PDA

View Full Version : Idea

Bear
01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not but here i go

I think there should be some awards added to the current list which encourage people on this site to help each other get achievements and the person who helped can get nominated for an award off the person/people he or she helped eg. if someone helped me get misson 4 and 6 done on halo 3 legendary then after they helped i would tell a admin or mod that this person helped me and that person would get an award therefore i would get the achievements i need and they would get an award for helping me and everyone wins

J O 12 D
01-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I actually think that would actually be an alright idea.
Achievement assisstance award? repitition ;)

Bronze achievement assisstance - Helped fellow members gain achievements on 5 games.

Silver achievement assisstance - Helped fellow members gain achievements on 10 games.

Gold achievement assisstance - Helped fellow members gain achievements on 15 games.

Just a thought :)

Bear
01-06-2008, 12:40 AM
yeah that would be a good idea

Adam Miller
01-06-2008, 01:06 AM
It would be good but achievements are done by admins so you would have to be recommended so it would be quite a process.

Oh and those who write achievement guides are helping lots of people get achievements. ;)

J O 12 D
01-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Adam I dont think you understand fully what he means, he means if people help him gain achievements by boosting or doing co-op etc.

Otisbum
01-06-2008, 01:58 AM
That warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you help someone should be enough, no?

Aside from this feature probably getting abused, I don't really see a need for it. Most users who help others recieve help in return, so everything normally ends up even.

Then again, I'm not one to judge on what would make a good award and what wouldn't.

xX MaslaN Xx
01-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Adam I dont think you understand fully what he means, he means if people help him gain achievements by boosting or doing co-op etc.

I think I asked about something like this before.....

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6998

Scotian Bred
01-06-2008, 05:14 AM
To hard to prove and easily abused by friends .. i say scrap it .. we are all here to help one another .. so everyone would get the award .. and thats over 40,000 awards to pass out which equals .. NAH good concept but to hard to control !

Ingles
01-06-2008, 05:20 AM
I don't want to sound pessimistic, but how does helping another gamer get some achievements help the community or website as a whole? When you look at the awards that are already in place, are they not designed with the intent of encouraging members to help the website and community grow? It's the collective work of the community that makes this website the best Xbox 360 achievements website that there is! :woop: :drunk

I think several people need to look at the fine line between "awards" and "achievements" and how they are not related by any means necessary. Sure they can seem somewhat similar but rest assured that even though I can't guarantee it (site admins approval pending), I'm positive that they are not. Ask the admins who developed the site and created the awards and see what they think? I feel great about helping a fellow x360a forum member get an achievement as well as being helped to gain and achievement. For me, the awards are about encouraging forum members to, as I said earlier, help the website x360a.org as well as the community grow and expand as a whole. Not to mention, they are also designed for a whole lot of fun gaming with fellow forum members to try and earn tournament awards. Feel free to post comments or opinions. I love hearing ideas and points of view. For any admins, mods, or staff please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken about what the purpose of the awards are. :)

Spartan EXR
01-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't know. It sounds a little cool though?

Fonkey Monkey
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
this would all be a long and unnecessary process.
tracking nearly every member here(only a few people here dont boost.) would be extremely difficult if done by hand.
but maybe if a feature were made something like the referall system. that would be the only way i could ever see this working.