PDA

View Full Version : Secret Achievements Being Hidden

K1ng K00p4
01-06-2008, 05:53 AM
I love this site. And I love tracking my achievements. I don't love spoilers. Is there anyway we can get the secret achievements to be hidden, since in order to save the changes to my achievements on any one game one has to scroll right by the secret ones, and then click when the text to those secret ones are sitting right there. And one may have a tendency to read really fast. One may have done with with Bioshock (regretably).

I figured this could be made possible, since there is a show/hide completed achievements button already.

Thanks, and if this isn't possible then I guess I'll just have to learn not to read those.

zdarko43
01-06-2008, 05:56 AM
thats actually a pretty good idea, and i actually was kinda thinking about that, but then i told myself that any game that i'm not playing strictly for achievements that i'll play through once before looking at any guides or help information unless absolutely necessary.

:)

but yeah if that was implemented i may feel more encouraged to look at the game achievement list. :)

Bax x360a
01-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm liking the idea of having the secret achievements hidden until you choose to show them, although most achievement whoares wouldnt be able to resist a little peak and end up ruining them anyway, so i'm not sure whether the effort would be worth it.

M85A21
01-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Well if you are looking at a list or something there is a line saying "SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS" don't read them ;)

Minty
01-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Well if you are looking at a list or something there is a line saying "SECRET ACHIEVEMENTS" don't read them ;)

Basically, spot on. Achievements are given for going through the game. If you look at the list before you play the game, its a choice you make which risks spoilers.

Like watching a trailer at for a movie- you will be given a glimpse of the film

leon007jman
01-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I personally found this website trying to find out what the secret achievements were. I like knowing what achievements that I am missing.

Vogey77
01-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I personally found this website trying to find out what the secret achievements were. I like knowing what achievements that I am missing.

Me too, came across this site way back when when I was tryin to find out the secret achievements in TH Project 8.

KingGotenW
01-06-2008, 05:42 PM
there is a reason the secret achievments are at the bottom and seperated from the rest of the achievments... just scroll down far enough so that the bottom of your screen say secret achievments, you can see all the non-secret ones w/o revealing the secrets.

NyteRayne
01-06-2008, 06:06 PM
there is a reason the secret achievments are at the bottom and seperated from the rest of the achievments... just scroll down far enough so that the bottom of your screen say secret achievments, you can see all the non-secret ones w/o revealing the secrets.

Ahh, but if you are updating which achievements you have then you have to scroll past the secret achievements and it can be easy to accidentally catch a glance at one that you did not want to know about. At least, that is what I think they are saying. I personally don't care either way, but having the options to hide them would be nice and wouldn't really affect people who want to see them or don't care.

RoutineX
01-06-2008, 06:29 PM
We're having this family thing now, so can't work on it now. The script will be similar to the "show/hide completed achievements", so it shouldn't be that hard to do.

I'll start working on it later today or tomorrow morning.

J O 12 D
01-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Looking forward to the update Routine, Cheers

K1ng K00p4
01-06-2008, 06:56 PM

You missed the part where I said that one must scroll past the secret achievements in order to update the non-secret ones if one is using the My360Achievements list. It's easy to glance at words when you do so, especially when it takes time to load the updated page. I know this because I've done it.

Basically, spot on. Achievements are given for going through the game. If you look at the list before you play the game, its a choice you make which risks spoilers.

Like watching a trailer at for a movie- you will be given a glimpse of the film

Yes, and I look at the lists, on the Xbox where the Secret ones are hidden. I update my achievements on here as I get them because I like to track my achievements. I don't look at the secret ones and therefore don't track my secret ones until I finish the game. Since for some games most of the secret ones are story related.

And some movie trailers have clips that aren't even in the movie. And sometimes they percieve movies as funny, and they aren't. Movie trailers are misleading.

We're having this family thing now, so can't work on it now. The script will be similar to the "show/hide completed achievements", so it shouldn't be that hard to do.

I'll start working on it later today or tomorrow morning.

Thank you. I look forward to this.

TheColdWolf
01-07-2008, 02:56 AM
I'm liking the idea of having the secret achievements hidden until you choose to show them, although most achievement whoares wouldnt be able to resist a little peak and end up ruining them anyway, so i'm not sure whether the effort would be worth it.

It sounds like a good idea, but any time i get a new game or going to get one i can't resist(Either) looking at them including the secret ones before i get the game.

mjda
01-07-2008, 03:56 AM
Yeah, I'm totally digging this idea myself. It's awfully tough NOT to read all of the achievements once you're already on the page, and this would be a great way of not spoiling the game for anyone.

Bax x360a
01-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Just had a little idea, how about having some sort or symbol or colour next to the achievement list which indentifies whether the games secret achievements contain single player achievements and might ruin the storyline for you, and therefore dont look? A red triangle with a full stop in perhaps? I'm sure something like that with a key saying what it is would have stopped more people from reading Bioshocks achievements and ruining the game for themselves. Just a thought :)

K1ng K00p4
01-27-2008, 05:05 AM
Hey, I was just wondering, since I suggested this idea and it as implimented do I get the award for submitting an idea that was implimented. I actually saw the award and that's what made me think of the idea to suggest. Just curious. I didn't know who to contact for this so I figured I'd just post it here. Thanks.

x23DrPepper23x
01-27-2008, 06:13 AM
that happened to me to I say like you have to click something and it takes you to another page and that will help because I now know what happens at the end of mass effect because I accedentally read the post!! so thanks!!;)

~Peppa

Marx0r
01-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Man, if you really want to get into a game, screw the forums. For COD4, Saint's Row, Bioshock, and Halo 3, I didn't even glimpse the achievements or the forums for it. I wanted to play through the storyline and immerse myself in it. I tried to do the same with Assassin's creed, but someone named Sanction, whose name I won't mention, ruined it for me.

AlphaXGamerXDad
01-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Just noticed today that this has been implemented. Excellent job! I already used it to block the secrets for Half Life 2: Episode 2. This site gets better everyday. Keep up the good work fellas.

nbStryker
01-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, what an excellent idea...not sure how often I'll use it, as I try to get as far into a game before my first look at any acheivement list, FAQ, or similar help.

megadeth12691
01-27-2008, 07:54 PM
I like that idea very much