Sticky Power Button

Tussell

Has anyone had this problem? I searched and found nothing on the topic. I having a feeling that I had this problem with my original 360, but can't quite remember.

Anyways, the button doesn't actually click when you push it, it just kinda moves inwards, and it takes a few tries to actually get the button pushed. Is this possibly because my 360 is a bit newer? It's had a lot of use since I bought it, so I don't know what to think.

I'm not sure what you mean with the fading, I know that it was part of the update, but not relating to this don't think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What I mean is the actual button on my Xbox360 console. It's as if it doesn't work as a button, but just something you push to turn on and off. It's really hard to explain, and I apologize if I'm not getting the point across.

Yeah, you push it in but it doesn't go off? Or on? That happens to mine, but with the fade out feature or whatever, it takes a second to shut off...so when I'm in a hurry to leave, I push the button real fast but nothing happens, it doesn't go off...leaving it on for a few hours.

If that's not what you mean, then sorry. lol.

Yes, I understand now. So I assume it's somewhat normal? I just now on some of my friends consoles, it works just fine, yet mine is just being a pain in the ass. Anyone know of any simple ways to fix it that don't require anything being removed? It's a very irritating thing, eventhough it doesn't cause much of a problem. If you don't know of anyway to do it without removing anything, I guess I wouldn't mind hearing ways of doing it with removing stuff, just as long as it won't screw up my 360.

Yes, I understand now. So I assume it's somewhat normal? I just now on some of my friends consoles, it works just fine, yet mine is just being a pain in the ass. Anyone know of any simple ways to fix it that don't require anything being removed? It's a very irritating thing, eventhough it doesn't cause much of a problem. If you don't know of anyway to do it without removing anything, I guess I wouldn't mind hearing ways of doing it with removing stuff, just as long as it won't screw up my 360.

Read my post above :( Also, you can just always turn it off/on with your controller.

Read my post above :( Also, you can just always turn it off/on with your controller.

Ah, I missed that when Sanction1 replied. I never thought of that, I've got another faceplate. My favorite wood one. That is a nice idea, and I'll try popping that thing on soon, I just wanted to keep it how it was, since I recently purchased it. Anywho, I'm aware that you can turn it on/off with the 360 controller and other things, but it's just a pet peeve of mine. Don't really know why.:p

Yeah, my old 360 is fine, but my newer one has had this problem since day one. The best solution would be to turn it off with the controller, but since I always forget I just push this one specific part of the circle where it works a bit better. I was going to try to just take off the faceplate and put it back on or something, or take my friend's spare, but I keep forgetting to do that too.

I got a new 360 from Best Buy after I got RRoD'd and my new one is exactly what you've described. I thought it was weird but thought it must be the newer ones. I remember my old one made a definant click sound. My new one I feel like I just have to push back as far as it seems it'll go and it kind of fades off. Not a problem, I'm just glad I have a working 360.

I got a new 360 from Best Buy after I got RRoD'd and my new one is exactly what you've described. I thought it was weird but thought it must be the newer ones. I remember my old one made a definant click sound. My new one I feel like I just have to push back as far as it seems it'll go and it kind of fades off. Not a problem, I'm just glad I have a working 360.

Ya I have one from last christmas and mine does the click sound when i push the power button.

also how does one go about getting the faceplate off? i can't seem to figure it out

1. Place your index fingers on both hands in the two usb ports at the front.

2. Put one index finger to the left and the other on the right.

3. Pull with a bit of force and it should come loose and easy enough just to take off.

(superb instructions if you ask me :))

------------

On topic i usually use the controller now because the button on the 360 is sticking into the console but i love the way it doesn't make a noise and silently moves in and in my case not back out unless i push it again but every 360 is individual. Atleast it doesn't light up red when it turns on wait must check it, phew its still alive :woop:.

Tuss what have you been doing to make your button sticky :p

Oh dear!

What happens in my house, stays in my house. :p

Nah, nothing, it just came this way. As I mentioned though, it's fairly new, and I don't feel like taking it back for this. Was just looking for a quick fix. I'm still weary about removing the faceplate, though I love the wood one, and used it on my old one constantly, I just want the faceplate normal for now, and don't feel like buying a standard white faceplate.