PDA

View Full Version : Submit X Amount of Achievement Pictures Award

Bodangles
01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
that award is appallingly ugly! i see many people with it and it really is just ughh. i was just wondering if anybody or the award designer person could or has created something for it. i took valuable time out of my day to examplify what they could do. the first thing you're going to think is, "I'll never be the artist he is" and i want you to know that it's okay. Nobody will be.

Gold
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/VAstatewars4/GoldPicAward.jpg

Silver
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/VAstatewars4/SilverPicAward.jpg

Bronze
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/VAstatewars4/BronzePicAward.jpg

note that PIC very well means the letters P I C. just like MOD or RT. just an opinion after looking at too many ???s. thanks for the time :)

Webb
01-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Wow, I love the submissions picture. Simple and straight to the point. I think others will agree... But if I'm wrong, then I may have to get a remedy for it :p

Vista
01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
There should be separate awards for like screenshots too:

Bronze- Screenshot apprentice

Silver- Screenshot Master

Gold- Screenshot Samurai

J O 12 D
01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh my god...why have we still got the old rewards when Dangle has submitted these?

A Polish Panda
01-05-2008, 08:48 PM
What the hell is an unknown achievement picture? I know this might not be the place but I've always wondered

Bodangles
01-05-2008, 08:48 PM
There should be separate awards for like screenshots too:

Bronze- Screenshot apprentice

Silver- Screenshot Master

Gold- Screenshot Samurai

hahaha that last one is creative. i like it. i know you don't like those ??? in your award collection ;). i guess either way it matters more what it stands for over what it looks like. the worst part is i haven't submitted any pictures (i don't understand how you know when they aren't correct and all that good stuff). anyways, yeah. something simple, but quality.

EDIT-
Oh my god...why have we still got the old rewards when Dangle has submitted these?
I KNOW.

Bax x360a
01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
What the hell is an unknown achievement picture? I know this might not be the place but I've always wondered
A picture that is unknown...lol. Pretty much if the sites only got the blanked out version in the achievement list and you unlock it, you'll have the coloured version on xbox.com, then submit it in the submit forums so that the site can add it to the achievement list and have a nice colourful image instead of a boring black and white image.

A Polish Panda
01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
A picture that is unknown...lol. Pretty much if the sites only got the blanked out version in the achievement list and you unlock it, you'll have the coloured version on xbox.com, then submit it in the submit forums so that the site can add it to the achievement list and have a nice colourful image instead of a boring black and white image. Thank you very much.

HoodMod
01-05-2008, 08:59 PM

From the front page you can go to Missing Achievements and see what the site needs. Although most of these are either Japanese or extremely skill based.

Bodangles
01-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow, I love the submissions picture. Simple and straight to the point. I think others will agree... But if I'm wrong, then I may have to get a remedy for it :p

haaaaaaaaa i just had an epiphany about what the ? stands for. it's not for no picture it represents the whole unknown picture. and the frame of the picture represents the size of the award. great idea! i still think that the frame color should not represent the size of the award, mainly because of the small portion of the award represents. i have gone deep within my artistic soul and dug these out.

Gold
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/VAstatewars4/NewGold.jpg

Silver
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/VAstatewars4/NewSilver.jpg

Bronze (the ? would be white. duh.)
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/VAstatewars4/NewBronze.jpg

this allows for the persons' achievements (no pun intended oh ho ho) to be more recognized. yup. my four cents.

J O 12 D
01-06-2008, 06:35 PM
From the front page you can go to Missing Achievements and see what the site needs. Although most of these are either Japanese or extremely skill based.

I don't think you understood what I meant...
I said' Why have we still got the old rewards' with the intention of saying we should get rid of the old achievement submission picture and replace them with Dangles awesome new award.

Bax x360a
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Thank you very much.
No Problemo

haaaaaaaaa i just had an epiphany about what the ? stands for. it's not for no picture it represents the whole unknown picture. and the frame of the picture represents the size of the award. great idea! i still think that the frame color should not represent the size of the award, mainly because of the small portion of the award represents. i have gone deep within my artistic soul and dug these out.

Gold
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/VAstatewars4/NewGold.jpg

Silver
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/VAstatewars4/NewSilver.jpg

Bronze (the ? would be white. duh.)
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/VAstatewars4/NewBronze.jpg

this allows for the persons' achievements (no pun intended oh ho ho) to be more recognized. yup. my four cents.
Give up :p I'm sure the effort is appreciated by everyone, but I think everybody else shares my opinion when they say the current awards look fine; neat and uncomplicated, does the trick nicely.

Zef
01-07-2008, 01:43 PM
The current ones are fine, if you say they are bad then there will be crap new ones like the crap staff badges. Although I like the idea of changing the names (suggested as having screenshot submissions but could work for achievement pictures).

The bronze, silver gold thing is just easier to get ones head around but new names would be more interesting.

Bodangles
01-07-2008, 10:57 PM
i'll give up. but i think the new staff awards look great. and the achievement awards, i just don't like icky sticky gray. but i am giving up.

Zef, what does PB mean in your sig? i'm thinking, well what i'm thinkning is completely time-wasting and useless. but still i am wondering.

Netnabi4
01-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Zef, what does PB mean in your sig? i'm thinking, well what i'm thinkning is completely time-wasting and useless. but still i am wondering.

I always wondered that too. I have come up with a short list of ideas but most of them will make me look stupid so I'm just gonna wait and see if i at least got one of them right.

Xterm1n8or
01-07-2008, 11:59 PM
PB = personal best, correct me if i'm wrong Zef. :)

I guess you guys don't watch athletics!

Netnabi4
01-08-2008, 12:12 AM
PB = personal best, correct me if i'm wrong Zef. :)

I guess you guys don't watch athletics!

I love athletics! I'm actually pretty good at baseball trivia too. I've never heard of that abbreviation though.

Xterm1n8or
01-08-2008, 12:20 AM
I love athletics! I'm actually pretty good at baseball trivia too. I've never heard of that abbreviation though.

Oh cool, by athletics i mean like the Olympics, track and field, 100m sprint etc. I'm pretty sure personal best is a phrase used world wide in athletics but i could be wrong.

Bodangles
01-08-2008, 12:21 AM
ha don't question my fanhood ;) it just makes no sense in the context of the signature, but hey. play with flibble and you're gonna get victimized.

and personal best is used world wide, but the abbreviation isn't really well known (i guess). i think it's more of the first two letters out together than an abbreviation, but what do i know?:p

Netnabi4
01-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh cool, by athletics i mean like the Olympics, track and field, 100m sprint etc. I'm pretty sure personal best is a phrase used world wide in athletics but i could be wrong.

I figured those in aswell. Thanks for clearing it up though. I knew the phrase just not the abbreviation.

Xterm1n8or
01-08-2008, 12:27 AM
I figured those in aswell. Thanks for clearing it up though. I knew the phrase just not the abbreviation.

Yeah sorry i didnt want to sound patronising i just wasn't sure the term "Athletics" meant the exact same kind of disciplines in America as in the rest of the world so i just wanted to make sure :p.

And iDangle mate, as for the PB in Zef's sig not making sense, perhaps Mr Flibble has graced many forums before this one, and his PB number of victims is 416, only Zef can answer.....

Or perhaps it just doesn't make sense :p

Anyway i've just realised we've totally hijacked a thread about Achievements pictures and turned it into an Athletics thread lol, so back on topic!

Marx0r
01-08-2008, 02:30 AM
The pics are fine. It's the levels that I find weird. Copy-pasting one picture from sufoor's mcg account will get you a medal. Writing two in-depth, high-quality achievement guides will not. Something's wrong there.

Bodangles
01-08-2008, 03:37 AM
The pics are fine. It's the levels that I find weird. Copy-pasting one picture from sufoor's mcg account will get you a medal. Writing two in-depth, high-quality achievement guides will not. Something's wrong there.

but three will :) i mean i don't control the awards or decide who gets what when, but i know writing a guide isn't enough. i'm pretty sure collaborations don't count (unless it is dead rising style). still, it is just an award. people should do these things to better the site, not their award collection. no offense meant in any of that, if you were offended :)

Marx0r
01-08-2008, 04:31 AM
but three will :) i mean i don't control the awards or decide who gets what when, but i know writing a guide isn't enough. i'm pretty sure collaborations don't count (unless it is dead rising style). still, it is just an award. people should do these things to better the site, not their award collection. no offense meant in any of that, if you were offended :)

Let me put it this way.

Player A goes to sufoor's mcg, and notices he's hacked an achievement that x360a is missing. He hits a few buttons.

Player B plays 3 games, gains a thorough understanding of them, and writes fantastic achievement guides on all of them, spending a few days on each one.

They both get a medal, which kind of implies that they did the same amount of work.

Bodangles
01-08-2008, 05:32 AM
i agree with everything but the last statement. i believe it is implied, or should be inferred, that Player B has done more work. the awards aren't seen as equal (to me) at least. if somebody has an award for 1000 posts and that is all, but i compare him to somebody who has gold in guides and pictures who do you respect more? i don't know who i would, but i do know that both of them are benefitting the community, so i have no problem with it. however, i have said it three times now, nobody should be doing these things for the award. they are good motivation, but quality is key.

and this is not bashing anybody, btw :)

Zef
01-08-2008, 01:57 PM
I was under the impression that the guide award were getting overhauled so they better reflect the effort people put in, but there problem you have there is how different games can have wildly different achievement guides. The Bulletwitch guide for example includes a huge walkthrough instead of the usual 'complete the stage, speaks for itself' which Wreckon Dracgon must have put quite a bit of effort into, whereas the Avatar guide isn't exactly a masterpiece since it mainly contains a random youtube video. But with new awards both would be rewarded equally when there is an obvious gap in the effort put in =)

And to answer the incredibly off topic banter, PB does indeed mean Personal Best. It is my current best archery score out of 600 (which I plan of demolishing once again with the almighty Flibble-bow). And you must refer to Mr.Flibble as Mr.Flibble, not Flibble. Anyone that does that is just asking for an icicle to be inserted about their person.