PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question

SRH KRONIC
01-05-2008, 04:33 AM
But I've been trying to figure this out can you create a World Tour band on live or does it have to be Local??? Me and my friends want to start a band but none of us can figure it out.

zdarko43
01-05-2008, 04:34 AM
just local right now. theres rumors of the game will have a patch sometime early this year thatll allow online world tour, but as of yet nothing my friend. sorry!

OldWIKI TIK
01-05-2008, 04:40 AM
yep, world band tour can be done only locally now.:mad: I hope they fix it. My friends and i just play player matches together instead.

Bodangles
01-05-2008, 05:22 AM
omgZ i hope that patch sucks. my friends ail easy guitar. my father laughed at them. i need an expert bassist for un mil aficianados!

zdarko43
01-05-2008, 05:34 AM
when they get this update finally patched up, last i hear its set for mid-late feb, i'll be your expert bassist. :) once we get the 1mil fans we don't have to worry about being on expert for the rest of the game should we choose not to. (minus the endless setlist)

SRH KRONIC
01-05-2008, 05:36 AM
That really sucks thats like the whole reason I got Rockband rather than GH3 is that I could start a ful band with my friends,
Oh well lets pray for the patch

Bodangles
01-05-2008, 05:45 AM
That really sucks thats like the whole reason I got Rockband rather than GH3 is that I could start a ful band with my friends,

i love playing with them, from the person side. from the achievement craving side, it's like OMFGZ WTFZORZ IS THE PROBL3M WIF U? still a jolly good time.

OldWIKI TIK
01-05-2008, 05:56 AM
If it makes you feel better, you cannot do coop career online on GH3 either.:mad:

TwistedFate
01-05-2008, 01:44 PM

Didn't think to look into it before you bought it? It wasn't a secret that it was local only.

OldWIKI TIK
01-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Dont forget, you can play songs as a band online, just not the WBT.

Chupathingy13
01-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm sort of glad they they "delayed" it, if that's what they're really doing. It was fun constantly having people at my house trying to get the achieves for me. But after I realized that I am NEVER going to get the "big in _____" achieves with most of the crowd over here playing on medium, I started thinking that an online BWT would make the achievements much easier to sustain.

ASTROBL4ACK
01-06-2008, 06:53 AM
It seems nearly impossible to have this option without having hundreds of problems. I mean, just imagine the possibilities...

Feel My Rage
01-06-2008, 07:11 AM
It seems nearly impossible to have this option without having hundreds of problems. I mean, just imagine the possibilities...
Imagining....Imagining.....

Nope.I'm brain-dead at the moment.

Wish this would happen though....I mean,I don't wanna have to drag my friend over to my house 24/7 just so I can get anywhere in BWT.Besides,I like not having to try and play every instrument in 5 different bands.....least if they had this i could stick to a sting instrument or drumming....

ASTROBL4ACK
01-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Imagining....Imagining.....

Nope.I'm brain-dead at the moment.

Wish this would happen though....I mean,I don't wanna have to drag my friend over to my house 24/7 just so I can get anywhere in BWT.Besides,I like not having to try and play every instrument in 5 different bands.....least if they had this i could stick to a sting instrument or drumming....

For instance.

Say you have a 4 person band, but only 2 of you can play at the moment, you play and beat a few gigs. Would that mean the other 2 players who weren't playing at the time beat those gigs?

Bodangles
01-06-2008, 02:38 PM
that's a good question. are you saying that you have multiple gamertags on an xbox and in a band, but if X plays without Y, will Y still get the achievement for an endless setlist? because that's a good question. i always figured that the band's progress was saved as opposed to individuals in the band, but this definitely changes things.

ASTROBL4ACK
01-06-2008, 02:52 PM
that's a good question. are you saying that you have multiple gamertags on an xbox and in a band, but if X plays without Y, will Y still get the achievement for an endless setlist? because that's a good question. i always figured that the band's progress was saved as opposed to individuals in the band, but this definitely changes things.

Absolutly what I meant.

Bodangles
01-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Absolutly what I meant.

ha we need a guinea pig to test this out. i'll have my friend create one on his hard drive, but that won't be until next weekend. on a sidenote, do you really have 80 million fans? that's absurd!

Feel My Rage
01-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Hmmmm....tuche(sorry,i dunno how to make the 'e' accented....)

I dunno then.....I still would like to see it but you brought up a good pont with that....

And on a side note astro,I thought it was "for instance",not "for instands"?Or am I just stupid?

TwistedFate
01-06-2008, 03:38 PM
No need to have your friend test it. I can answer it. It's actually common sense, though. You don't play, you don't get achievements.

The band leader is the save point. If the band leader is X, that is the profile that progress will save to. That's why the leader has to be present at all times and the rest of the players don't matter. Think of everyone but the leader as Studio Musicians. They can be swapped at will and it doesn't affect anything since in BWT no progress is saved to their profiles. Players have access to all gigs that the Band Leader has access to and only the gigs the Band Leader has access to.

If you normally have X, Y, Z, and A playing but one day only X and Z can play and you unlock a 'Big In' achievement, then only X and Z get the achievement. When Y and A return you have to play the last set in the city again for them to get the 'Big In' achievement.

This can also work in reverse to peoples advantage. Say you have already completed the Hall of Fame set and gotten the achievement. A friend comes over who hasn't done any BWT yet and wants to play. You only need to play the Hall of Fame set for him to get that achievement. The same for the Van, Bus, Jet, etc... achievements.

Here is a concrete example for both instances. My band has 4 members using my profile as band leader on guitar. I usually play drums and have my girlfriends daughter play guitar under my profile (she doesn't have her own profile). In going for one of the 'Big Ins' we needed to play on Hard, and she can't play on Hard. So I hopped off drums and played guitar for that set. My dummy profile I'm using for the drummer didn't get the achievement since we had no drummer. Later, we got the Hall Of Fame, but due to some recovery issues when Live was having problem, my girlfriend lost the Hall of Fame achievement since it recovered to an older copy of her profile. Since the guitarist (leader) had the Hall of Fame set available we played just the Hall of Fame set again and she got the achievement for it again.

ASTROBL4ACK
01-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Hmmmm....tuche(sorry,i dunno how to make the 'e' accented....)

I dunno then.....I still would like to see it but you brought up a good pont with that....

And on a side note astro,I thought it was "for instance",not "for instands"?Or am I just stupid?

Eh, my bad. I was tired and didn't check my post for spelling mistakes.

But yes, I have 87 million fans at the moment. That goes to show how insanely time consuming completing the Band World Tour is.

ClutchPapi34
01-06-2008, 04:52 PM
It can only be in local which sucks :mad: I would definately buy this if you could do world band tour online.