting it up w/ live.

DoM cAbAn
01-05-2008, 03:09 AM
This happened to me a few days ago. I was online when I got an Achievement in Mass Effect, and then a few hours later, it still had not updated on Xbox.com. It finally updated the following day...

Echoes248
01-05-2008, 08:07 AM
ive been having trouble with that as well...i bring my 360 to my girlfriends house alot and she doesnt have a wireless network and whatever i unlock over there takes a while to update even after i get back home and on xbox live
ill try booting the disk while connected to live see if it works

HoodMod
01-05-2008, 08:13 AM
It finally updated a lil while back, booting up the game with live works I guess.

Gun-Nut
01-05-2008, 08:49 AM
If you was on LIVE when you got the achievements you just got to wait really :P Been playing quite a bit of Gears on the PC and then when switching to my 360 its not updated, just got to wait.

gatorbait
01-08-2008, 05:21 AM
I've experienced this a few times. Sometimes putting the game back in and connecting to live works but a lot of times it just will fix itself soon enough. I hate seeing my score not changing on a game but when I click the game it has the updated achievement. Oh well, it's MS! We may never know their ways.

vhayste
01-08-2008, 05:42 AM
When you played the game offline and unlocked some achievements, your GS will be updated the next time you connect to Live. Sometimes it does take a while to update but that's not often.

Siege Is Like
01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
as everyone has said - the system is a little laggy. the functionality has returned, but viewing leaderboards in any of the online fps games takes roughly 1-2 mins to load for me, so that may be working with game achievements too.

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
01-09-2008, 08:37 PM
my achievement were not showing up on my dashboard but they were online and when i took a couple of hours break i came back and it had updated.. so i dont knkow

puckup
01-09-2008, 08:47 PM
no you just need to log onto xbox live