PDA

View Full Version : Gamerscore Award Idea

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Since x360a is a site based on getting achievements and raising your gamerscore, I believe that it would make since if the members were recognized for having a large gamerscore. What I was thinking is that there should be awards for members who have reached milestones such as 50k, 75k, and 100k (or more).

Right now there are 112 members who have over 50k, 32 members who have over 75k, and 7 who have over 100k. (according to the registered leader board)

If you compare this to the number of post awards, there are 69 members with 1k, 3 with 5k, and 1 with 10k.

I think that anyone that has a high amount of legit gamerscore should be recognized and deserving of an award that shows hard work and dedication. Not to bash on the post award, but I think that many people would be more proud of a gamerscore award than how many posts they have.

If the awards are meant to not be given out unless you are helping out the site, or only to a select few, then fine this idea goes down the hole. But if awards are to be shown for the PURPOSE of this site, then what better way than by rewarding those who deserve it most. In return, the members with high amounts of gamerscore are actually helping those that choose to raise their posts and those that write guides by giving them feedback such as this works, this doesn't, I found an easier way, etc. We all would win and those that deserve it would be given a very prestigious award and feeling of accomplishment of something that not all people can do.

So what does everyone think?

HoodMod
01-07-2008, 01:38 AM
You just want an award for 50k. :), jk. I'm not sure. What do admins think? It does show dedication but doesn't seem fair for those members who join that already have large scores. High post counts show your dedication to the site, but gamerscore, does that really?

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Well the thing is that you would still have to be registered under the site's leaderboard on the front page. In order to get on that you have to already have 150 or how many ever posts as well as the 3 month (I think) qualification. That being said, you would actually have to help out the site before being eligible.

HoodMod
01-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Well the thing is that you would still have to be registered under the site's leaderboard on the front page. In order to get on that you have to already have 150 or how many ever posts as well as the 3 month (I think) qualification. That being said, you would actually have to help out the site before being eligible.

That's a good point.

mjda
01-07-2008, 01:43 AM
I would give the awards starting at 75K. Isn't it fairly easy to get 50K? I mean, you can get over 50K just by getting the achievements listed in the "Quick 1000" forum.

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Absolutely true, and if the admin's dislike handing out the awards, raising the bar to 75k would cut back on giving out 80 awards. (At present time)

Krueger
01-07-2008, 01:45 AM
50k still takes a very long time even with easy games

HoodMod
01-07-2008, 01:47 AM
Yah it's a matter of time and money to get a high gamerscore, and I don't have a lot of money.

mjda
01-07-2008, 01:48 AM
I know that's right, but in order to get an award for gaming, shouldn't it be something relatively hard to do?

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 01:52 AM
You are kidding me by trying to say that 50k is not "hard to do" right? Just because there are so many games on the Easy 1k list, doesn't mean you can get 50k in a week. Games on that list still take on average about 8-10 hours to get the complete 1k. If you take 50 games multiplied by 10 hours is 500 hours or 30,000 minutes. That would be the same as 20 days of straight gaming.

HoodMod
01-07-2008, 01:55 AM
You are kidding me by trying to say that 50k is not "hard to do" right? Just because there are so many games on the Easy 1k list, doesn't mean you can get 50k in a week. Games on that list still take on average about 8-10 hours to get the complete 1k. If you take 50 games multiplied by 10 hours is 500 hours or 30,000 minutes. That would be the same as 20 days of straight gaming.

Well I'm definitely by no means calling that an easy feat. It's taken me a lot of hard work to get to 18k, even if I've been playing a lot of easy games.

Fonkey Monkey
01-07-2008, 01:56 AM
I know that's right, but in order to get an award for gaming, shouldn't it be something relatively hard to do?

come one man you have 0, let us know how long it takes you to get 50k;)
not exactly the hardest thing to do but its not that easy.

i like the idea as long as its for registered users under the leaderboard. otherwise i could see alot of high people coming here and only posting once.

mjda
01-07-2008, 01:58 AM
I didn't mean to say that it could be done in a week. More then likely, though, it can be done in just a few months. I just think it's probably something that most will be able to do given the time. Also, the more games that are released, the easier this will become to achieve. Eventually 50K will be the new 10K, and it will be something you can achieve in a week. You've got to prepare for the future. Don't just give an award for every little thing that can be done now. I would say if you include that someone must have a minimum number of posts, and have been a member here for a certain amount of time, setting it at 50K wouldn't be that bad.

EDIT: I have 0 because I haven't gotten my new 360 yet. This gamertag was only created a few weeks ago. When I do get my 360, I would be willing to bet I could get 50K in under 3 months time.

Krueger
01-07-2008, 01:59 AM
I didn't mean to say that it could be done in a week. More then likely, though, it can be done in just a few months. I just think it's probably something that most will be able to do given the time. Also, the more games that are released, the easier this will become to achieve. Eventually 50K will be the new 10K, and it will be something you can achieve in a week. You've got to prepare for the future. Don't just give an award for every little thing that can be done now. I would say if you include that someone must have a minimum number of posts, and have been a member here for a certain amount of time, setting it at 50K wouldn't be that bad.
It will take so long for 50k to be the new 10k probably after the next xbox

zdarko43
01-07-2008, 02:00 AM
but i dont even know how to register for the leaderboards?? how do i do it? :-P

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 02:03 AM

Exactly and seeing that you are new here, I will give you the benefit of the doubt of not knowing what the requirements of getting on the leaderboards would be. You do have to be a member for 3 months and 150 posts to be on them. I don't think you realize what all goes into getting up to 50k gamerscore. Now granted since you do have 0... I'm sure that you can get up to 10k GS in the first week. But then guess what, you run out of easy games and you have to actually invest some time. If you continue to say things like 50k is going to be something you can get by snapping your fingers and blindfolded, you are going to piss quite a few people here off because 1. You are not showing them respect, 2. You're new here, and 3. You score is 0.

KINGxSAINT
01-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Maybe you need like 250 posts to get the award?

mjda
01-07-2008, 02:12 AM
If you continue to say things like 50k is going to be something you can get by snapping your fingers and blindfolded, you are going to piss quite a few people here off because 1. You are not showing them respect, 2. Your new here, and 3. You score is 0.

I didn't say it would be that easy. In fact, I believe I said 3 months. I don't mean any disrespect to those who have 50K, because I know it's not a walk in the park. I'm simply trying to debate the need for an award based on a 50K GS. I guess I could have just agreed with you, but you did post " So what does everyone think?". I'm just telling you what I think. Sure, I'm new, and I have no GS, but I also have no Xbox. This shouldn't change the fact that I'm still registered on these forums, and have an opinion.

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by Minty http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=83611#post83611)

The Leaderboard can be found here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/leaderboards/leaderboards.php)

If you want to be on the leaderboard, you must:
Been a member of the forum for two months or more
Have 100 posts (Not spam)
Not use GameSavesIf you do not meet these criteria, you will not be placed on the boards, so please do not post. If you do, you may never make it on the leaderboard :p

Please only post a brief sentence, i.e. 'Add me please. My GT is ....... '

Cheers

That is the requirements for the leaderboard. Here zdarko -

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=83611#post83611

Fonkey Monkey
01-07-2008, 02:15 AM
eventually im sure 100k will be fairly obtainable for everyone. but right now its pretty difficult. right now i dont thikn everyone can get 50k, look around the forums. how many have over 50k? not very many.
plus its always nice to have another award:p

HoodMod
01-07-2008, 02:26 AM
I didn't say it would be that easy. In fact, I believe I said 3 months. I don't mean any disrespect to those who have 50K, because I know it's not a walk in the park. I'm simply trying to debate the need for an award based on a 50K GS. I guess I could have just agreed with you, but you did post " So what does everyone think?". I'm just telling you what I think. Sure, I'm new, and I have no GS, but I also have no Xbox. This shouldn't change the fact that I'm still registered on these forums, and have an opinion.

Under three months is fucking bogus. It took me a long time to get 18k and I've invested a lot of time into playing for achievements.

Birky
01-07-2008, 02:32 AM
EDIT: I have 0 because I haven't gotten my new 360 yet. This gamertag was only created a few weeks ago. When I do get my 360, I would be willing to bet I could get 50K in under 3 months time.

Not to flame or anything but you are being a huge prick. You have no idea how hard it is to get 50K, and in under 3 months? Yeah right. I will bet you 1000 MS points you don't get 50K in under 3 months, and since you are so certain of yourself then lets bet! Send me a friend request on the day you get your first achievement and I will wait for 90 days.

mjda
01-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Under three months is fucking bogus. It took me a long time to get 18k and I've invested a lot of time into playing for achievements.

You're also, obviously, not playing games just to get the achievements out of them. There are 7 games equalling 6900 GS that you haven't even played yet just out of the under 5 hours games. More then likely, you could get all of those in just a few days. I'm sure if you tried, and played some of these easy games, you could find yourself moving up quicker than you think.

mjda
01-07-2008, 02:44 AM
I will bet you 1000 MS points you don't get 50K in under 3 months, and since you are so certain of yourself then lets bet! Send me a friend request on the day you get your first achievement and I will wait for 90 days.

I'm not much of a betting man, but I will make you a deal. I'll add you the day I get my 360, before I get even 1 achievement. On that exact day, 3 months later, when I have over 50K, you have to change your signature on this site to whatever I want. If I fail, you can have my signature.

HoodMod
01-07-2008, 02:46 AM
I'm not much of a betting man, but I will make you a deal. I'll add you the day I get my 360, before I get even 1 achievement. On that exact day, 3 months later, when I have over 50K, you have to change your signature on this site to whatever I want. If I fail, you can have my signature.

LOL, I can't wait Birky.

Ingles
01-07-2008, 02:48 AM

A little misconception and it seems as though all is blown out of proportion. For 1. I happen to enjoy hearing other peoples opinions... for 2. What does being new to the forums and having no GS have to do with his ability to give his opinion and why should those be deciding factors in whether or not you chose to take his opinion highly or not and 3. Should we not be excited and happy that mjda has chosen x360a.org as his "one stop shop" gaming place for all achievement information and help. I know that I'm excited and glad that he's chosen to be a part of the x360a community, as we all should! :mad: I'm sure that these forums were not intended to ignore/disregard others opinions, especially about gaming and the happenings of the community.

Mjda, I do apologize and hope that you find your place in the x360a community and try to be as much a part of it as we all have and are. :)

I agree with mjda in saying that yes, 50K could be easily done, especially in a 3 month time as he mentioned. If he rents/buys the right games, he could very well do it in a small time. I personally don't have 50K and could honestly care less about how high I can get my gamerscore, but more so about getting 100% complete with all the games that I do buy/rent.

Now that's my opinion! Carry on...

P.S. It doesn't change the fact that you are registered on the forums and have an opinion. Welcome to x360a! Cheers! :drunk

Birky
01-07-2008, 02:50 AM

Okay then. If you win, you will have to kiss 3 solid months of your social life good bye. Even with that said, your sig will still say "The Birkinat0r has pwnd me" in three months.

EDIT: On topic... I think it is a good Idea but there are too many people with 50K to get the award. Honestly, I think it would work if it was only 100K+ gamers.

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 02:52 AM
That is exactly right Ingles. You are not interested and could care less how high you could get you gamerscore so you could really careless about the award. But guess what everyone, if you CAN get 50k gamerscore in 3 months time, that is one FREAKIN hell of an accomplishment and would be deserving of an award. It works both ways ya see.

Oh and Ingles, I don't know if you were trying to "come to the rescue" of mjda or something, but what ticked most of us off was the way that he seemed to be disrespecting and insulting people with high gamerscore. If you want to be welcomed... go make a member profile.

Also raising it to 75k or 100k would be really cool considering there is no question about it that reaching them is not "easy".

mjda
01-07-2008, 02:53 AM
Thanks Ingles55. It's nice to see someone that is open-minded to what other people have to say. Given, I could have expressed my views in a little less combative manner, but that's not me.

HoodMod
01-07-2008, 02:55 AM
Thanks Ingles55. It's nice to see someone that is open-minded to what other people have to say. Given, I could have expressed my views in a little less combative manner, but that's not me.

Not that I don't respect your opinion and you are still a member of the site but I'm just saying that offends me considering I've tried very hard to get GS and don't have half of 50k.

mjda
01-07-2008, 02:57 AM
Okay then. If you win, you will have to kiss 3 solid months of your social life good bye. Even with that said, your sig will still say "The Birkinat0r has pwnd me" in three months.

I doubt I'll lose, and I'll still continue on with my personal life. I can do this sticking strictly to the games in the "Easy 1000" list. All I have to do is beat a little over one game every 2 days (on average) on the bottom 2 lists, and I can easily knock out that under 5 hour list in 1 weekend. I'm looking at probably 2-3 hours/day on weekdays and kicking in to high gear on the weekends. You will not be nearly as content with what I have to put in your signature as I would be with that line.

Fonkey Monkey
01-07-2008, 03:02 AM
I doubt I'll lose, and I'll still continue on with my personal life. I can do this sticking strictly to the games in the "Easy 1000" list. All I have to do is beat a little over one game every 2 days (on average) on the bottom 2 lists, and I can easily knock out that under 5 hour list in 1 weekend. I'm looking at probably 2-3 hours/day on weekdays and kicking in to high gear on the weekends. You will not be nearly as content with what I have to put in your signature as I would be with that line.

but the thing is once you get done with all of the easy ones its an uphill battle, especially when you dont lock yourself in your basement and play all of the time.
ive had a 360 since launch and i just got 50k not too long ago. granted i havent played a few of the easy 1k games, but you get the idea.

edit: im not trying to be a dick im just saying.

mjda
01-07-2008, 03:09 AM
I know what you mean. I didn't say it would be easy, just doable. I can beat all of those under 5 hours games in 1 day, on a weekend. I can beat those 5-10 hour games in 3 days, including a Friday night, full Saturday, and full Sunday. That will just leave me with those 10-15 hour games. Playing 2-3 hours/day on weekdays, and full weekends will get it done.

Ingles
01-07-2008, 03:12 AM
That is exactly right Ingles. You are not interested and could care less how high you could get you gamerscore so you could really careless about the award. But guess what everyone, if you CAN get 50k gamerscore in 3 months time, that is one FREAKIN hell of an accomplishment and would be deserving of an award. It works both ways ya see.

Oh and Ingles, I don't know if you were trying to "come to the rescue" of mjda or something, but what ticked most of us off was the way that he seemed to be disrespecting and insulting people with high gamerscore.

Also raising it to 75k or 100k would be really cool considering there is no question about it that reaching them is not "easy".

It does work both ways, hence the Gamerscore Leagues... That's where the real competitions should be taking place, not in this thread. To clarify King Pin, I wasn't coming to his rescue, more so coming to his defense. I've seen several of his posts in many threads and can vouch that regardless of his post count or his gamerscore, he has already shown tremendous interest in trying to help find ways to help with the server issues that x360a has been experiencing. He has made a lot of good recommendations and has talked with Routine in one thread more than most people in this thread have said hi to him. He's offered a lot of insightful information and unlike most new members, is trying to help in any way that he can to make the most of the website and community! See his thread here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50684). I think that this is a well deserved pat on the back for mjda. How many people can say that they were trying to be this active in the community and website as much as he already started out being? Yea... not many.

I'm sure that he wasn't intentionally trying to disrespect or insult anyone with a high gamerscore, as he tried clarifying in his next post. We've all been guilty of saying something and having it come out wrong and people misinterpreting what we've said. Let's just not be so quick to jump the gun which yes, we're all guilty of sometimes. ;)

antnie
01-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Mjda you are in way over your head. you will most likely get 20,000 if you are going to play as hard as you say you are going to.

mjda
01-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Maybe you're right, but I guess we'll see 3 months from the day I get my 360. The way I figure it, I could have over 20K my first 2 weekends.

HoodMod
01-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Mjda you are in way over your head. you will most likely get 20,000 if you are going to play as hard as you say you are going to.

Yeah I'm not trying to be cruel but I'm just saying, it's very difficult.

mjda
01-07-2008, 03:20 AM
It's ok HoodMod. I know how difficult it will be. I also know, with zero doubt, that I can do it.

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Wow Ingles............ I am speechless. So just because mjda knows more about running a server than all of us means that he is a savior...ok thats cool, obviously we need it. I have seen that thread and have no idea what the heck routine and him were talking about so I left.

One thing that I do know about is Gamerscore. One thing that mjda seems has yet to grasp. Pat him on the back all you want Ingles I honestly do not care.

I think it would be great if you and mjda would stop spamming in here. If you want to talk about how awesome you each are, go make a member profile then you both can pat each other's back.

What you posted has nothing to do with the purpose of the thread so stop spamming.

mjda
01-07-2008, 03:29 AM
One thing that I do know about is Gamerscore. One thing that mjda seems has yet to grasp.

This sort of statement is funny. You know absolutely nothing about me, yet you think I know nothing about gamerscore. Just because I have 0 GS with this gamertag doesn't mean I've never played the 360 and don't know about GS at all. In fact, I have played the 360 before, and have already had over 10K GS on 4-5 different gamertags over the years. The thing is, I decided to sell my last 360. Now that I've decided to buy another, I wanted to start again with a fresh gamertag. In fact, most of those games in the "Quick 1000" list, I've already beaten at one time or another, which is why I'm so certain of my ability to get the 50K in 3 months. Maybe you should try to get to know a little about a person before you try to act like the "tough guy" and go around bashing them and their intellect on the internet.

I also find it odd that you agreed with me after my first post in this thread, then started bad mouthing me just because I hurt your feelings with my next post. I didn't mean any disrespect to you at all by saying 50K was easy. I was just trying to make the point that with nearly 60K being available in a forum here that is called "Quick 1000", 50K isn't exactly the toughest thing to achieve.

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 03:37 AM
Please Stop.

I Do Not Care About Your Life Story Or If You Can Get 50k.

I Dont Want To Learn About You.

Please Stop Spamming. God Damn.

You Are Exhausting And Difficult To Talk To. Please Stop Spamming.

I Have Heard Your Opinion, Now I Want To Hear Others.

I WILL MAKE THE SUGGESTION UP TO 75K SO I DON'T HAVE TO READ WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ANYMORE.

mjda
01-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Just one more thing to add. In a previous post you mentioned that to obtain 50K one would need to play 500 hours. That's saying each game averages 10 hours, which is probably a little high considering over half of the "Quick 1000" games are under 5 and 5-10, but ok we'll go with that. Now, I have 90 days, which is 2160 hours. Divide that by your 500 hour estimate, and it looks like I need to average just 4.32 hours/day to get 50K in 3 months.

I King Pin 0
01-07-2008, 03:46 AM
Holy hell I have got to report you now for spamming.

Sorry, but what don't you get about me not caring........

I only want to talk about the idea of the award please, not you getting to 50k.

FOR THE 3RD TIME PLEASE STOP

YOU ARE ONLY TRYING TO RE-START SHIT. I WISH INGLES COULD SEE YOU NOW.

Ingles
01-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Wow Ingles............ I am speechless. So just because mjda knows more about running a server than all of us means that he is a savior...ok thats cool, obviously we need it. I have seen that thread and have no idea what the heck routine and him were talking about so I left.

One thing that I do know about is Gamerscore. One thing that mjda seems has yet to grasp. Pat him on the back all you want Ingles I honestly do not care.

I think it would be great if you and mjda would stop spamming in here. If you want to talk about how awesome you each are, go make a member profile then you both can pat each other's back.

What you posted has nothing to do with the purpose of the thread so stop spamming.

This is hilarious! Now I'm being misinterpreted. No, just because he may know more about running a server than most everyone in the thread doesn't mean that he is a savior. If you read carefully, that's not what I said. What I was saying is that for a member who is new to the forums, he's already putting forth a lot of effort and ideas. How often do you see this? Really. Just because he's new to the forums/website doesn't mean that his opinion should be disregarded and that's what I was trying to tell everyone. It appeared to me when I first read the thread that many people misinterpreted him in what he was saying and I was just trying to help him clarify what he was saying. Sometimes it helps having another perspective on things and someone to help interpret. Pardon me for interrupting but it did appear that he was a bit outnumbered. ;)

And as far as spamming goes, trying to belittle someone because they are a new member and don't have a GS yet is ridiculous no matter what you say. You asked for others thoughts/opinions and so he posted. No harm done there the last time I checked.

And so you don't think I'm "spamming" your thread, I think it would definitely be something to consider (having a gamerscore award). Having a high gamerscore is a great achievement in itself and should be recognized. You'll just have to run it by the admins and see what they think of course and only time will tell.

PerpetualHeaven
01-07-2008, 04:00 AM
First about the award, the staff has already thought of the idea but I don't know if it'll be implemented. Anyways, let's keep the testosterone down boys.

Not to flame or anything but you are being a huge prick. You have no idea how hard it is to get 50K, and in under 3 months? Yeah right. I will bet you 1000 MS points you don't get 50K in under 3 months, and since you are so certain of yourself then lets bet! Send me a friend request on the day you get your first achievement and I will wait for 90 days.

I'll take your bet because I know it can be done. I stopped gamerscoring around Feb this year and games 100 times easier have been released. Achieving 50,000 is definitely feasible in 3 months. It all really depends on your knowledge of gamerscoring and if everything goes according to plan.

To have 50,000 in 90 days would be around 560 points a day. That sounds like a lot and it kind of is, but you can get way more then that in a day initially. If I had the time and money to do it, I would do it.

mjda
01-07-2008, 04:04 AM
First about the award, the staff has already thought of the idea but there is debates of whether it should be implemented or not.

I definitely think it SHOULD be implemented. As was said before, this is an achievement site, but the numbers on the awards should be set at something that will be tough to get now, and will remain tough in the future. 75K right now, is going to be extremely tough for most people (impossible for some), and will also be tough to reach looking ahead.

Shutup23
01-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Awful idea just horrible, awful idea.

just kidding thats sounds pretty cool. :)

Minty
01-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Please Stop.

I Do Not Care About Your Life Story Or If You Can Get 50k.

I Dont Want To Learn About You.

Please Stop Spamming. God Damn.

You Are Exhausting And Difficult To Talk To. Please Stop Spamming.

I Have Heard Your Opinion, Now I Want To Hear Others.

I WILL MAKE THE SUGGESTION UP TO 75K SO I DON'T HAVE TO READ WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ANYMORE.

For someone that cant be arsed to read other peoples info....

LEARN TO FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!! Everyone else has gone over and over this, and youve been around the forums long enough to have seen it probably 5 times...........