PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Glitch

Waaaaaaaak
06-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Playing with the top guys yesterday, they confirmed a suspicion I'd had for a while now:

The Beast manged to post a 40 on Pinehurst yesterday, a score that is virtually impossible, considering the extreme slope on the greens. Even more puzzling was his 76 stableford points, mathematically impossible, given the amount of par 3's and 5's on Pinehurst.

When asked about this, he confirmed that he actually scored the 40 on
Riviera the day before, yet didn't make his last putt until the tournament had changed to Pinehurst (around 0800 GMT). His score from Riviera carried over onto the scoreboard for Pinehurst yesterday - and obviously he won.

Some of you may remember Roadkillriot posting a 43 on Pinehurst in tour mode two Sundays ago. Well apparently (and now obviously) he too used this glitch, posting the 43 with spin on the previous tournament.

Some of the crazy scores that people are making (on difficult courses) now make much more sense to me.

Thought you may like to know!

Minty
06-17-2006, 06:26 PM
i knew there was a reason why i wasnt winning them :p

it was 8.15 this morning they changed btw- quit out after a shit tee-shot and then couldnt figure out why it looked different on the next tee-shot lol

Waaaaaaaak
06-17-2006, 06:41 PM
LOL

Am tempted to post a 42 on Sawgrass today and pause it until it changes to Tour mode in the morning (probably Carnoustie tomorrow).

Mind you, I guess that's sucumming to the 'if everyone else cheats, so will I', mentality.

Minty
06-17-2006, 06:45 PM
yeah, i was thinking of doing a 42- may push it down to a 41 if i can be arsed :nana

its not realy cheating that much tho- not like you havent shot a 42 at some point

Waaaaaaaak
06-17-2006, 06:51 PM
yeah, i was thinking of doing a 42- may push it down to a 41 if i can be arsed :nana

its not realy cheating that much tho- not like you havent shot a 42 at some point

Nice!

I see what you mean. However, there's a big difference between shooting a 42 on TPC Medium with spin (don't even need to chip-in, wind permitting), and posting a 42 in tour mode.

Would I be a dick to try? (I just don't know)

Minty
06-17-2006, 06:57 PM
i know it harder to shoot a 42 on tournament mode,but it should still be respected asits not that easy to shoot a 42 in any way.

and you deserve the points as youve shot the lowest score on a tournament before and not got the points.

if i could, i would ;)

DaKing240
06-17-2006, 07:07 PM
It is a glitch, and since it is the only way to get the achievement, I say do it. I am against those who load up someone elses game and saves, and therefore does no work. If you can shoot a 42 on the course...then best of luck to you.

Your also not screwing anyone over, since anyone can do it.

Waaaaaaaak
06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
So I decided not to try this, as it'd be pretty sad (especially as I've already got the achievement).

Instead, I played Carnoustie in Tour mode. I had an amazing round for tour mode and got a 44, but came second on points, to a guy who did use the glitch (he got his 44 on TPC).
I have to say it's pretty dam annoying and I'll never use this glitch now, incase I steal a win from someone who deserves it.

Webb
06-22-2006, 09:18 PM
So I decided not to try this, as it'd be pretty sad (especially as I've already got the achievement).

Instead, I played Carnoustie in Tour mode. I had an amazing round for tour mode and got a 44, but came second on points, to a guy who did use the glitch (he got his 44 on TPC).
I have to say it's pretty dam annoying and I'll never use this glitch now, incase I steal a win from someone who deserves it.

But would you do it for the achievement though if you didn't have it? I'd have to hit a 42 first! LOL

Waaaaaaaak
06-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Well, I suppose I may have.

But the reason I kept trying everyday (before I won) was because I wanted to win the tournament (didn't even know it was one of the achievements). I just wanted the satisfaction of being the best, at least once.

I'm guessing Superdrag1931 (the glitcher) did it for the achievement, as I haven't seen him post a score again.

I guess that the achievement is so difficult (less than 20 people have it I believe) that it's not the worst thing someone can do. So I'm not too bothered.

(Send me your memory cards and envelopes full of cash)

Webb
06-22-2006, 10:07 PM
I've put my 360 in the post instead ;) LOL

I'll wait till Tiger 07 is out before I win this achievement on this version ;)

Minty
06-22-2006, 10:10 PM
(Send me your memory cards and envelopes full of cash)

how much :p

Webb
06-22-2006, 10:12 PM
how much :p

Scary thing is, your serious! :nana

Waaaaaaaak
06-23-2006, 04:55 PM
ROFL! Went to bed and missed all that last night.

I recon a lot of people will think of waiting until next year's version is out, to get this achievement. Hopefully not too many though.

Webb
06-23-2006, 05:36 PM
It'll be something I do one day next year or something and think to myself on a boring afternoon, oh, I know what I'll do ;)

Waaaaaaaak
06-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Can't leave it too long though. Apparently, they turn the online servers off about 6 months after the release of the new game.

Surely Minty wasn't actually serious!

Were you Mints?