PDA

View Full Version : "No Miss" Beat Level 3 without dying walkthrough

NEO CRIMS0N
01-08-2008, 12:58 AM
For level 3, you have to go a bit slower than lvl 1 and 2 since you can get shot at a lot easier than the previous levels. What you have to do is get past the first 3 set of enemy groups when in the scuba part of the level. Once you reach the first "wall turrent" go down the tube. You will be in a cave and at the end of it are two subs, take one and go submerge.

Vehicles are key for doing these missions, they allow you to take damage without dying and can also have their health restored, so you want to be in one as long and frequently as possible. The sub fires in a downward arch so try to get the feel for that before moving on. Dont rush this part, as there will be enemy subs and "u-boats" you have to take out. Save your torpedos for the "u-boats" as the brown ones take 3 torpedos to kill. As long as you inch your way through this part of the level, you will only be fighting 2-4 subs at a time and remember to focus fire on the first one that appears and go in that order so you dont give them a chance to hit you with their torpedos.

Once you get past that part, you will be in a factory with grate flooring. The camera turrents and laser drones are pretty simple to get past, I prefer destroying them so I dont get hit by some rogue bullet, but you can pretty much rush past them on the first floor. When on the second floor, make sure to get the POW that is near the base of the steps, he will drop a heavy machine gun pick up. Use that to destroy the cameras and laser drones before proceeding to the third floor. Now, the third floor only has two soldier talking to each other, I just tossed a grenade and they both died together as I walked to the elevator.

This is where the troubles begin: the fourth floor. As soon as you start get on the forth floor, jump forward and toss TWO grenades as you continue to walk forward. This should take care of the group of enemies that approach you. Pick up the laser IMMEDIATELY. The laser is your key to beating this part of the level without dying. Quickly take out they Bazooka soldier behind you and the soldier with the shield ontop of you and move onto the elevator. There should still be a bazooka soldier on the 5th floor, I kill him once im on the rising elevator. Now, you are going to see soldier coming at you from the front and from the bottom. Quickly shoot a beam down at the bazooka soldiers as they walk so you get at least two, shoot anyone on your floor before they get two close to knife you, then finish off the last bazooka soldier on the bottom. Now 3 more bazooka soldiers rush across the sevent floor as you get rushed by riflemen infront of you. Once again, shoot a laser up so you get atleast two bazooka soldiers then a beam for the riflemen. TRY YOUR BEST NOT TO GET HIT BY A ROGUE BAZOOKA SHOT. Take out your last bazooka and head to the sevent floor. Two bazooka soldiers will be waiting for you at the far end next to the elevator, just beam them and head up to the eight and final floor. A group of enemies with rockets will rush in, one beam takes care of them. Another set of enemies are next, followed by another rocket soldier...just shoot your lazer each time you see an enemy.

Now, there should be a robot mech suit enemy that comes at you, kill him and comondeer the vehicle. Remember, the vehicle is your best friend, so dont let it die! Inch your way across this part of the level, filtering the enemies you fight to two-three at a time. The enemies with the shields are most the most annoying, but if you take your time you will hit enough ammo and health to keep you going to the boss fight (last pair of enemy mech's drop a health).

This bost is extremely easy and predictable. If you have your mech, you should blow through this. Just get on the treds and fire up at the bottom left corner of his mouth, this way if any missile pods are shot off, most of the time you will blow them up with your gun. If your mech runs out of ammo, just bail out of you could try using up your missiles by using your double jump and shooting at the head. Try your best to avoid its eye lazer, that is the most annoying move it has. If you see the robot turn its head in a direction, jump to the opposite side and quickly hop back on the treds as soon as the attack is over.

With all this, I hope you guys can beat the third level with "no miss."

calzord
01-08-2008, 10:49 PM
this is good might i suggest that when yo reach the truck while in the mech suit you double jump save the POW and get the shot gun it make the boss even easier.

NEO CRIMS0N
01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Never thought of that, I kinda just wanted to make it through the level without losing that mech.

RupturedRapture
01-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Nice job Crimson. This game scared me away with its achievments but this should help.

Eurion
02-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Nice hints. Definitively agree that the fourth floor and up is troublesome. The boss really isn't that hard while in the mech. Let's see if I can get this one using these tips :)

Eurion
02-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Well, tried you hints yesterday and they help a LOT indeed. I only screwed up with the slug and had to beat it to boss on foot and made a dumb mistake but for the rest it worked like a charm. So I should be getting my no miss level 3 by the weekend!

killerharu45
02-19-2008, 05:07 AM
This definitely helps a bunch. I always have trouble during the multiple floor area

dyl2210
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
great guide thanks:) it helped:)